Are you ready for total DOMINATION?!! (Feb. 2011)

elibrarian

Re: The Slightly More Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Postby elibrarian » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:34 pm

So, after studying and doing several 4 section PTs and scoring in the 170s I just started 5 section PTs and noticed a slight dip in my score. Have only done two so far and while the second one saw a point gained, just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with this? Am shooting for a 175+ for February test. Thanks!

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:59 pm

Somebody help me find my motivation. I think I might have lost it somewhere. Like I lost one of my socks in the dryer the other day.

I need to study but I just don't wannaaaaaaaaa. *whine*

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:01 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:Somebody help me find my motivation. I think I might have lost it somewhere. Like I lost one of my socks in the dryer the other day.

I'm supposed to take my first test today and have been putting it off. Blah.

...in other words, my motivation is also lost.

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:06 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:Somebody help me find my motivation. I think I might have lost it somewhere. Like I lost one of my socks in the dryer the other day.

I'm supposed to take my first test today and have been putting it off. Blah.

...in other words, my motivation is also lost.

I'll take one if you do?

I don't know. I'm trying to think of things to say to motivate you, but I am failing.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:14 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:I'll take one if you do?

I don't know. I'm trying to think of things to say to motivate you, but I am failing.

:lol:

That's actually a good idea. We should both take one starting in like 20 minutes. Then report back when we're done.

ETA: I'm actually going to do it. You should too! :)

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:22 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:I'll take one if you do?

:lol:

That's actually a good idea. We should both take one starting in like 20 minutes. Then report back when we're done.

ETA: I'm actually going to do it. You should too! :)

Can't do it in twenty minutes -- working -- but I'll take one today and report back. :)

Good luck on yours! Which one are you taking?

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:28 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:Can't do it in twenty minutes -- working -- but I'll take one today and report back. :)

Good luck on yours! Which one are you taking?

I think I'm going to take June 2007 or PT 50. There are only a few PT's in the 50's that I haven't seen and I want one of these to be one of those. Since it's been like a month since I've done one I want it to be accurate.

UCSD1984

Postby UCSD1984 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:16 pm

I registered just to say "I'm in" on this thread. Neat, huh? Hey Vissidarte27, I'm also taking it in San Diego, best of luck to you all. You're all going to do fantastic, trust me =)

akak179

Postby akak179 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:49 pm

hey guys, checking in, starting my powerscore course today, hoping to improve on my 163 from last june. Good progress from what I am reading, Good luck to us all on the dreaded february LSAT!

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:57 pm

PT 50

RC: -2
LR: -4
LG: -3

Raw score of 87. Scaled score of 167!!!

So so excited right now :mrgreen: and really really hoping that this continues.

ETA: welcome UCSD1984 and akak179!

UCSD1984

Postby UCSD1984 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:29 pm

Lsplease, nicely done! Keep it up, you'll do great.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:33 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:PT 50

RC: -2
LG: -3

Raw score of 87. Scaled score of 167!!!

So so excited right now :mrgreen: and really really hoping that this continues.

ETA: welcome UCSD1984 and akak179!

Well-done, that was not an easy test! according to my records, i got a 164 in sept. on PT50. Can't wait to re-take it (but stuck in the 30s now :( )

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:45 pm

UCSD1984 wrote:Lsplease, nicely done! Keep it up, you'll do great.

99.9luft wrote:Well-done, that was not an easy test! according to my records, i got a 164 in sept. on PT50. Can't wait to re-take it (but stuck in the 30s now :( )

I was hoping that nobody would be like "oh that test was easy". Are you just taking the tests in order till you get to the more recent ones? and what score are you shooting for?

I'm not really shooting for a specific score but I'd love a mid to high 160's score to offset my 155 from October.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Mon Jan 10, 2011 9:56 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
UCSD1984 wrote:Lsplease, nicely done! Keep it up, you'll do great.

99.9luft wrote:Well-done, that was not an easy test! according to my records, i got a 164 in sept. on PT50. Can't wait to re-take it (but stuck in the 30s now :( )

I was hoping that nobody would be like "oh that test was easy". Are you just taking the tests in order till you get to the more recent ones? and what score are you shooting for?

I'm not really shooting for a specific score but I'd love a mid to high 160's score to offset my 155 from October.

I have to offset a 158 from Oct. Shooting for a 170+ (172+ to be completely happy). If i don't score consistently in the 170s this month, there is no point for me to take the Feb test (in which case I'm doing June). The least amount wrong i've ever gotten on any PT test was -8. Currently reading the LGB, so i don't miss -2 like i usually do on average. My RC still sucks, so i can't be confident until i fix that too. Yes, currently I am doing random LR and games from the 90s. Will re-start PTing (PT32-62) in the next couple of days.

Edited to add the link: here is my study log, btw: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=140150

What about you? Just PTing? Also, even though you said you are not shooting for a specific score, do shoot for a higher goal, so you become more anal and strive for more focus on this test.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:19 pm

99.9luft wrote:I have to offset a 158 from Oct. Shooting for a 170+ (172+ to be completely happy). If i don't score consistently in the 170s this month, there is no point for me to take the Feb test (in which case I'm doing June). The least amount wrong i've ever gotten on any PT test was -8. Currently reading the LGB, so i don't miss -2 like i usually do on average. My RC still sucks, so i can't be confident until i fix that too. Yes, currently I am doing random LR and games from the 90s. Will re-start PTing (PT32-62) in the next couple of days.

Edited to add the link: here is my study log, btw: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=140150

What about you? Just PTing? Also, even though you said you are not shooting for a specific score, do shoot for a higher goal, so you become more anal and strive for more focus on this test.

Well, after I took October I stopped studying until I got my score. Then started just taking PT's because I was planning on taking December. Changed my mind about December and finally was like I NEED A STUDY PLAN.

So the amazing Eugenie Danglars (a poster here on TLS.) helped me SO MUCH by making me a study guide that planned each day for me. She also threw in her own LG and RC tips which have been so so helpful. Especially the LG. I made it through all of the games today (games I had never done!) which is freaking amazing for me.

So anyway, for the past month I have been working a lot on section work (LG I've been doing games and then repeating them) and today was my first PT. As PT review I'll be going through and writing explanations for every question I've missed.

I am of course shooting for the highest score possible but I do want to stay realistic so as not to be disappointed with a good score. If I keep PTing in this range I will feel more comfortable saying that I'm hoping for a different score. (I guess I'm shooting for "as high as possible" but trying not to get my hopes up at the same time haha).

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:24 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
99.9luft wrote:I have to offset a 158 from Oct. Shooting for a 170+ (172+ to be completely happy). If i don't score consistently in the 170s this month, there is no point for me to take the Feb test (in which case I'm doing June). The least amount wrong i've ever gotten on any PT test was -8. Currently reading the LGB, so i don't miss -2 like i usually do on average. My RC still sucks, so i can't be confident until i fix that too. Yes, currently I am doing random LR and games from the 90s. Will re-start PTing (PT32-62) in the next couple of days.

Well, after I took October I stopped studying until I got my score. Then started just taking PT's because I was planning on taking December. Changed my mind about December and finally was like I NEED A STUDY PLAN.

So the amazing Eugenie Danglars (a poster here on TLS.) helped me SO MUCH by making me a study guide that planned each day for me. She also threw in her own LG and RC tips which have been so so helpful. Especially the LG. I made it through all of the games today (games I had never done!) which is freaking amazing for me.

So anyway, for the past month I have been working a lot on section work (LG I've been doing games and then repeating them) and today was my first PT. As PT review I'll be going through and writing explanations for every question I've missed.

I am of course shooting for the highest score possible but I do want to stay realistic so as not to be disappointed with a good score. If I keep PTing in this range I will feel more comfortable saying that I'm hoping for a different score. (I guess I'm shooting for "as high as possible" but trying not to get my hopes up at the same time haha).

Care to share those lg tips? I'm taking in feb, and starting to think about postponing, since my pt scores just aren't high enough.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:31 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:

Tell me about it. I stopped studying until i found out my Oct score. Then a 2 week-long depression ensued, and with a month to go until Dec, I couldn't see myself improving to study. The winter holidays didn't let me study either. Now, finally, resuming.

That is awfully nice of Eugenie :) and great to hear that you've made progress on the games. I plan to cut out the questions i do wrong and them reviewing them in the 2 weeks before the exam. But writing out why you missed it is also a good method (i'm too lazy to do that, though, haha). Don't worry about getting the hopes up, in fact, don't worry about where you are scoring or even timing. Just get the answers right and know why you get them right and wrong.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 10:33 pm

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:Care to share those lg tips? I'm taking in feb, and starting to think about postponing, since my pt scores just aren't high enough.

Here's Eugenie's thread about how she raised her scores (she's a three LSAT success story): viewtopic.php?f=6&t=140092

LG has basically been a PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE thing for me. At first, I really didn't get LG, I would just look at games and not know what to do. I used the LG bible and the Blueprint strategy (which are very very similar) and just took what worked for me from each of them. Then Eugenie made my study guide and told me to make copies of all the games from 28-45 or so. Then I would do games from 28-30 on Monday, 31-32 on Tuesday, 28-30 again on Wednesday, 31-32 again on Thursday etc. When I did the games I timed myself for each of them, but instead of setting a countdown timer I would set it to count up and keep going until I finished. I wrote how much time they took me at the top of each game to keep track.

ETA: 9.99, I know, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to review so I'm hoping that making myself write everything out will help me. I've already started doing that with the RC sections that I have been doing and I think it has been helping. I was REALLY lazy with review before October so I need to fix that this time around.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:12 pm

posting ITT makes me feel productive.

Revolver066

Postby Revolver066 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:29 pm

after 4 months of study for Dec, I'm just doing about an hour (two timed sections) a day for a while. Most of my mistakes are just careless (instead of not understanding the material, etc), so basically I think I'm as good as I'm going to get. I just rushed it a bit and got -8 during LG which is the worst I've ever done. Think I just need to slow down and focus more on test day.

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:32 pm

I tried to work today, I really did. I did one section of LR but could NOT focus -- It was so bad that I actually played Angry Birds between problems.

Maybe tomorrow will be better. Tomorrow HAS to be better.

/frustration.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:41 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:I tried to work today, I really did. I did one section of LR but could NOT focus -- It was so bad that I actually played Angry Birds between problems.

/frustration.

It will be better! You can do it Vissi.

xyzzzzzzzz

Postby xyzzzzzzzz » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:45 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
xyzzzzzzzz wrote:Care to share those lg tips? I'm taking in feb, and starting to think about postponing, since my pt scores just aren't high enough.

Here's Eugenie's thread about how she raised her scores (she's a three LSAT success story): http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 6&t=140092

LG has basically been a PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE thing for me. At first, I really didn't get LG, I would just look at games and not know what to do. I used the LG bible and the Blueprint strategy (which are very very similar) and just took what worked for me from each of them. Then Eugenie made my study guide and told me to make copies of all the games from 28-45 or so. Then I would do games from 28-30 on Monday, 31-32 on Tuesday, 28-30 again on Wednesday, 31-32 again on Thursday etc. When I did the games I timed myself for each of them, but instead of setting a countdown timer I would set it to count up and keep going until I finished. I wrote how much time they took me at the top of each game to keep track.

ETA: 9.99, I know, I'm pretty lazy when it comes to review so I'm hoping that making myself write everything out will help me. I've already started doing that with the RC sections that I have been doing and I think it has been helping. I was REALLY lazy with review before October so I need to fix that this time around.

thanks!

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Jan 10, 2011 11:52 pm

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:thanks!

and just to throw in one more piece of advice, if you don't feel ready, postpone! But keep studying, don't just take a bunch of time off and put yourself in the same position you are now.

99.9luft

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:07 am

vissidarte27 wrote:I tried to work today, I really did. I did one section of LR but could NOT focus -- It was so bad that I actually played Angry Birds between problems.

/frustration.

i was addicted to Angry Birds last year. Passed all the levels but wanted to get 3 stars in each. then realized i need to stop and uninstalled it....and that's how i won the battle over my dependency.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”