3|ink

Re: Hardest LG ever?

Postby 3|ink » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:41 pm

poi wrote:Zephyr Airline connections.

+1 if it's the one I'm thinking of.

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:36 pm

As a section this definitely ranked up there, due to time. As for a single game, the Promotion one with the executives, associates and assistants was pretty tough and IMO the toughest was the game with the racing dogs that were either male or female, different breeds and you had to place them first, second, third or out. That was one of the games that I still don't fully understand. Both from really old tests though.

2Serious4Numbers

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:42 pm

the one game that everyone on here is gonna say was a -0 and so freaking easy but made me lose my mind was the fishtank fish selection game. easily took me 12-15 minutes to do and i was so relieved i didnt find that in pt61 on testday

anonymiB

Postby anonymiB » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:44 pm

2Serious4Numbers wrote:the one game that everyone on here is gonna say was a -0 and so freaking easy but made me lose my mind was the fishtank fish selection game. easily took me 12-15 minutes to do and i was so relieved i didnt find that in pt61 on testday

They repeat the same games? Or do they change up the names and the game virtually stays the same?

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:47 pm

They change the combination of rules, the general rules usually stay the same and some are more common than others. In terms of game types there are newer game types, the hybrid being the newest, as well as older traditional game types 2 of which were on the December exam.

2Serious4Numbers

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:52 pm

anonymiB wrote:
2Serious4Numbers wrote:the one game that everyone on here is gonna say was a -0 and so freaking easy but made me lose my mind was the fishtank fish selection game. easily took me 12-15 minutes to do and i was so relieved i didnt find that in pt61 on testday

They repeat the same games? Or do they change up the names and the game virtually stays the same?

no they dont repeat complete games, sorry for the ambiguity, but they do repeat styles like kkklick pointed out

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:19 pm

Dec10 has to rank as one of the top 5 hardest LG sections as a whole. I've never struggled with TWO games in one section like I did that day.

SchopenhauerFTW

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:44 pm

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

etown989

Postby etown989 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:07 pm

3|ink wrote:
poi wrote:Zephyr Airline connections.

+1 if it's the one I'm thinking of.

ahh yes i think they called this a grouping game, but i never saw it that way and treated it as a mapping.

Attorney

Postby Attorney » Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:51 pm

Sandro777 wrote:Dec10 has to rank as one of the top 5 hardest LG sections as a whole. I've never struggled with TWO games in one section like I did that day.

Yeah, neither would be the hardest game of all time (although arguments could be made for both being harder than muave dinosaurs, which was supposedly the hardest in recent times). I'd say they were both in the top 10 through 15 range all-time. What made PS 62 unique was that it is the only PS to ever have two games in the upper echelons of difficulty.

And in the fact that they came in the middle, that the first game had no room to write diagrams anywhere, and that the only "normal" game came fourth after all these unusually time-consuming occurrences.... and you have some nasty, nasty performances on this LG and a curve that will probably reflect that.

My only concern about the curve though is that it takes difficulty into account but not the fact that they were so time-consuming. LSAC doesn't necessarily recycle entire experimental sections all at once, does it? Is it possible that they come piecemeal from different experimental LGs? If that's the case then I don't expect the curve to be adequately generous. If that's not the case and experimental sections are reproduced on actual PS's only in their entirety, I still expect the curve to be fairly huge.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:03 pm

Attorney wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:Dec10 has to rank as one of the top 5 hardest LG sections as a whole. I've never struggled with TWO games in one section like I did that day.

Yeah, neither would be the hardest game of all time (although arguments could be made for both being harder than muave dinosaurs, which was supposedly the hardest in recent times). I'd say they were both in the top 10 through 15 range all-time. What made PS 62 unique was that it is the only PS to ever have two games in the upper echelons of difficulty.

And in the fact that they came in the middle, that the first game had no room to write diagrams anywhere, and that the only "normal" game came fourth after all these unusually time-consuming occurrences.... and you have some nasty, nasty performances on this LG and a curve that will probably reflect that.

My only concern about the curve though is that it takes difficulty into account but not the fact that they were so time-consuming. LSAC doesn't necessarily recycle entire experimental sections all at once, does it? Is it possible that they come piecemeal from different experimental LGs? If that's the case then I don't expect the curve to be adequately generous. If that's not the case and experimental sections are reproduced on actual PS's only in their entirety, I still expect the curve to be fairly huge.

Wow thats a good question. I sure hope LSAC has something to account for that scenario where maybe when they were exp. they werent given with equally as hard games...

iWayneState

Postby iWayneState » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:46 pm

December LSAT was easy, brah.

anonymiB

Postby anonymiB » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:49 pm

iWayneState wrote:December LSAT was easy, brah.

Did you take it?

iWayneState

Postby iWayneState » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:11 pm

anonymiB wrote:
iWayneState wrote:December LSAT was easy, brah.

Did you take it?

Yes. I was kidding, ftr.

As someone who usually flies through LG, I think I might have missed a couple on the 11th.

Attorney

Postby Attorney » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:01 pm

iWayneState wrote:As someone who usually flies through LG, I think I might have missed a couple on the 11th.

Way to make me feel bad about myself!

Ragged

Postby Ragged » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:27 pm

Didn't take December but I thought the bus seating was the toughest one. I did that game so many times and each time it gave me problems. Guiterras....

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:37 pm

bus game was easy, took 7 minutes.

dec 2010 was easy.

game 1-5 minutes
game 4-6 minutes
game 2- 15 minutes
game 3-10 minutes

every question is worth 1 point. as somebody who is not a 170+ scorer, you have to take the strategy of doing the easy games first.

Of the games that I thought were hard, I would say Zephyr Airlines is hard the first time you go through it then pretty simple after that.

IN MY OPINION, The used records game, Used pop/New pop; rap, jazz, opera was the hardest....... I suck at in/out or grouping whatever you want to call them.

MOD EDIT: dangerously close to divulging too much information about the test. Next time, there will be a short TLS vacation. Thank you.

anonymiB

Postby anonymiB » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:43 pm

lakers3peat wrote:bus game was easy, took 7 minutes.

dec 2010 was easy.

game 1-5 minutes
game 4-6 minutes
game 2- 15 minutes
game 3-10 minutes

every question is worth 1 point. as somebody who is not a 170+ scorer, you have to take the strategy of doing the easy games first.

Of the games that I thought were hard, I would say Zephyr Airlines is hard the first time you go through it then pretty simple after that.

IN MY OPINION, The used records game, Used pop/New pop; rap, jazz, opera was the hardest....... I suck at in/out or grouping whatever you want to call them.

bus games? zephr airlines? I didnt see those, they must have been the experimental section. The real eection had stained glass windows and conferences.

Cupidity

Postby Cupidity » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:56 pm

No. Dinosaur. Always Dinosaur.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:02 am

Cupidity wrote:No. Dinosaur. Always Dinosaur.

Yet another mauve victim.

akili

Postby akili » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:02 am

anonymiB wrote:bus games? zephr airlines? I didnt see those, they must have been the experimental section. The real eection had stained glass windows and conferences.

They are talking about previous games

iWayneState

Postby iWayneState » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:03 am

I want to go to law school.

anonymiB

Postby anonymiB » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:08 am

kkklick wrote:

Yet another mauve victim.

I took that June LSAT with the muave dinosaurs and I ironically got all those questions right but missed 20 other on a LR section lol...shows I had no clue what I was doing. 15/23 on LG 5/26 on LR lol

veragood

Postby veragood » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:20 am

If not the hardest, definitely top 3. Easily.

It was really really difficult. And I've done pretty much all of them.

Luckily, the rest of the test was pretty manageable.

Attorney

Postby Attorney » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:34 pm

veragood wrote:If not the hardest, definitely top 3. Easily.

It was really really difficult. And I've done pretty much all of them.

Luckily, the rest of the test was pretty manageable.

Agree with this for the most part. The rest of the test was no cakewalk but it was average to slightly difficult. The LG difference alone will be worth the difference between about a -10 and a -14 at around 170 though. At least if the entire section was given as experimental to determine the curve (which takes into account the lack of writing space on Game #1 and the time-consuming factor of two very difficult games instead of one) as opposed to a piecemeal experimental approach. We'll see.

This one had two games that were comparable to mauve dinos, and the first game had no space to make a diagram on. The fact that the other three games with dinos were pretty standard and easy, made that overall section quite a bit easier than the LG section of PS 62.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”