Test center irregularity - help!

Mike12188

Re: Test center irregularity - help!

Postby Mike12188 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:36 am

LSpleaseee wrote:
MdmMoisel wrote:Well I was shocked with some comments cause of their lack of sensitivity. if it were you who had to cancel because some dumb ass proctor made a mistake, you'd be pissed as hell. and ppl who made those comments didn't have 1 word of advice, and made fun cause i didn't share what happened- how selfish is that (to the above OP about me selling stuff outside wallmart- geez)

To LSplease- YES I get a gold star.

Pretty much everyone in this thread has said that they're sorry for your situation. We're not selfish for wanting to know what mistake a proctor made that is causing you to cancel your score. It's good for other people to know that kind of stuff so they can try to avoid it. Maybe you're the selfish one? I also still don't understand how a PROCTOR can make a mistake and YOU'RE so embarrassed by it that you can't post it here.

Yea, the "Embarrassed" part doesn't make sense.

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:37 am

Mike12188 wrote:
MdmMoisel wrote:Well I was shocked with some comments cause of their lack of sensitivity. if it were you who had to cancel because some dumb ass proctor made a mistake, you'd be pissed as hell. and ppl who made those comments didn't have 1 word of advice, and made fun cause i didn't share what happened- how selfish is that (to the above OP about me selling stuff outside wallmart- geez)

Are you the girl that threw up?

Whoa. But why would that be the proctor's fault?

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:39 am

jamiLAW wrote:
Mike12188 wrote:

Are you the girl that threw up?

Whoa. But why would that be the proctor's fault?

I don't know but why would anybody be embarrassed by what a proctor did? lol

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:41 am

Mike12188 wrote:I don't know but why would anybody be embarrassed by what a proctor did? lol

Exacts.

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:43 am

Maybe we should all make guesses as to what happened until the poster finally tells us who was correct...

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:46 am

I'll start. Maybe the proctor farted during the test, but everyone thought it was MdmMoisel. She was then so embarrassed she could not properly bubble her test.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:22 am

Well the fact you're not telling us what happened is beside the point, I'm guessing she forgot to call out 5 minutes remaining, which you told her to make sure she does, and because you didn't get the 5 minute warning you couldn't fill in the bubbles of the rest of the questions. If that was the case, you should have been keeping your own time. I don't trust proctors, they are not the most intelligent bunch and for such an important test I don't leave anything to chance. After each game/passage/LR page I would check my watch to see how much time I had left.

There's literally no other way a proctor could affect your bubbling unless as you were trying to bubble she kept smacking your hand causing you to smear your scantron. If this is the case, no wonder you don't want to tell us what happened :P

But if you don't want to be open and have advice tailored to your specific situation, I have no sympathy.

MdmMoisel

Postby MdmMoisel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:11 am

Ppl here are really mean..this is going to be my last post, but I hope law school doesn't comprise of bunch of all the losers who were full of insults.

I requested for a non-published test center in a remote part in India (my job required me to move here for some time). I was the only one testing. She had 5 different tests with her. She gave me one and I worked the first 2 sections. Before the third section, she tells me she handed me the wrong test. She asked me to do the third test instead- all over again. I obliged. It turns out 5 tests were same tests with different order of sections. Which means I literally did 7 sections instead of 5, and I repeated 2. When I saw the repeat section I could've just stood up and walked out the test center- cause it's kind of obvious LSAC will not give credit for it, but I sat and obliged what she said and did the entire test. That is why it's embarrassing on my part, and ridiculous on her part.

To someone who said ppl here didn't make fun of my high 150 aim- even if someone gets a 140, I wouldn't make fun of him. Also, 150 isn't my aim- I haven't had time to prepare, and English is my third language. LSAT isn't even a reflection of intelligence, the test is learnable. Anyway, so much for my fascination with TLS.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:16 am

See that is a really rare case, and now I genuinely feel bad for you, it would have been much easier if you just told us in the first place. It's the proctors fault no doubt, that is highly unfair to make you do a 7 section test. However didn't doing 2 of the same sections benefit you a bit because you got an 1:10 minutes to do each? Either way, in this case LSAC will heed your request especially if the proctor owns up to what she did.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:22 am

kkklick wrote:See that is a really rare case, and now I genuinely feel bad for you, it would have been much easier if you just told us in the first place. It's the proctors fault no doubt, that is highly unfair to make you do a 7 section test. However didn't doing 2 of the same sections benefit you a bit because you got an 1:10 minutes to do each? Either way, in this case LSAC will heed your request especially if the proctor owns up to what she did.

+1

MdmMoisel

Postby MdmMoisel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:23 am

I got a 15 min break after doing full 5 sections instead of 3. I tried re-doing all questions of repeat sections, and by the time I reached section 3, (which is actually 5 if you count the previous 2) my mind was too tired.

krad

Postby krad » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:32 am

MdmMoisel wrote:I got a 15 min break after doing full 5 sections instead of 3. I tried re-doing all questions of repeat sections, and by the time I reached section 3, (which is actually 5 if you count the previous 2) my mind was too tired.

god that sounds horrible :( take that proctor for all she's worth!!!

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:16 pm

Now that's a cool irregularity. I don't get why you'd be embarrassed though.

I wonder if LSAC would mandate a cancel in this situation, given you got to see some sections twice.

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:18 pm

I'm interested to find out how LSAC handles this.

dubsky

Postby dubsky » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:31 pm

woah. If one of the repeated section was the games, this is pretty damn awesome. LSAC will probably force a cancel, yea.

tng11

Postby tng11 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:41 pm

Last edited by tng11 on Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:45 pm

tng11 wrote:There were 5 test booklets for a single person testing? That's odd, did 4 people not show up? :?

That sucks, and I hope LSAC has a reasonable solution for you, although it probably will be nothing more than a cancel and a free retest. There was nothing to be embarrassed about, if anything you should be hopping mad at the proctor for really screwing you over.

What could OP have done differently? I think I would have refused to start over. OP made the right choice IMO, but I don't know if I would have been able to do the same lol

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:20 pm

I just like the noticeable difference in your posting between when you write in the afternoon, and when you write late at night. Booze is fun.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:32 pm

Oh my, that was so embarrassing :roll:. I would've felt really bad if you had told us in the beginning but you acted like such an ass that I only feel a little bad.

megaTTTron wrote:What could OP have done differently? I think I would have refused to start over. OP made the right choice IMO, but I don't know if I would have been able to do the same lol

She couldn't really have done anything differently. The situation sucks but there isn't going to be a great solution, it's going to be a cancel and a free retake as it always is.

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:11 pm

repeating sections is awesome, you have a much higher chance of getting questions right after you go back and look at them for a second time. I would be annoyed, yes, but it might of helped you do better. Plus, if you prep, 5 sections really isn't that bad, yes it's a long test, but it doesn't take every ounce of my being to finish a 5 section test, maybe 7 though.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:16 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:repeating sections is awesome, you have a much higher chance of getting questions right after you go back and look at them for a second time. I would be annoyed, yes, but it might of helped you do better. Plus, if you prep, 5 sections really isn't that bad, yes it's a long test, but it doesn't take every ounce of my being to finish a 5 section test, maybe 7 though.

Wut? All the real LSAT's are 5 sections. The OP did a 7 section test because she repeated sections. I agree though that repeating sections would be awesome.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:17 pm

If I got to repeat LR 1 and LG, 180 guaranteed.

Curry

Postby Curry » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:51 pm

I'm embarrassed for this thread. I don't think I can tell anyone I've read it.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:19 pm

Forced cancel honestly makes the most sense here, especially if the proctor had OP erase the first two bubbled sections (such that the only recorded bubblings for the repeated sections are the times they were repeated). It'd be hard to get less standardized without there actually being some contribution to the situation on OP's part. There's just no way LSAC can let such a score stand.

This is sad because there was clearly nothing OP could have done to prevent this. Arguing with the proctor may have resulted in getting dismissed, and certainly would have contributed to any test-day stress OP had.

verklempt

Postby verklempt » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:28 pm

Really a horrible experience, sorry that OP has to deal with these extra hassles. I'm not sure what I would have done, but I would have been fuming either way.

My observation was that the proctors at our center were not well prepared, and this at a site that always tests hundreds of people. How hard can it be to get the proctor job right? I realize LSAC probably pays bottom dollar, but still!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”