Odds of improvement

colorando

Odds of improvement

Postby colorando » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:04 pm

Was hoping to get some perspective from past LSAT takers in terms of practice test improvement.

I'm planning on taking the Feb LSAT (although not for sure) and need to get a score above 165.

Right now I'm getting 2 Q's wrong on each LG section, -2 to -4 on each LR and RC section. If I assume 12 to 14 Q's wrong that puts me right at where I want to be. I obviously intend to study so what kind of gains can I assume if I make studying a daily priority. These numbers also exclude a couple of practice sections that I grew frustrated with and bombed.... but that hasn't happend as much

My plan is to work through both Powerscore Books and do at least 15 more practice tests. What kind of reasonable improvements can I expect?

With daily studying of around an hour a day would it be possible to bring my wrong total to around 10 or 11?

Thanks for your input

AreJay711

Re: Odds of improvement

Postby AreJay711 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:07 pm

Your odds are 2.93:1

Good luck on the Feb test. If you work your ass off you will be fine for next cycle. Don't try to apply this cycle though.

Nonok

Postby Nonok » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:07 pm

You should be able to break 170 if you haven't used the powerscore books yet. They help a lot. I would recommend more than an hour a day. If that's all you can manage take the LSAT in either June or Oct. The more PTs you do with strict review the better you'll score.

These numbers also exclude a couple of practice sections that I grew frustrated with and bombed.... but that hasn't happend as much

Don't exclude numbers. By doing so you're just lying to yourself.

gdane

Postby gdane » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:46 pm

Understand the concepts! Dont just do PT's. Get the concepts down in LR and LG and then do practice tests.

Once you start doing practice tests, review them meticulously. The LSAT has a lot of patterns on it and you start to notice them after reviewing your tests in depth. Every question. Ask youself "why did I get this wrong?" "why did I choose the wrong answer/eliminate the right one?" "was there a word or concept that confused me?". Figure out why you made mistakes. This really helps.

Do this and you'll put yourself in a great position to get the score you want.

Good luck.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”