Are you ready for total DOMINATION?!! (Feb. 2011) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
risktaker

Silver

Re: The Slightly More Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Post by risktaker » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:23 pm

Thanks for the input guys. Guess I'll try one out this Saturday on my PT and see how it goes. Will update.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:48 pm

Just scored lower than my October test on my PT today. I don't even... :cry:

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:16 pm

Pleasye wrote:Just scored lower than my October test on my PT today. I don't even... :cry:
keep your head up- you can do it!

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:20 pm

I'm not sure if I should go all gung-ho on reviewing or take the weekend off. This fucking sucks.

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:45 pm

Pleasye wrote:I'm not sure if I should go all gung-ho on reviewing or take the weekend off. This fucking sucks.
Dear Pleasye, don't feel down. I know you can do it. Review the test today and tomorrow morning. Go out tomorrow. Glance over it on Sunday. That way, you're good to go as far as another PT on Monday. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:11 pm

99.9luft wrote:
Pleasye wrote:I'm not sure if I should go all gung-ho on reviewing or take the weekend off. This fucking sucks.
Dear Pleasye, don't feel down. I know you can do it. Review the test today and tomorrow morning. Go out tomorrow. Glance over it on Sunday. That way, you're good to go as far as another PT on Monday. :)
I agree with this. You can totally do it, Pleasye.

And if you're hell-bent on taking another PT this weekend, maybe split the difference and take one day off and do a PT on the other one.

Which PT gave you trouble?

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:20 pm

PT45 today.

LR1: -7 (I was in a loud coffee shop/restaurant. I relocated after this section and found somewhere quieter where I could focus a little more)
RC: -5
LG: -1
LR2: -4

-17 total for a raw score of 81 and a scaled score of 165.

I'm glad that my LG has been consistently strong (and the one I missed here wasn't even because I got the answer wrong -- I'd circled the correct one and then misbubbled when I transferred it to the answer sheet) and I think I'm going to go back through the last sections of the LR Bible, now that my materials are back in my possession. I had skipped the "principle" section because I hadn't seen too many of them in the PTs I was doing at the time, but there seem to be more of them on the newer tests. I think if I can knock those out, my scores will improve a bit.

Still don't know what to do on RC. I ran out of time today and had to guess on three questions. Blahhhhhh.

suspicious android

Silver

Post by suspicious android » Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:35 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:PT45 today.

LR1: -7 (I was in a loud coffee shop/restaurant. I relocated after this section and found somewhere quieter where I could focus a little more)
RC: -5
LG: -1
LR2: -4

-17 total for a raw score of 81 and a scaled score of 165.
Hey, I did this one today top. I was surprised to find that my copy of this test had #5 on the first LR section included, even though it was removed from scoring. I had no idea until I looked at the answer key, but that question did puzzle me, I chose an answer choice but hated it, I think if it had been the real thing I would have really stressed out about that.

SKI

New

Post by SKI » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:31 pm

Pleasye: IMO, when you feel frustrated, the best thing you can do is take a step back and clear your mind. I was overdoing the studying earlier this week to the point where the progressive scores on my PTs were going down instead of up. Threw down the books and went out with some good friends Wednesday night; spent Thursday recovering from the previous night. Today I woke up clear headed and with a new sense of focus and determination, scored back in the high 160s on a PT this morning, and have been studying ever since.

All that is anecdotal, but if you're feeling frustrated and your score isn't improving, you've got to do something different from what you've been doing, to get you back in a positive frame of mind. Taking time off is a great way to do this, although I can understand that with so little time left, it can be a scary proposition. Maybe try spending some time doing something you really enjoy that will keep the LSAT off your brain, even if it's just for a few hours. Exercise is also a great way to clear the mind and get the blood flowing-- give it a try & good luck!

*Edit for spelling

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

stilles

New

Post by stilles » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:36 pm

Anyone here take pt62 yet? i'm planning on taking it tom and wanted your thoughts

gluck!

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:43 pm

Thanks 99.9, Vissi and SKI.

This was my third test in a row and I think I really am getting kind of burnt out. My little sister is going back up to school this weekend so I think I'm going to drive her up with my mom tomorrow. We'll be back Sunday so I'll start looking at LSAT stuff again Sunday night/Monday morning. I really think I need a break.

I might take the LG sections of these last 3 tests with me and do them in the car but that's about it.

Glad to see you're still doing well on PT's Vissi! <3. Good luck with studying this weekend everyone!

SKI

New

Post by SKI » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:53 am

stilles: I was saving 62 for close to the end, maybe one week or less before the live exam. My friend took December 2010 live and got beat up badly on LG; there's a stained glass game everyone seems to complain about. There is evidence that it was a difficult test-- the curve is -14 for a 170, which is quite generous relative to most other PTs.

stilles

New

Post by stilles » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:26 am

SKI: Thanks for the input; yeah the reviews right after Dec 10 scared the s*** out of me so I'm planning on doing some LG drills tom and take it Sun morning-I'll keep you posted on the score. Wishing you the best for Feb.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

policestate1234

New

Post by policestate1234 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:28 am

I ordered 62 from LSAC but it's on back order.

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:41 am

policestate1234 wrote:I ordered 62 from LSAC but it's on back order.
+ 1

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:21 am

Get 62 on cambrigelsat.com if you don't want to wait. That's where I got it.

kulshan

Bronze

Post by kulshan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:22 am

Last edited by kulshan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:26 am

Yeah I'm gonna get 62 from Cambridge. You guys should just cancel your LSAC orders and order form Cambridge if possible.

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 2:37 pm

I took 62 and didn't think it was awful. I only missed one on the LG, which surprised me, given how everyone on here freaked out about them after the administration of the test. RC kicked my butt, though.

kulshan

Bronze

Post by kulshan » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:36 pm

Last edited by kulshan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Took PT 25 by taking five hour energy before the test and it did not go well. I took half of the 5 hour energy, about 1/2 hour before test and the rest during the break. So basically, I went a lot faster in the first section, but my accuracy took a slight hit, but could not focus well the rest of the test. I don't know if this is because I have never seen these tests before or because of all this experimenting with beta-blockers and then 5 hour energy. Either ways, I got a 160 on this test. Here's the breakdown:
RC: -7 (Guessed on 3)
LR experimental: -6 (Guessed on 3)
LR1: -9 (Guessed on 6)
LG: -6 (Guessed on 5)
LR2: -5 (Guessed on 2)

I am done with all this experimenting business and will take the next 4 PT's leading to february test without beta-blockers or 5 hour energy. I noticed that I have been guessing on a lot more questions than usual. I keep re-reading a lot of questions. I need to find a way around this. Hopefully, I can do this when I take the test "clean" this coming tuesday. I guess you were right 99.9 about the 5 hour energy.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

risktaker

Silver

Post by risktaker » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:44 pm

By the way, do any of you guys find the older LR and LG harder than the new LR and LG? I f'in hate these old LG games.

Kabuo

Silver

Post by Kabuo » Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:53 pm

Haven't checked in here in awhile, so here goes. Taken PTs 43-47 over the last two weekends: 175, 177, 174, 176, 172. Gotta say, these are some of the easiest LGs I've ever seen and it's making me nervous for the real thing. Taken the test twice so far, -6 LG in June, and -6 LG in Oct, so LG freak me out still. I've been finishing these 40s games with 10 minutes + to spare, and I'm starting to worry it might be actually hurting my preparation. I've started going through old 50s games that I did months ago to try to stay prepared for anything.

The 172 on PT 47 today is mildly worrying since that's what I got in October, but I also had an uncontrollable runny nose and had to go to the bathroom to blow it a few times while the clock was ticking. Hopefully I won't be feeling under the weather when I take the Feb exam, or I'm going to look like a real moron to all the schools that have me on hold when I score the same or lower. 5 of my 8 wrong answers were really obvious misreadings of the question, but I thought the other 3 were pretty sneaky questions. I'm going to try really hard to approach PT 48 like the real deal tomorrow and not make any stupid mistakes. I'll get a good night's sleep and eat a big breakfast, then see if there's hope for improving my score after all.

Dotson525

New

Post by Dotson525 » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:06 pm

risktaker wrote:By the way, do any of you guys find the older LR and LG harder than the new LR and LG? I f'in hate these old LG games.
I did find the LR and LG harder within the older PTs. Just took PT 54, -2 within LG. I've been using older PT's for practice, they may have contributed to LG. As for LR, I noticed a huge increase. Especially within Flaw and assumption questions. Within the older PTs, LR has numerous amt. of these question types. Overall noticed an increased. The RC section, kicked my butt though. :x It was wierd because I find the RC section within the older PT's more difficult.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:16 pm

Kabuo: the games in the 40's are considered some of the easiest games. I used to have seriousss trouble with LG and even I found them easy. Make sure to do harder games to keep you on your toesss!

I'm currently on my "I'm burnt out and taking a break" weekend so hopefully this will help and not hurt :?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”