Are you ready for total DOMINATION?!! (Feb. 2011) Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
akak179

New

Re: The Slightly More Official February 2011 LSAT Thread

Post by akak179 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:41 pm

First PT since June, scored a 162. A little dissapointed but timing was def an issue, had to guess wihtout reading on last 5 of first LR section (usually finish with about a minute to spare), and 4 on LG. Hoping that getting back into the swing of taking Pt's coupled with the powerscore course im taking can push me up in the higher 160's come test day.

DarkPhantom

Bronze

Post by DarkPhantom » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:00 pm

I'd be extremely happy if I made a 160+ on my diag PT...i'm hoping i'll land there soon enough...

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:03 pm

DarkPhantom wrote:I'd be extremely happy if I made a 160+ on my diag PT...i'm hoping i'll land there soon enough...
You will, don't worry. For me this test is 30% theory, 70% practice.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:14 pm

naterj wrote:Why are you sitting for the Feb. test? I mean you're too late for this cycle anyway, why don't you just wait until June and study your ass of for those 5 months?
I'm not applying this cycle I'm definitely applying the next one. However, I have been studying hard since I got my October score and if I were to reschedule for June I would stop studying right now (I know myself...) and would be in the same position as I am now AND be rusty.

<3

xyzzzzzzzz

Bronze

Post by xyzzzzzzzz » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:14 pm

found out I can probably take the lsat where i am going- this changes things.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:17 pm

How many PT's did you guys take so far?

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Jan 12, 2011 4:19 pm

xyzzzzzzzz wrote:found out I can probably take the lsat where i am going- this changes things.
Yeah, but all this means is that you don't have to wait as long as you thought you were going to. I would say postpone February to another date and then keep studying until that date. There's still no need to take it in February (and since you can take it sooner than 2 years from now I would say don't take the cancel).

acadec

Bronze

Post by acadec » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:52 pm

Miracle wrote:How many PT's did you guys take so far?
Three for February; probably did about 15 before last October.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Jan 12, 2011 5:54 pm

15 before October and 1 so far this week for February. I'm going to be taking about 2 a week until the test.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:09 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
15 before October and 1 so far this week for February. I'm going to be taking about 2 a week until the test.
Really?

I'm doing 2 every day for 2.5 weeks! and then 1 per day.

I already took LSAT, and scored well, 170+ but not good enough for me. I'm a splitter, and need every point i can get!

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:30 pm

Miracle wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:
Really?

I already took LSAT, and scored well, 170+ but not good enough for me. I'm a splitter, and need every point i can get!
don't know how you can do 2 per day without your brain numbing after one test. You must allow for a 3-5 hour window between tests, no?

anyone doing 5-section PTs (using 5th as experimental)?

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:25 pm

99.9luft wrote:
Miracle wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:
Really?

don't know how you can do 2 per day without your brain numbing after one test. You must allow for a 3-5 hour window between tests, no?

anyone doing 5-section PTs (using 5th as experimental)?
I take one in the morning 7-11 and then one in the evening 6-10 and go to sleep, and then i repeat the process!

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:28 pm

Miracle wrote:I take one in the morning 7-11 and then one in the evening 6-10 and go to sleep, and then i repeat the process!
I don't think I could even bring myself to do two tests in a day, especially every day. I don't think it would help me because I'd just want it to be over and probably start guessing on questions or something haha. If that helps you though then that's what you should do!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:30 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
Miracle wrote:I take one in the morning 7-11 and then one in the evening 6-10 and go to sleep, and then i repeat the process!
I don't think I could even bring myself to do two tests in a day, especially every day. I don't think it would help me because I'd just want it to be over and probably start guessing on questions or something haha. If that helps you though then that's what you should do!
I use to be like that...but i am very persistent and it helps! i do love LSAT! I use to do one a day, and i would be bored. I couldn't wait to do another one lol! I don't work though so all i do is study!

But i do think you guys should increase to at least one test per day. It will help you. If you start today you can take 29-30 tests until the test day! :)

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:35 pm

Miracle wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:
I use to be like that...but i am very persistent and it helps! i do love LSAT! I use to do one a day, and i would be bored. I couldn't wait to do another one lol! I don't work though so all i do is study!

But i do think you guys should increase to at least one test per day. It will help you. If you start today you can take 29-30 tests until the test day! :)
where are you scoring in your PTs so far? my main problem is that i don't wanna take this test if i am not hitting 170+ consistently in my PTs.

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:38 pm

Miracle wrote:I use to be like that...but i am very persistent and it helps! i do love LSAT! I use to do one a day, and i would be bored. I couldn't wait to do another one lol! I don't work though so all i do is study!

I'm leaving days in between my tests in order to review them and to do other things (sections, work on games, review LRB and LGB). I will possibly start taking more than 2 a week a couple weeks before the test.

9.99, I'm not taking 5 section tests yet but I will start doing that soon.

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:42 pm

99.9luft wrote:
Miracle wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:

where are you scoring in your PTs so far? my main problem is that i don't wanna take this test if i am not hitting 170+ consistently in my PTs.
I already have 170+, but I would like 175+...

If you're not testing in 170 range right now, then you need t increase your PT's. Taking 1-2-3 Pt's a week is not going to help you if you plan on sitting for February exam. I thing you should avoid at all cost waiting till last week to take 2+ tests per day! That's a no no! My PT's end on the Monday before the test. You should start with 2 PT's now, and work your way to the February exam

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:44 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
Miracle wrote:I use to be like that...but i am very persistent and it helps! i do love LSAT! I use to do one a day, and i would be bored. I couldn't wait to do another one lol! I don't work though so all i do is study!

I'm leaving days in between my tests in order to review them and to do other things (sections, work on games, review LRB and LGB). I will possibly start taking more than 2 a week a couple weeks before the test.

I think leaving days between tests is a good idea if you review the tests's correct+incorrect questions. Since I usually review only the incorrect ones, i am fine with doing "PT a day" but i used to do your day review in between too. I do 5-section tests if i take morning test. Right now, about to do a PT (afternoon test), so will just do 4 sections.

(btw, it's 99.9 -- shooting for that percentile, ya see ;) )

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:44 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:

I would be too scared to put that much pressure on my last weeks before the test!

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:46 pm

99.9luft wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:

I think leaving days between tests is a good idea if you review the tests's correct+incorrect questions. Since I usually review only the incorrect ones, i am fine with doing "PT a day" but i used to do your day review in between too. I do 5-section tests if i take morning test. Right now, about to do a PT (afternoon test), so will just do 4 sections.

So how are you going to decide if you're going to take the test in February if your not taking enough tests that will give you an accurate assessment. The deadline to change the test date is the 23rd?

Pleasye

Platinum

Post by Pleasye » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:48 pm

Miracle wrote:I would be too scared to put that much pressure on my last weeks before the test!
I appreciate your advice, but I have to do what I know works for me. I'm not going to do 2 tests a day because I wouldn't be able to get through them and I would just be wasting tests. I may do more than 2 PT's per week closer to the test because I know that when I do several PT's in a row (days in a row not PT's in one day) that helps me be more consistent.

Sorry 99.9, I know that's what it is but I still always want to write 9.99. I usually catch myself, but not that time :oops:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:49 pm

If you're not testing in 170 range right now, then you need t increase your PT's. Taking 1-2-3 Pt's a week is not going to help you if you plan on sitting for February exam. I thing you should avoid at all cost waiting till last week to take 2+ tests per day! That's a no no! My PT's end on the Monday before the test. You should start with 2 PT's now, and work your way to the February exam
Yeah, starting today, I am doing PT every day, and if i have time in the evening, may follow your advice to do another one (never tried it, so it may work). But as far as my tests - it's hard to motivate yourself to take another PT the day you get below your target range (below 170 for me, for instance). When that happens, i tend to think that i am missing smth and just review the test, promising to myself not to repeat a particular mistake....until i do smth dumb on the next test.

I know you got 170+, i was just curious as to how you maintain your confidence in days leading up to the test. If i were you, i would not take Feb if i were not scoring around 174-175 (a huge confidence boost). Is that how you mentally prepare yourself?

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:51 pm

Miracle wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:

So how are you going to decide if you're going to take the test in February if your not taking enough tests that will give you an accurate assessment. The deadline to change the test date is the 23rd?
You make a great point. I will base my decision on at least 10 PTs (and if i do 2 PTs a day, then more!) - which is a good indicator, i think, to know whether i should go for Feb or not. I hope to score in the 170s consistently in the next 10+ PTs

Miracle

Silver

Post by Miracle » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:54 pm

99.9luft wrote:

Yeah, starting today, I am doing PT every day, and if i have time in the evening, may follow your advice to do another one (never tried it, so it may work). But as far as my tests - it's hard to motivate yourself to take another PT the day you get below your target range (below 170 for me, for instance). When that happens, i tend to think that i am missing smth and just review the test, promising to myself not to repeat a particular mistake....until i do smth dumb on the next test.

I know you got 170+, i was just curious as to how you maintain your confidence in days leading up to the test. If i were you, i would not take Feb if i were not scoring around 174-175 (a huge confidence boost). Is that how you mentally prepare yourself?
My schedule is brutal though. All i do is, take the test, eat -review it..(how long does it take for you to review the test), go to the gym-lunch, watch tv etc and take another one...

One thing that helped me is staying away from the test at least 4 days before the test day, and visiting-taking an lsat at my official location.

UCSD1984

New

Post by UCSD1984 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:59 pm

Quick question for you all - When you first started doing Logic Games (for the first time say AFTER you figured out some diagramming strategies), did it take you about 15-20 minutes to complete 5-6 questions for an easy Game, and about 25-40 minutes to complete 5-6 questions for a more difficult game? I'm curious to know since now that I'm coming back to Logic Games, it's taking me quite a long time to finish just 1 game. It seems as though I'm ages away from completing a game in under 9 minutes. However, the bright side is I almost always get all the answers correctly (but I think anyone would if they were allowed that much time on one game).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”