LG Prep Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
StanDarsh

New

LG Prep

Post by StanDarsh » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:54 pm

Hey all,

I'm looking for some advice from those of you who have mastered LGs. Without any prep work at all I have been able to consistently score -5 or better on the 2 LRs and RC combined, but at this point usually end up on the wrong side of -10 on LG.

I know the LG bible is probably considered the best tool out there. Are there any recommendations on the best way to utilize it? Write in the book or write on separate sheets of paper? Do one type of game at a time or jump around? Is there anything to supplement the LG bible or just something better that I'm not aware of?

I have about a 3.85 so I'm hoping to get a 170+ for next cycle and hopefully get into some good schools. Thanks for all the help, and good luck with this year's apps.

spets

Bronze

Re: LG Prep

Post by spets » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:02 pm

Stan Marsh... more like Stan Darsh!

Some people like to print out 3 copies of each game, but I just went through it and it was enough to bring my LGs into the 0-4 incorrect range. Incorrect answers were either the result of running out of time (hard game) or careless errors.

Alpine

New

Post by Alpine » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:11 pm

I just went straight through the book, as well, and had very similar results. I feel like after you go through it and still feel like you need more focused practice, you can just make copies from the PTs instead.

Also, I wouldn't take the LGB methods as the way to get the right answer. Use it as a starting point to fine tune and calibrate it to your specific style.

tourdeforcex

Bronze

Post by tourdeforcex » Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:40 am

Are there any recommendations on the best way to utilize it? Write in the book or write on separate sheets of paper? Do one type of game at a time or jump around? Is there anything to supplement the LG bible or just something better that I'm not aware of?
not sure about best way but i think what i did was helpful. i wrote on separate sheets of paper and timed every game, logging the date and time on each game. it was great to see my times improving over the course of a couple months. as for 1 type or jumping around, whatever you want. LG are one of the few parts of the LSAT i was really excited about. hours can go by doing games.

one day i decided to just do games, ended up doing 20 games in 1 day. as for supplementing LG Bible, just do games, as many real games as possible. it becomes intuitive, you start building hypos and thinking of answers and solutions before the questions are asked (i.e. start a game and i think it's useful to know what are the possible first positions, then #4 is: the following can be in the first position EXCEPT).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”