Are you ready for total DOMINATION?!! (Feb. 2011) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
99.9luft

Silver

Re: The Slightly More Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Post by 99.9luft » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:26 pm

acadec wrote:179 on my first PT in 3 months. Ooh-rah.
epic.

Ginj

Silver

Post by Ginj » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:18 am

greenchair wrote:
Ginj wrote:Taking PT 61 today after two months of solid studying and then one month of "Meh."

...scared...
What are you gonna do for the next six weeks??!
I still have a lot of 50's to do. I plan on finishing up with PT 62.

By the way, got a 165. The LR killed me. *sigh*

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Took PT 37 last night (untimed for accuracy, though I don't think I exceeded time by much, if at all) and got a raw score of 93 for a scaled score of 172. Not too shabby -- I think I'm finally starting to crack the 169 barrier that I've been stuck at these last couple of weeks. My LR is definitely improving (-2 and -3 respectively on the two sections) and I would have score a little bit higher had I not missed a LG question due to misreading a rule. The RC kicked my butt, though, which was surprising as RC has never given me much trouble.

Today, I'm retaking PT 33, which I originally took in November. Still working to improve accuracy, though I may keep an eye on the time just to see where I land. I plan on starting five-section, strictly timed PTs in a week or so.

How is everyone else doing? What are your study plans like?

emoryfan

New

Post by emoryfan » Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:11 pm

To be clear, I own the Blueprint full length LSAT books, the full length Testmasters180 books, and the full length Powerscore books. In the end, I am unsure about which system to trust. Above all else, I own the Powerscore Bibles, the Deconstructed series, and moreover, the Powerscore Training Type Trilogy.

I have gone through the Testmasters180 books and the Powerscore Bibles. Clearly, then, I should expect a 160, at the very least.

What is more, I do indeed plan on taking the February LSAT.

If indeed I own all of these books, then, in my case, what should my study plan be?

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:21 pm

emoryfan wrote:To be clear, I own the Blueprint full length LSAT books, the full length Testmasters180 books, and the full length Powerscore books. In the end, I am unsure about which system to trust. Above all else, I own the Powerscore Bibles, the Deconstructed series, and moreover, the Powerscore Training Type Trilogy.

I have gone through the Testmasters180 books and the Powerscore Bibles. Clearly, then, I should expect a 160, at the very least.

What is more, I do indeed plan on taking the February LSAT.

If indeed I own all of these books, then, in my case, what should my study plan be?
Owning the books isn't going to get you any score. You need to learn the methods (you can mix and match the different methods but make sure you stick to whatever you pick or else it just gets confusing) and then apply them. Then practice practice practice.

Aside from all the books you own you need to purchase a bunch of practice tests because that's the most important part. If you haven't started studying yet I recommend postponing to June.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Thu Jan 06, 2011 8:48 pm

I'm in.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:29 pm

My RC drives me nuts. It's usually at like -3 or -4. Today I took 2 sections and got -5 and -9.

Why do I occasionally (including in October) forget how to read?! :cry:

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:09 am

LSpleaseee wrote:My RC drives me nuts. It's usually at like -3 or -4. Today I took 2 sections and got -5 and -9.

Joining the RC sufferers club. Just got -9 on an RC. Should have done it in the morning, but whatever.

acadec

Bronze

Post by acadec » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:19 am

Seriously. I was -3 on the other three sections combined in Oct 10, but got -6 in RC.

On a lighter note, 101/101 on PT 20 today. Really feeling it this time.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:24 am

99.9luft wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:My RC drives me nuts. It's usually at like -3 or -4. Today I took 2 sections and got -5 and -9.

Joining the RC sufferers club. Just got -9 on an RC. Should have done it in the morning, but whatever.
It's really unnerving for me because it's generally my best section (very disappointing 155 in October and I'm now in the low 160's hoping for mid 160's) but all of a sudden it isn't. I need some consistency because it's what holds my PT scores together!

Congrats on that score acadec!

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:31 am

way to go, acadec. i think i'd take a week vacation if i ever had a perfect test (regardless it being from the 90s or 00s)

all i know, i ain't taking Feb by not having fixed my RC. Got a 158 from Oct and unless i'm scoring in the 170s consistently this month, June it is.

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:49 am

Took PT38 today, timed. Only my second strictly-timed PT ever (not counting my diagnostic), so I'm pretty pleased with my 168, although I'm kicking myself for misreading/writing down a rule backwards in LG that cost me five whole points. I would've had a perfect LG score had I not done that. Idiot. Also missed a couple more RC than usual because I felt rushed because of the time limit but I think that'll improve as I get comfortable with taking timed tests.

It broke down as:
LR1: -2 :mrgreen:
LG: -5 :evil:
RC: -4 :|
LR2: -3 :D

Anyway, I feel like I'm in a pretty good position for hitting 170 next month. I've taken 11 PTs so far (starting in November with a 157 diagnostic) and I have something like 20 left to go before February 12 (all of the recent ones).

Does anybody else think that this is kind of fun? I'm really, really enjoying studying for the LSAT. When it's not driving me crazy. But mostly, I think it's fun.

I wonder if that makes me lame.

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:55 am

vissidarte27 wrote:Took PT38 today, timed. Only my second strictly-timed PT ever (not counting my diagnostic), so I'm pretty pleased with my 168, although I'm kicking myself for misreading/writing down a rule backwards in LG that cost me five whole points. I would've had a perfect LG score had I not done that. Idiot. Also missed a couple more RC than usual because I felt rushed because of the time limit but I think that'll improve as I get comfortable with taking timed tests.

It broke down as:
LR1: -2 :mrgreen:
LG: -5 :evil:
RC: -4 :|
LR2: -3 :D

Anyway, I feel like I'm in a pretty good position for hitting 170 next month. I've taken 11 PTs so far (starting in November with a 157 diagnostic) and I have something like 20 left to go before February 12 (all of the recent ones).

Does anybody else think that this is kind of fun? I'm really, really enjoying studying for the LSAT. When it's not driving me crazy. But mostly, I think it's fun.

I wonder if that makes me lame.
Oh, it's definitely fun. Except when you get a terrible score. An average or a good score entice you to play on (like an addicting old school video game). I especially enjoy plugging my scores into an excel spreadsheet i created and watch the graph go strictly up.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

acadec

Bronze

Post by acadec » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:57 am

I have fun with four sections. Five always feels like way too much, especially if the fifth is RC.

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:04 am

acadec wrote:I have fun with four sections. Five always feels like way too much, especially if the fifth is RC.
yeah. i am going to start doing the experimental section as RC and do it first. I don't decrease in performance as the test progresses, but quite the opposite - my brain speeds up.

New

Post by 8675309 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:12 am

Well I've come to join the fun. After epically bombing Decembers, I am on to 4 weeks of studying 40 hours a weeks, if not more.

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:13 am

Five sections don't bother me all that much, although I have one helluva headache afterwards. My "experimental" section for today's test was LR and I missed 2, which makes me happy. I've been focusing on LR because it's been my weakest section by a landslide. Before I started reading the Bible, I was missing anywhere from 5 to 8 per LR section, and these last two or three PTs have been -2 or -3.

I wonder if an RC experimental would try my stamina more than an experimental LR or LG. I find RC tedious, but never all that difficult.

I'm thinking about doing three LR sections in a row just to see how it would affect my performance, but it's pretty unlikely I'd see that kind of configuration on the actual test, yeah?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:19 am

vissidarte27 wrote:Five sections don't bother me all that much, although I have one helluva headache afterwards. My "experimental" section for today's test was LR and I missed 2, which makes me happy. I've been focusing on LR because it's been my weakest section by a landslide. Before I started reading the Bible, I was missing anywhere from 5 to 8 per LR section, and these last two or three PTs have been -2 or -3.

I wonder if an RC experimental would try my stamina more than an experimental LR or LG. I find RC tedious, but never all that difficult.

I'm thinking about doing three LR sections in a row just to see how it would affect my performance, but it's pretty unlikely I'd see that kind of configuration on the actual test, yeah?
In sept i had RC LR LR LG LR and let me tell you, i did worse on LR than i've ever done on any PT. So even though you aren't likely to see LR LR LR, doing two LRs in a row is a good idea if it was your weakest section.

Yeah, RC exhausts me much more than LR (more info, perhaps?)

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:22 am

In October I had LR RC RC LR LG. That second RC section came as a huge surprise and having them back to back did not help at all.

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:24 am

Good luck to all you December retakers. I hope you all exceed your target scores.

ps. No chance your waiting thread is going to be as cool as Dec, but you should still try.

mbbaccg

New

Post by mbbaccg » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:10 pm

kkklick wrote:I don't know how you guys are going to be able to deal with a non-disclosed test, it would drive me nuts not knowing where I messed up.
The only reason I am signing up for the non-disclosed test is because I do not want to wait until June. WTF is there no test available in March...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

mbbaccg

New

Post by mbbaccg » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:19 pm

8675309 wrote:Well I've come to join the fun. After epically bombing Decembers, I am on to 4 weeks of studying 40 hours a weeks, if not more.
I am joining you in the "epic bomb of December" club with my 151. Ouch.

acadec

Bronze

Post by acadec » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:20 am

mbbaccg wrote:
kkklick wrote:I don't know how you guys are going to be able to deal with a non-disclosed test, it would drive me nuts not knowing where I messed up.
The only reason I am signing up for the non-disclosed test is because I do not want to wait until June. WTF is there no test available in March...
Let's just all agree to not mess up at all and it won't be an issue.

mintless

New

Post by mintless » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:27 am

Former lurker, love the board, so here I am now! Took the test for the first time in October, was PTing between 165 and 168 but made a huge mistake on the RC and got a 162. The morning of the test I took a practice RC because it is normally my best section and I figured I could use the confidence boost. I went -0 and went in to the test feeling great. Got hung up on the tooth decay section and had to blind guess on questions frm both that passage and the author one. I went -8! If that hadn't happened I would have had a 167 and been alright with it. Shooting for a 170 now that I've got more time to practice, I only studied for ten days before the first one so hopefully I can improve this time. I'm a Texas resident REALLY reaching by applying to UT and a little more confidently aiming for Pepperdine. Currenty 162/3.52. We'll see, Texas might not let me in even if I had hit 167.

New

Post by 8675309 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:56 am

So... when they say undisclosed, does that mean we just get the score and the percentile? Or do they give us our raw score and a conversion chart too?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”