LSAT test centre: Legitimate grounds for complaint?

AshtonB

LSAT test centre: Legitimate grounds for complaint?

Postby AshtonB » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:14 pm

While writing the test, there was about a 10-15 minute period of very loud, unrelenting jackhammering noise right outside my building, followed by shorter bouts of similar noise.

Do you think this is worth reporting to LSAC? I know either way they will delay my score, but based on other people's experiences, what are they odds that they will provide any sort of recourse? I know a charge-free retake is a looongshot, but maybe a letter detailing the adverse circumstances that would be sent to the schools I'm applying to?

kkklick

Re: LSAT test centre: Legitimate grounds for complaint?

Postby kkklick » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:22 pm

Did you write in Canada? I've heard similar stories about UBC and UofT. If that's the case I'm sure people have already complained, but how muhc did it affect you? At my test center it was great except during section 3 when a couple kids in the hallway started screaming. Luckily it didn't affect me much and it was also during my experimental. To complain or not rests simply on the fact of how much the distraction affected your performance.

AshtonB

Postby AshtonB » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:36 pm

kkklick wrote:Did you write in Canada? I've heard similar stories about UBC and UofT. If that's the case I'm sure people have already complained, but how muhc did it affect you? At my test center it was great except during section 3 when a couple kids in the hallway started screaming. Luckily it didn't affect me much and it was also during my experimental. To complain or not rests simply on the fact of how much the distraction affected your performance.

Yeah, I wrote at U of T, inside the Galbraith Building. I know for sure there were at least a handful of others in the same room who were upset about the noise, but not sure if any of them filed a complaint.

The noise definitely affected my concentration during an LR and RC section. I was sitting right next to the window.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:59 pm

That's tough, if you're writing again, I would suggest Niagara College if you see some of my posts I talk about the specifics of why it's a good centre. It's only about an hour away from Toronto as well so not too far. RC and LR had 26 and 27 questions respectively, which is a lot to answer while a distraction is going on. All they will do though is let you write at another regular administration for free, they won't let you re-write the test I don't believe but not sure about that.

jlhero

Postby jlhero » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:05 pm

during my RC, a proctor told me to move my writing sample sheet from the left side of the table to the right side.

i almost wanted to shout "shut up bitch"

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Fri Dec 17, 2010 3:23 pm

jlhero wrote:during my RC, a proctor told me to move my writing sample sheet from the left side of the table to the right side.

i almost wanted to shout "shut up bitch"

cool story bro.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:01 pm

OP - I don't think it would get you so much as a free re-take, but it's worth a shot.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”