answer my questions and get a free LSAT lesson

LSATiseasy

answer my questions and get a free LSAT lesson

Postby LSATiseasy » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:44 pm

Hi folks,

I'm an LSAT tutor, in a city with very few LSAT students. To expand my market, I'm planning to make a website and offer phone tutoring. I want to do some market research though, as I think finding students in far way cities will be harder than using craigslist to find and meet them locally.

So here's the deal. I'm going to post a few questions about what you consider web hiring an LSAT tutor. After about a week, I'll choose the three best responses. I'll email the authors to offer you a free LSAT lesson over the phone (1 hour long or so), whenever you would like it. That's enough time to let me see what techniques you're doing, and make some
significant improvements on the test section of your choice. (I know it can be done from experience with prior students).

*note: due to licensing issues, I'm not yet able to send any materials. So I can only give you a lesson if you have one of the official lsac books of past tests. You should have one anyway, they're the best LSAT prep materials out there, and cheap :)

** you don't have to answer all the questions to be eligible. Like I said, I'll just choose the three best answers.

1. What are the three most important things you consider in choosing an LSAT tutor?
2. If you've had tutoring before, what have been your most and least favorite qualities in the tutors you've had?
3. Would you consider phone tutoring? If not, what are your main reservations?
4. How important is your teacher's score? (I had a 177)
5. What factors would lead you to pay more than the market rate for a tutor?
6. If you've had phone tutoring and been satisfied, who was the tutor, and what convinced you to hire them? If you hired a local tutor, what convinced you to hire them?
7. Where do you usually look to find an LSAT tutor? (craigslist, google, word of mouth)?
8. Which do you find more convincing, if you were worried about whether the lesson would be worth the money: free first lesson, or 110% money back, no questions asked, if you're not satisfied?
9. Is there anything I should consider, but haven't asked?

Thanks, I look forward to your answers, and to tutoring a few of you.

helfer snooterbagon

Re: answer my questions and get a free LSAT lesson

Postby helfer snooterbagon » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:47 pm

My guess is that this thread quickly derails.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”