who is tired of the LSAT making them feel stupid?? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
doubleL

New

who is tired of the LSAT making them feel stupid??

Post by doubleL » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:02 am

Or...is this just me? I've had it.

kls120

New

Re: who is tired of the LSAT making them feel stupid??

Post by kls120 » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:08 am

those hard logic game problems are giving me a headache. i mean I get all the questions correct in the end, but some of those problems take me like 13~14 mins to finish... it just takes too long for me to set up the diagram and make inferences for each question

any tips? im taking in June next year btw

hokie

Bronze

Post by hokie » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:14 am

def me. I was all prepared and psyched [somewhat] for the LSAT then the LG section hit........ :shock: Game Over.

doubleL

New

Post by doubleL » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:18 am

My only advice is only take it if you ABSOLUTELY know you're ready. Albeit, this is not a very easy thing to know. Not to scare, but anything can happen on test day, both in and out of your control.

Its not so much one section, as reason to post this, but the entire lsat and application process. Bc of it, i must apply to schools that were never ever on my radar. I have 75%+ GPA for every school...but...lsat is a much different story.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Dec 21, 2010 1:29 am

Where's the damn poll?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

WhatSarahSaid

Bronze

Post by WhatSarahSaid » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:05 am

kls120 wrote:those hard logic game problems are giving me a headache. i mean I get all the questions correct in the end, but some of those problems take me like 13~14 mins to finish... it just takes too long for me to set up the diagram and make inferences for each question

Practice, practice, practice.

Several LSAT study guides on this website instruct people following them to photocopy logic games so they can be repeated, and given how much time you have, that's definitely what you should do.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:14 am

WhatSarahSaid wrote:
kls120 wrote:those hard logic game problems are giving me a headache. i mean I get all the questions correct in the end, but some of those problems take me like 13~14 mins to finish... it just takes too long for me to set up the diagram and make inferences for each question

Several LSAT study guides on this website instruct people following them to photocopy logic games so they can be repeated, and given how much time you have, that's definitely what you should do.
For me this was of little help on Dec10 because the two games Stained Glass/Conferences I did not get the standard inferences that usually follow from setups - maybe I should have devoted more time but it seemed like each question asked you to start the game over with a new hypo. F december10.

sophia.olive

Silver

Post by sophia.olive » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:14 am

I make the LSAT feel stupid.

WhatSarahSaid

Bronze

Post by WhatSarahSaid » Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:19 am

Sandro777 wrote:
WhatSarahSaid wrote:

For me this was of little help on Dec10 because the two games Stained Glass/Conferences I did not get the standard inferences that usually follow from setups - maybe I should have devoted more time but it seemed like each question asked you to start the game over with a new hypo. F december10.
I didn't take the December '10 test, but from taking the June and September tests, it really seems like they're relying less on the old "make an awesome diagram and draw most of the inferences right off the bat" model and more on being able to make multiple hypos and really understand what the rules are doing (through the use of those awful rule change questions). Given the strategies that test prep companies push, this makes sense.

No matter what, being able to draw diagrams and make inferences more quickly is useful, and relying heavily on the most recent tests can't hurt either.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Eyetalian

New

Post by Eyetalian » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:08 pm

The games are changing, as are the RC passages and questions. Everything is more abstract, more high-level.

3|ink

Platinum

Post by 3|ink » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:14 pm

I am so stupid of making the LSAT look tired.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Dec 21, 2010 3:14 pm

Some RC passages (such as Riddled basins) or tough level 5 LR questions make me feel dumb.

stargazin

Bronze

Post by stargazin » Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:59 pm

sophia.olive wrote:I make the LSAT feel stupid.
Badass! :D

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”