Are you ready for total DOMINATION?!! (Feb. 2011)

Re: The Slightly More Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby 8675309 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:11 am

Just received my shipment from Amazon. PT 60 was in there and LSAC has a fresh new look on the covers, damnnnnn.

Anyone who has used the logic games bible, I started using it and have been going back about every other day and redoing the problems in it. It's getting easier and I am not memorizing answers, just remembering ways to do the games. Do you think that it's actually helping me or am I just starting to get too accustomed to the games? I am trying to save my PTs so that I have some for the timed tests so I am just trying to redo problems.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:27 am

8675309 wrote:Just received my shipment from Amazon. PT 60 was in there and LSAC has a fresh new look on the covers, damnnnnn.

Anyone who has used the logic games bible, I started using it and have been going back about every other day and redoing the problems in it. It's getting easier and I am not memorizing answers, just remembering ways to do the games. Do you think that it's actually helping me or am I just starting to get too accustomed to the games? I am trying to save my PTs so that I have some for the timed tests so I am just trying to redo problems.

I've been redoing a lot of games and I was scared that I was just remembering answers and deductions and not really making progress. After doing a couple of timed sections and a PT (all with games I hadn't seen) and getting through all of the games and getting -3, -2 and -0 on them I think it has helped me A LOT.

You could do and re-do all the games in the 30's and save the more recent PT's for timed tests? This is essentially what I did.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:36 am

I find the 90s games harder than the 00s games. People do say a lot on TLS not to do old tests, but i think that relates to RC and LR more than it does to LG.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:39 am

99.9luft wrote:I find the 90s games harder than the 00s games. People do say a lot on TLS not to do old tests, but i think that relates to RC and LR more than it does to LG.

30's = 90's right?

When people on TLS say not to do old tests what they mean is "don't do old tests and think that your score on those tests is what your score will be on recent tests". There is a lot to learn when doing old tests, but you have to keep in mind that there are significant changes in LR and RC later on. The games in the 30's are generally considered to be harder than the games in the 40's and should DEFINITELY be done. When it comes to games you want to do as many as you can get your hands on.

When I finally started doing and repeating as many games as I could is when I really started making my progress.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:52 am

LSpleaseee wrote:
99.9luft wrote:I find the 90s games harder than the 00s games. People do say a lot on TLS not to do old tests, but i think that relates to RC and LR more than it does to LG.

30's = 90's right?

When people on TLS say not to do old tests what they mean is "don't do old tests and think that your score on those tests is what your score will be on recent tests". There is a lot to learn when doing old tests, but you have to keep in mind that there are significant changes in LR and RC later on. The games in the 30's are generally considered to be harder than the games in the 40's and should DEFINITELY be done. When it comes to games you want to do as many as you can get your hands on.

When I finally started doing and repeating as many games as I could is when I really started making my progress.

PT 30 is Dec 99, so yes, late 90s-early 00s the games were hard. But not only. Some mid-90s games were hard. PT 16, 23, 25, 26 are hard. There is a whole thread somewhere here dedicated just to hard games.

I agree with re-doing the 90s games over and over. My last PTs were Superpreps A, B, C, and I went -2, -3, -3 on respective LGs from those tests. Have to re-do those before gameday until i get -0.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:02 am

99.9luft wrote:PT 30 is Dec 99, so yes, late 90s-early 00s the games were hard. But not only. Some mid-90s games were hard. PT 16, 23, 25, 26 are hard. There is a whole thread somewhere here dedicated just to hard games.

I agree with re-doing the 90s games over and over. My last PTs were Superpreps A, B, C, and I went -2, -3, -3 on respective LGs from those tests. Have to re-do those before gameday until i get -0.

Ohh, well I don't think there's anything wrong with doing games from 1-62 over and over. You never know what will come up and it's best to be as familiar as possible with them.

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:13 am

LSpleaseee wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:thanks!

and just to throw in one more piece of advice, if you don't feel ready, postpone! But keep studying, don't just take a bunch of time off and put yourself in the same position you are now.

Yeah, i'm considering it, since my gpa is going to be sub 25th for my top and pretty much only choice. But postponing, means waiting 2+ years to retake, since i am going to a country that I'm pretty sure doesn't offer the lsat. it will be a trade off but i think hitting my target score will be better than having a crappy score and my target score. At any rate, I think I thought things would take less time to click. Still have a month though.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:15 am

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:Yeah, i'm considering it, since my gpa is going to be sub 25th for my top and pretty much only choice. But postponing, means waiting 2+ years to retake, since i am going to a country that I'm pretty sure doesn't offer the lsat. it will be a trade off but i think hitting my target score will be better than having a crappy score and my target score. At any rate, I think I thought things would take less time to click. Still have a month though.

You do still have a lot of time! If you aren't applying for 2 years then there is no rush to take it.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:21 am

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:

and just to throw in one more piece of advice, if you don't feel ready, postpone! But keep studying, don't just take a bunch of time off and put yourself in the same position you are now.

Yeah, i'm considering it, since my gpa is going to be sub 25th for my top and pretty much only choice. But postponing, means waiting 2+ years to retake, since i am going to a country that I'm pretty sure doesn't offer the lsat. it will be a trade off but i think hitting my target score will be better than having a crappy score and my target score. At any rate, I think I thought things would take less time to click. Still have a month though.

Dude, i wish i had 2+ years of potential LSAT study time. You can write a book on how to get a 180 if you study this whole time. Relax, study wherever you are, come back, take it here, and apply.

acadec

Postby acadec » Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 am

vissidarte27 wrote:I tried to work today, I really did. I did one section of LR but could NOT focus -- It was so bad that I actually played Angry Birds between problems.

Maybe tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow HAS to be better.

/frustration.

When you get like this, take a day off. You absolutely don't want to get burnt out, and the benefit of one unproductive day is not worth the risk. So watch some TV, maybe have a glass of wine, and try not to think too hard about logic games.

Postby 8675309 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:11 am

LSpleaseee wrote:
8675309 wrote:Just received my shipment from Amazon. PT 60 was in there and LSAC has a fresh new look on the covers, damnnnnn.

I've been redoing a lot of games and I was scared that I was just remembering answers and deductions and not really making progress. After doing a couple of timed sections and a PT (all with games I hadn't seen) and getting through all of the games and getting -3, -2 and -0 on them I think it has helped me A LOT.

You could do and re-do all the games in the 30's and save the more recent PT's for timed tests? This is essentially what I did.

Yeah that's a pretty good idea. I'm starting to realize what I did wrong for December and I used a shit load of test sections from those, kind of sucks. So far, the LGB has been awesome and I can't believe I went into a test without that.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:38 am

8675309 wrote:Yeah that's a pretty good idea. I'm starting to realize what I did wrong for December and I used a shit load of test sections from those, kind of sucks. So far, the LGB has been awesome and I can't believe I went into a test without that.

Re-do them! There are so many tests that I've seen before, but it was when I was still scoring in the low 50's. IMO, if you're not getting great scores on tests you've done before then you're still missing something.

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:43 am

99.9luft wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:

Dude, i wish i had 2+ years of potential LSAT study time. You can write a book on how to get a 180 if you study this whole time. Relax, study wherever you are, come back, take it here, and apply.

Yeah, I mean, I will be working and adjusting to a new place ( new language, culture, etc), but I guess I am slowly starting to realize I don't have to take it in Feb. Thoughts anyone on how a cancel looks? I'm guessing it is no big deal.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Jan 11, 2011 2:17 pm

either absence or 1 cancel is not a big deal. 2 cancels warrant an addendum.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:26 pm

PSA:

January 21 is the last day to reschedule the LSAT date via phone. There is a fee, i believe it's $68.00.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:29 pm

99.9luft wrote:PSA:

January 21 is the last day to reschedule the LSAT date via phone. There is a fee, i believe it's $68.00.

It's $35.00 (trust me I've paid it like 10 times... :oops: )

DarkPhantom

Postby DarkPhantom » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:42 pm

...sitting in the library....trying to memorize question types but i keep zoning out T_T...

Dammit! I wish I could slow time down!

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Last edited by 99.9luft on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:57 pm

99.9luft wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:

LOL WHAT! i was clearly ripped off in November and I literally called the LSAC an hour ago and she quoted smth along 68/71 bucks!

Jaykay you're right. $68 for test date change. $35 for a test center change. Either way it's a huge ripoff. I've paid them sooo much money and I haven't even applied to schools yet.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:00 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:

LOL WHAT! i was clearly ripped off in November and I literally called the LSAC an hour ago and she quoted smth along 68/71 bucks!

Jaykay you're right. $68 for test date change. $35 for a test center change. Either way it's a huge ripoff. I've paid them sooo much money and I haven't even applied to schools yet.

phew. It is a rip off. You know, just ask to waive the fee if you've paid it before (dont' know if this works or you will have to speak to a supervisor first). I will try to do it if I have to reschedule next time.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:02 pm

99.9luft wrote:phew. It is a rip off. You know, just ask to waive the fee if you've paid it before (dont' know if this works or you will have to speak to a supervisor first). I will try to do it if I have to reschedule next time.

I've paid 3 full LSAT's, a couple date changes and 9 million test center changes. I am not rescheduling, lol.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:04 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
99.9luft wrote:phew. It is a rip off. You know, just ask to waive the fee if you've paid it before (dont' know if this works or you will have to speak to a supervisor first). I will try to do it if I have to reschedule next time.

I've paid 3 full LSAT's, a couple date changes and 9 million test center changes. I am not rescheduling, lol.

haha, atta girl! that's the right mindset! you need to own this Feb test. Any PTs today?

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:15 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:

Why are you sitting for the Feb. test? I mean you're too late for this cycle anyway, why don't you just wait until June and study your ass of for those 5 months?

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:17 pm

naterj wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:

Why are you sitting for the Feb. test? I mean you're too late for this cycle anyway, why don't you just wait until June and study your ass of for those 5 months?

I think your comment is relevant to 80% of ppl ITT :D

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:21 pm

99.9luft wrote:
naterj wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:

I think your comment is relevant to 80% of ppl ITT :D

Well I could understand if it's the first time you're sitting for the test and you want June and October available for a retake but pleassee doesn't really have that option.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”