Are you ready for total DOMINATION?!! (Feb. 2011) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Pleasye

Platinum

Re: The Slightly More Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Post by Pleasye » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:56 am

Alpine wrote:Well, I hope the LG practice comes in leaps and bounds. I struggle with LR because I will go from -1 to -10, depending on the test. It is quite frustrating, which is why I don't like it.
Thanks :D. My LR was suuuucky but it started coming along slowly. I really hope that improving my LG and LR and NOT bombing RC this time around will improve my score significantly.

That's weird. Have you been able to pinpoint certain weaknesses or does it just vary?

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:37 pm

i have a feeling the other thread still looks slightly more official than this one. people searching for it would post there because of post count alone.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:37 pm

99.9luft wrote:i have a feeling the other thread still looks slightly more official than this one. people searching for it would post there because of post count alone.
I know. I keep trying to refer everyone to this one but it's not working! :(

We should change the title of this one to something more snazzy and everyone keep linking to this one. Explain that we are trying to start off on a better foot than the other one (the other one STILL has weird fighting going on in it!).

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:39 pm

I agree. lima in xmas lights = cute idea, haha

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:41 pm

99.9luft wrote:I agree. lima in xmas lights = cute idea, haha
Thank you! I tried to give her a Santa hat but when I resized the pic to make her my 'tar I had to cut out the top part of her head so the hat was just not working out. I don't want her to be a floating head haha.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Dec 24, 2010 5:47 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
99.9luft wrote:I agree. lima in xmas lights = cute idea, haha
Thank you! I tried to give her a Santa hat but when I resized the pic to make her my 'tar I had to cut out the top part of her head so the hat was just not working out. I don't want her to be a floating head haha.
haha, hey at least you know how to do that...i suck at photoshop. I used to like Lima years ago. Then preferred Ambrosio (has a more sophisticated face, IMO). Now I think Aishwarya Rai is the prettiest.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:03 pm

99.9luft wrote:haha, hey at least you know how to do that...i suck at photoshop. I used to like Lima years ago. Then preferred Ambrosio (has a more sophisticated face, IMO). Now I think Aishwarya Rai is the prettiest.
I cheated and used picnik because I don't have Photoshop on my computer. It's a VERY easy program to use, google it! Adriana is the BEST, no contest haha.

and to be more on topic, anyone finding it REALLY hard to study with the excitement of Christmas/buying presents/ getting presents tonight or tomorrow? I am, it's horrible. I HAVE to sit down and do something today.

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:06 pm

picnic...good to know, thanks. being on TLS is proof of my failure to study. But the day's still young...

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:07 pm

an idea: let's post constantly ITT so that it has more post counts than the official one, and the let's rename this one 'FEBRUARY DOMINATION' like they had for december.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:08 pm

99.9luft wrote:picnic...good to know, thanks. being on TLS is proof of my failure to study. But the day's still young...
Picnik with a k at the end! I promise I know how to spell the actual word :wink:

ETA: let's name it something different than December but I'm down for a name change

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:13 pm

Has to 'start' with an 'F' .... February Fury or Fierceness or Force

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:17 pm

99.9luft wrote:Has to 'start' with an 'F' .... February Fury or Fierceness or Force
Good call. Fierceness sounds like we're joining a catwalk competition in February though.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:29 am

Hello LSAT thread. How's everyone's studying going?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:09 am

stagnated. digesting yummy food is going exceptionally well, though.

Ragged

Silver

Post by Ragged » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:12 am

You guys should start a "predict your LSAT score thread". That's usually fun.

99.9luft wrote:stagnated. digesting yummy food is going exceptionally well, though.
I like you tar man. :mrgreen:

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:30 am

thanks, brotha man. I, too, love seeing vieja senora all lit up :)

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:33 am

I'm about halfway through the LR Bible and I think it's helpful? Not really sure, at this point, and probably won't know until I finish it an take a PT using some of their methods.

Honestly, I'm feeling both overwhelmed and nonchalant at the same time. How does that work?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:49 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:I'm about halfway through the LR Bible and I think it's helpful? Not really sure, at this point, and probably won't know until I finish it an take a PT using some of their methods.

Honestly, I'm feeling both overwhelmed and nonchalant at the same time. How does that work?
after taking a BP class, the LRB/LRG were completely useless in terms of strategy. PTing is helping me more.
know the overwhelmed-nonchalant (overwhalant?) feeling. Force yourself to read it like you're an Egyptologist who discovered an ancient scroll; that should incentivise your curiosity while simultaneously suppressing the feeling above.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:14 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:I'm about halfway through the LR Bible and I think it's helpful? Not really sure, at this point, and probably won't know until I finish it an take a PT using some of their methods.

I'm sure it will be helpful! When do you start PTs?

I'm feeling the same way :|. I think it's because the test is now a little over a month away but it also seems really far away because it's not till "next year" haha.

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:22 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:

I'm sure it will be helpful! When do you start PTs?

I'm feeling the same way :|. I think it's because the test is now a little over a month away but it also seems really far away because it's not till "next year" haha.
I started PTs in November and was scoring a little under my goal because there's a pretty vast disparity between my LR sections and my other sections (-6 or so per LR section vs -0 or -1 for LG and -2 or -3 for RC). So I bought the LR Bible in hopes to fix my LR and start scoring consistently in the 170s instead of the 168 or 169 that I was averaging.

I'm giving myself another two weeks to finish the LR Bible and to do some untimed PTs in which I really focus on LR and the things that I've gotten from the Bible, and then I'll restart timed PTs about a month before the test.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:26 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:I started PTs in November and was scoring a little under my goal because there's a pretty vast disparity between my LR sections and my other sections (-6 or so per LR section vs -0 or -1 for LG and -2 or -3 for RC). So I bought the LR Bible in hopes to fix my LR and start scoring consistently in the 170s instead of the 168 or 169 that I was averaging.

I'm giving myself another two weeks to finish the LR Bible and to do some untimed PTs in which I really focus on LR and the things that I've gotten from the Bible, and then I'll restart timed PTs about a month before the test.
I've been doing a lot of section work and untimed (eh, kind of untimed) LG to try to get my accuracy down. So far it doesn't look like I'll ever get to a -0 on LG :( , but hopefully I will have improved some. I'd love to be in the 168 range, that would be a dream come true. I think you'll definitely see an improvement in LR after going through the bible.

I just need to stay focused on all of this section work so that I will actually see improvement when I start PTs again. It's hard when I'm not seeing a score in front of me telling me how much I've improved.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:46 pm

LSpleaseee wrote: I just need to stay focused on all of this section work so that I will actually see improvement when I start PTs again. It's hard when I'm not seeing a score in front of me telling me how much I've improved.
Yeah, that's the issue I'm having. I want to just jump back into PTs, but I know that I need to do more focused work first, and I'm really trying to be patient. Sadly, patience is one of those virtues that I lack. But I am trying.

My dream school is UVA for about a million reasons, and I plan on applying ED the first day that apps become available, but I need a high LSAT to counterbalance my low (3.2) GPA. I think I'm capable -- my highest PT thus far (untimed, admittedly) was 174. If I can consistently PT around there, I think I'll be okay, even if I drop a couple of points on the real thing. I'm practicing so that I have a little bit of a buffer, you know?

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:49 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:Yeah, that's the issue I'm having. I want to just jump back into PTs, but I know that I need to do more focused work first, and I'm really trying to be patient. Sadly, patience is one of those virtues that I lack. But I am trying.

My dream school is UVA for about a million reasons, and I plan on applying ED the first day that apps become available, but I need a high LSAT to counterbalance my low (3.2) GPA. I think I'm capable -- my highest PT thus far (untimed, admittedly) was 174. If I can consistently PT around there, I think I'll be okay, even if I drop a couple of points on the real thing. I'm practicing so that I have a little bit of a buffer, you know?
We're having the same patience problem haha :). I think you can definitely get to PTing around there!

I really want to be PTing relatively high before the test because in October I was PTing right around where I wanted to be at the time (which is lower than I'm hoping for now) and I scored at the low end of my range. HOPEFULLY that doesn't happen again but hopefully the low end of my range will be a more acceptable score for me this time around. We'll seeeee.

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:39 am

LSpleaseee wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:Yeah, that's the issue I'm having. I want to just jump back into PTs, but I know that I need to do more focused work first, and I'm really trying to be patient. Sadly, patience is one of those virtues that I lack. But I am trying.

We're having the same patience problem haha :). I think you can definitely get to PTing around there!

I really want to be PTing relatively high before the test because in October I was PTing right around where I wanted to be at the time (which is lower than I'm hoping for now) and I scored at the low end of my range. HOPEFULLY that doesn't happen again but hopefully the low end of my range will be a more acceptable score for me this time around. We'll seeeee.
Well. I failed at avoiding the PTs.

Took one tonight, mostly untimed. Got a raw score of 91, with a scaled score of 169 (nasty -9 curve). Didn't do too poorly on the LR, so I think the Bible might be helping. Missed 3 on the LG, which is unusual for me (there was one game that kicked my butt) and brought my score down considerably.

No more PTs till I finish the LR Bible and review a couple of LGs.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:53 am

vissidarte27 wrote:Well. I failed at avoiding the PTs.

Took one tonight, mostly untimed. Got a raw score of 91, with a scaled score of 169 (nasty -9 curve). Didn't do too poorly on the LR, so I think the Bible might be helping. Missed 3 on the LG, which is unusual for me (there was one game that kicked my butt) and brought my score down considerably.

No more PTs till I finish the LR Bible and review a couple of LGs.
Fail! It's okay, taking a PT is still helpful and won't hurt :). Which one did you take?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”