Hardest LG ever? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
anonymiB

New

Hardest LG ever?

Post by anonymiB » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:27 pm

Was December 2010 the hardest LG ever in any LSAT test, prep or real?

rht82688

New

Re: Hardest LG ever?

Post by rht82688 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:38 pm

I think it ranks high up there. There was such little space to work out the first two games and it seemed like it was all about hypos, plug n chug variables. I think the 4th game was super easy, but people probably had a hard time even getting to it. I was able to do very well on the october games but felt like this set was much, much tougher.

cardinals03

New

Post by cardinals03 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:52 pm

This LG section was more time consuming. I had no trouble with the first game, but stained glass took a lot of time. After that I quickly read the setup for games 3 & 4 and decided the latter was easier and completed it, but blind guessed on most of the third game. The numerous hypos seemed to be the trouble with these games in my opinion.

anonymiB

New

Post by anonymiB » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:57 pm

cardinals03 wrote:This LG section was more time consuming. I had no trouble with the first game, but stained glass took a lot of time. After that I quickly read the setup for games 3 & 4 and decided the latter was easier and completed it, but blind guessed on most of the third game. The numerous hypos seemed to be the trouble with these games in my opinion.
Now I am thinking I did really poorly on this part, what is a hypo

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:59 pm

I do personally feel like no other LG section has given me this much difficulty. The closest to it for me was new and used CD sale I think, but that was earlier in my prep that I took that as well. I would chalk it up to test day nerves, but LG was fifth and I cruised through the first four sections.

I don't know how to really objectively measure the difficulty of a logic game, not with any data that is available to me anyway, so who knows. But for me, I'd say yes, it was the hardest LG I have ever encountered on the LSAT.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:01 am

anonymiB wrote:
cardinals03 wrote:This LG section was more time consuming. I had no trouble with the first game, but stained glass took a lot of time. After that I quickly read the setup for games 3 & 4 and decided the latter was easier and completed it, but blind guessed on most of the third game. The numerous hypos seemed to be the trouble with these games in my opinion.
a hypothetical diagram in which you hypothetically place all of the variables in a way that satisfies the rules. some games may only hypothetically have three possible solutions, in which case if you do hypos at the beginning, all of the answers will be right in front of your face. if you do hypotheticals correctly, it's like having an answer key in your face, but it's a big investment in time too.

cardinals03

New

Post by cardinals03 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:02 am

anonymiB wrote:
A hypothetical situation in a game. Each question usually has you consider a new hypo such as "if A runs second, then where must B run".

58932ugahoige

New

Post by 58932ugahoige » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:14 am

Not even close. The section was slightly time consuming, but if you looked at the clues you could make an inference that made LG2 easy.

There are much, much harder games out there.

anonymiB

New

Post by anonymiB » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:21 am

cardinals03 wrote:
anonymiB wrote:
A hypothetical situation in a game. Each question usually has you consider a new hypo such as "if A runs second, then where must B run".
That's what I figured, thank you for the information. I will learn all the meanings and LG diagrams if I am going to retake again, tyvm for this tidbit.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

etown989

Bronze

Post by etown989 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:54 am

Shmuckluk wrote:Not even close. The section was slightly time consuming, but if you looked at the clues you could make an inference that made LG2 easy.

1)muave dinos
2) and the goddamn female lizards/snakes

2Serious4Numbers

Bronze

Post by 2Serious4Numbers » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:59 am

etown989 wrote:
Shmuckluk wrote:Not even close. The section was slightly time consuming, but if you looked at the clues you could make an inference that made LG2 easy.

1)muave dinos
I'll see your dinos... and raise you a set of "bus seats"

Revolver066

Bronze

Post by Revolver066 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:02 am

+1 to female lizards/snakes :shudders:. On my prep test I somehow got -0 on Dinos yet made three dumb mistakes on the easier games. Go figure.

Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:26 am

Lizards and CD's are the hardest ever IMO, although I haven't gotten to the dinos yet.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Kobe_Teeth

Silver

Post by Kobe_Teeth » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:39 am

Sh@keNb@ke wrote:Lizards and CD's are the hardest ever IMO, although I haven't gotten to the dinos yet.

Dinos FTW. Lizards and Cd's I thought were kinda easy.

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:42 am

^ Three fans of the Lakers in a row.

CDs was awful. Bus seats as well.

Attorney

Bronze

Post by Attorney » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:00 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:^ Three fans of the Lakers in a row.
I didn't think there were that many NBA fans in the entire country, much less that many for one random team.

lakers3peat

Bronze

Post by lakers3peat » Wed Dec 22, 2010 4:12 am

LAKERS 3 PEAT BABY!! WOOT!!

too bad we looked like amateurs tonight.

we got the heat come christmas day!!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:21 am

CDs was the hardest game ever. But as an entire LG section, Dec 2010 has to be near the top of the list. I'm not sure of any LG sections where they deliberately put the easiest game as the fourth one.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:43 am

2Serious4Numbers wrote:
etown989 wrote:

1)muave dinos
I'll see your dinos... and raise you a set of "bus seats"

androstan

Gold

Post by androstan » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:49 am

While I'm not a top-scorer on logic game, I don't generally consider them "hard". I usually just can't move/think fast enough to get to every question. If given 45 minutes on the section I could probably go 100% almost every time.

But the lizards... that was a hard game. Harder than stained glass or conferences for sure.

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:33 pm

For me, lizards was -0. Bus seats was -0. Mauve dinosaur was -0. New and used CD sale was -2 (taken much earlier in prep).

None of the games, neither conferences or stained glass, in PT 62 were individually as difficult as any of the individual games listed above. But PT 62, taken as a whole, was more difficult than any of those sections taken as a whole IMO.

If you go game for game, PT 62 didn't have anything even in the top 5 probably. But if you go section by section, LG PT 62 was intense and I'd rank it as my #1 hardest LG section taken as a whole. But, that said, LR and RC were easy on PT 62, so it wasn't too bad. I'm not sure if this thread is asking for the hardest individual game, or hardest section of games, but it seems like people are responding as if the former were the question.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

2011Law

Silver

Post by 2011Law » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:36 pm

Dinos

poi

New

Post by poi » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:37 pm

Zephyr Airline connections.

iwanta170

Bronze

Post by iwanta170 » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:49 pm

I got a 165 in October and retook in December. I thought that both LR sections were really easy. RC is usually my worst section and I think I did better than usual, but I did have a new strategy that I think helped. Games I average 0-2 wrong (only when I make stupid mistakes) and I ran out of time on that section. Had to blind guess on a few. I walked out of the test thinking that I blew it thanks to LG but with a big curve I think I'm in good shape. The LG section was definitely one of the hardest I've taken, and I've done practically all of the tests dating back to 1992. I don't think the RC and LR sections being a little easier than usual will offset the difficulty of the games. Therefore, a -13 or -14 curve sounds about right.

sarahlawg

Silver

Post by sarahlawg » Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:27 pm

Everyone talking about these games makes me want to do them...PTs in the past have had games with no space to write, so I'm just curious about the games themselves. Good thing a friend of mine took the Dec test so I can mooch off her PDFs!

...I need help.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”