Help me distinguish the two and choose

bp colin

Re: Help me distinguish the two and choose

Postby bp colin » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:25 am

fut1l wrote:Does anyone know if you can sit in on any random ongoing course? Or , do i have to wait for a new one to begin to sit in ?

We at Blueprint are usually pretty flexible about people sitting in on our classes so they can get a feel for what they're like, but in New York we're not running classes until this coming March. If you're planning on taking the October test, then you could sit in on one of our classes for the June test. If you're planning on taking the June test, though, there wouldn't be a class for you to sit in on beforehand, but I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have, just PM me.

gbpackerbacker

Postby gbpackerbacker » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:30 am

I found the PowerScore methods to be quite helpful.

EbonyEsq

Postby EbonyEsq » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:12 pm

bp colin wrote:
fut1l wrote:Does anyone know if you can sit in on any random ongoing course? Or , do i have to wait for a new one to begin to sit in ?

We at Blueprint are usually pretty flexible about people sitting in on our classes so they can get a feel for what they're like, but in New York we're not running classes until this coming March. If you're planning on taking the October test, then you could sit in on one of our classes for the June test. If you're planning on taking the June test, though, there wouldn't be a class for you to sit in on beforehand, but I'd be glad to answer any questions you may have, just PM me.

Colin, a few questions:

1. Do you know which BP instructor is teaching the NY class this Spring?

2. Are your Spring classes just as full as your Summer classes? How many students on average are enrolled in the Spring BP classes?

3. What's the discount for students repeating BP classes? I was quoted $650 back in 2009 but don't know if its went up since.

4. Are the BP videos a great way to supplement missed classes, especially for those of us working full time who cannot attend all the evening sessions?

Thanks!

EbonyEsq

Postby EbonyEsq » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:18 pm

fut1l wrote:All great answer and replies everyone. This is very helpful. Please continue posting in this thread and encourage others. We can use more information. any Ny'ers that cane vow the course they took and their opinions on it? That would be helpful as well

I'm a NY'er who took the BP class back when it was new on the scene, in 2007. It was GREAT! I just didn't finish the class like I should and plan on retaking in the Spring. What I really loved was Matt Riley, one of BP's founders and LG guru, also teaching some of our sessions. He is a GREAT instructor. Loved him!

I'm hoping he graces some of the sessions I intend on taking this Spring. I was also researching which classes to attend and was torn between Manhattan LSAT and BP. After sitting in on one of Manhattan LSAT's free sessions, I think I'm going to return to BP and for a fraction of the cost.

bp colin

Postby bp colin » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:49 pm

EbonyEsq wrote:1. Do you know which BP instructor is teaching the NY class this Spring?

Me!

EbonyEsq wrote:2. Are your Spring classes just as full as your Summer classes? How many students on average are enrolled in the Spring BP classes?

Last spring was around 35.

EbonyEsq wrote:3. What's the discount for students repeating BP classes? I was quoted $650 back in 2009 but don't know if its went up since.

Retaking the course is $776 with a new set of books and shipping (normally $1225 with shipping). You would need the new set of books, as we've done a major update to the curriculum.

EbonyEsq wrote:4. Are the BP videos a great way to supplement missed classes, especially for those of us working full time who cannot attend all the evening sessions?

Yes, definitely. If you know that you'll have to be missing classes, I'd highly recommend getting the video upgrade. You get comprehensive animated videos for every single lesson. You can watch them if you have to miss a class, or to just review lessons that you found particularly difficult or could use some brushing up on.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”