erasing during the writing sample

amosa

erasing during the writing sample

Postby amosa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:38 am

I just noticed someone mention that erasing during the writing sample is a no no. (I actually remember the proctor saying something to this effect but was only half paying attention to her instructions as I was tired and not too worried about the writing sample.)

I did a fair bit of erasing in mine. Any thoughts on whether or not this could be a problem? Also, why are we advised to avoid erasing during the writing sample?

Thanks!

SchopenhauerFTW

Re: erasing during the writing sample

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:53 am

I think were advised to not erase simply because it makes the writing samples harder to read. I erased a whole bunch during the October writing sample and it came out looking fine on the copy LSAC provided me. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

romothesavior

Postby romothesavior » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:55 am

If you have to stop and erase, you will fail the writing sample, and likely get rejected from any school to which you apply.

So retake.

amosa

Postby amosa » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:59 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:I think were advised to not erase simply because it makes the writing samples harder to read. I erased a whole bunch during the October writing sample and it came out looking fine on the copy LSAC provided me. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Thanks!

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:54 am

I wish LSAC had put this on the instructions somewhere so I would have known about it BEFORE the test. Then I could have researched it, known it was lies, and gone bananas. I didn't make ONE erasure, despite needing to; I ended up striking things through instead.

Postby 2014 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:20 pm

You will probably notice it when you see your writing sample regenerated, the computers actually do pick up where you erased, but it will still be perfectly legible and will function fine for the 47.3 seconds schools spend looking at it.

BlueFeathers

Postby BlueFeathers » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:41 pm

It'll be fine. I remembered the proctor said try not to erase but I kept writing a different name for one of the camps instead of it's actual name so I went back and erased the name I put and put in the correct one about 3 times.

It was just one word and I erased pretty good so I doubt it'll be a worry.

Jack Smirks

Postby Jack Smirks » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:04 pm

romothesavior wrote:If you have to stop and erase, you will fail the writing sample, and likely get rejected from any school to which you apply.

So retake.

+1. I heard about a guy doing this in June and he was dinged pretty much everywhere. Even like his super safeties.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”