Blueprint Diagrammig Method

martymcfly1234

Blueprint Diagrammig Method

Postby martymcfly1234 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:44 am

Hi, I have gone through the PS games and LR bibles as well as a couple workbooks and I am now considering buying Blueprint the Movie v2.0. I was wondering if their diagramming methods etc. are compatible with what I have already learned from PS - paritcularly the diagramming for the games. I have heard BP uses tables which is a method that PS is very critical about. Could anyone enlighten me as to whether or not these two prep guides are compatible? Thanks.

emjay

Re: Blueprint Diagrammig Method

Postby emjay » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:06 pm

I'm not sure about PS, but I have taken the blueprint course and don't remember making tables for diagramming games, we make tiered ordering thingies and use multiple tiers in a diagram for grouping games, but I've never heard them being referred to as tables. I don't know how much sense that made, but that's the clearest explanation i can give. Although, I can say there are slight differences between BP and PS logical reasoning strategy, I used the LR bible. And by slight I mean some may call them major differences, BP teaches to read the prompt before the stimulus and PS is the other way around, I just picked the strategy that worked best for me.

Also, i should add that i personally went from -10 to -0 on games using BP, but I don't know if that would be true for everyone.

good luck

flannelman

Postby flannelman » Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:50 am

Wow I didn't realize that Testmasters and Blueprint were opposed on such a fundamental approach to LR. Interesting. I could see how both ways might be worth a try in there own right. Though with most everything else seeming (at least I have heard) very similar I would have expected that to be the same as well.

SchopenhauerFTW

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:39 am

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bp colin

Postby bp colin » Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:00 pm

I'm not entirely sure what these "tables" are, but it doesn't really sound like anything we do. As for LR, yeah, we do the prompt first. I do think it's a better method, but some people go for stimulus-first with good results as well.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”