Test center irregularity - help!

MdmMoisel

Test center irregularity - help!

Postby MdmMoisel » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:17 am

My proctor made a huge mistake. I wrote a complaint to LSAC, and she said she'd file an irregularity as well. LSAC emailed back saying my file is on hold and that I'd have the option to cancel if I wanted to once the investigation is complete.

Because of my proctor's mistake, I was stressed and misbubbled the last section. My question is, for irregularities, does LSAC give me the option to re-take? If it does, retake after how many days of the test that was reported irregular? I'm asking this because initially my plan was to take Dec test (was PTing at high 150s) and re-take in Feb. But now since there's going to be 1 Cancel in Dec, I want to request LSAC to re-schedule my test in Feb (so I don't have 1 cancel and 1 low 150s in Dec itself).

Will LSAC heed my request? I'm really angry for what happened. Proctor's mistake was a blunder and she completely ignored what I said (which was the right thing to do and she didn't know)!!

smears

Re: Test center irregularity - help!

Postby smears » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:23 am

What was the mistake?

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:24 am

MdmMoisel wrote:My proctor made a huge mistake. I wrote a complaint to LSAC, and she said she'd file an irregularity as well. LSAC emailed back saying my file is on hold and that I'd have the option to cancel if I wanted to once the investigation is complete.

Because of my proctor's mistake, I was stressed and misbubbled the last section. My question is, for irregularities, does LSAC give me the option to re-take? If it does, retake after how many days of the test that was reported irregular? I'm asking this because initially my plan was to take Dec test (was PTing at high 150s) and re-take in Feb. But now since there's going to be 1 Cancel in Dec, I want to request LSAC to re-schedule my test in Feb (so I don't have 1 cancel and 1 low 150s in Dec itself).

Will LSAC heed my request? I'm really angry for what happened. Proctor's mistake was a blunder and she completely ignored what I said (which was the right thing to do and she didn't know)!!

First, really want to know what happened. Do tell.

Secondly, they may allow you to retake in february for free- I think it's much more unusual
For them to wipe the test alltogether
I know it would be fair
But they're pretty bureaucratic (less so than TLS in general portrays them as- they dealt with my deal fairly) so it's impossible to get anything special as a decision

suspicious android

Postby suspicious android » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:37 am

Sorry to hear about your mishap. The way the process works, if they accept your complaint is valid they will offer you a free re-take, which you can use whenever you like. However, the re-take will be for another test administration, February, June, etc. They won't let you take a special test before then. They also will not erase the record of the test you just took. Even if they screwed up, you'll still have either a score or a cancellation on your record. Basically, if they screw up they let you take the next one for free, and that's it. On the plus side, they were pretty polite and efficient when I went through this.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:32 am

suspicious android wrote:Sorry to hear about your mishap. The way the process works, if they accept your complaint is valid they will offer you a free re-take, which you can use whenever you like. However, the re-take will be for another test administration, February, June, etc. They won't let you take a special test before then. They also will not erase the record of the test you just took. Even if they screwed up, you'll still have either a score or a cancellation on your record. Basically, if they screw up they let you take the next one for free, and that's it. On the plus side, they were pretty polite and efficient when I went through this.

This.

Sorry you're going through this <3

MdmMoisel

Postby MdmMoisel » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:31 pm

Thanks everyone! I don't want to disclose in detail what happened, cause its too embarrassing to even discuss it. Anyway, I hope they ask me to retake in Feb like you said. That'd be some relief..and I also hope they provide a letter explaining the cancel part :evil:

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:33 pm

booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:36 pm

lakers3peat wrote:booooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Nothing is too embarassing, spill it!

2Serious4Numbers

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 pm

kkklick wrote:

this is the internetz damnit. Where information flows like water, do we have to turn this into a guessing game? Here I'll start:

someone pissed themselves?

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:46 pm

The only "mistake" I can see a proctor making that would cause embarrassment for you is a "mistaken" accusation of cross-bubbling, cheating or something else.

krad

Postby krad » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:47 pm

kkklick wrote:

+1

(sorry that you had to deal with this, though, OP)

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:04 pm

MdmMoisel wrote:Thanks everyone! I don't want to disclose in detail what happened, cause its too embarrassing to even discuss it. Anyway, I hope they ask me to retake in Feb like you said. That'd be some relief..and I also hope they provide a letter explaining the cancel part :evil:

What did the proctor do that is so embarrassing that you won't tell an internet forum about it?

I don't think LSAC includes a letter. Pretty sure you just get an:

LSAT SCORE*

*This test center had an irregularity.

You can include an addendum telling the law school what happened if you want.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:27 pm

moar details!

MdmMoisel

Postby MdmMoisel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:39 am

Geeezzz...'you can't tell this at an internet forum? boooooo'...what was that??! I've to fckin cancel my test, and your attitude is just pathetic..

MdmMoisel

Postby MdmMoisel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:40 am

You can kiss my a**

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:41 am

I anxiously await these threads. Do a future TLS LSATer a favor and disclose so that she/ he may avoid your mishap! PAY IT FORWARD!

Montevillian

Postby Montevillian » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:44 am

MdmMoisel wrote:Geeezzz...'you can't tell this at an internet forum? boooooo'...what was that??! I've to fckin cancel my test, and your attitude is just pathetic..

To be fair, one of the reasons everyone is so interested is because we want to know if it's something that could likely happen at other testing centers. Something that is so stressful that you misbubble an entire section seems like something others should worry about.
Also, since you did dance around it so much, it's hard not to be interested in what the situation actually was. No need to get too upset about people being so nosey, it's all meant in good faith.

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:46 am

megaTTTron wrote:I anxiously await these threads. Do a future TLS LSATer a favor and disclose so that she/ he may avoid your mishap! PAY IT FORWARD!

i know gosh, OP is obviously a selfish jerk, hoarding valuable LSAT info. Probably doesnt even give the santa outside walmart any spare change

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:47 am

MdmMoisel wrote:Geeezzz...'you can't tell this at an internet forum? boooooo'...what was that??! I've to fckin cancel my test, and your attitude is just pathetic..

you mad?

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:55 am

Your attitude is awesome. You get a gold star.

MdmMoisel

Postby MdmMoisel » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:10 am

Well I was shocked with some comments cause of their lack of sensitivity. if it were you who had to cancel because some dumb ass proctor made a mistake, you'd be pissed as hell. and ppl who made those comments didn't have 1 word of advice, and made fun cause i didn't share what happened- how selfish is that (to the above OP about me selling stuff outside wallmart- geez)

To LSplease- YES I get a gold star.

Montevillian

Postby Montevillian » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:41 am

MdmMoisel wrote:Well I was shocked with some comments cause of their lack of sensitivity. if it were you who had to cancel because some dumb ass proctor made a mistake, you'd be pissed as hell. and ppl who made those comments didn't have 1 word of advice, and made fun cause i didn't share what happened- how selfish is that (to the above OP about me selling stuff outside wallmart- geez)

Frankly, you should be glad you didn't get called on the LSAT score you were aiming for. The mantra around these parts (as I'm sure you're aware) is 170 or bust. Though what happened really does suck, even though you're not disclosing the story, which is your right, it'll give you longer to study for the LSAT and get that score up. Cancel-16* looks a good bit better than just a flat 15*. If you were already testing in the high 150s, breaking 160 in two months shouldn't be that hard.
So it very well may be a blessing in disguise. No worries.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:43 am

MdmMoisel wrote:Well I was shocked with some comments cause of their lack of sensitivity. if it were you who had to cancel because some dumb ass proctor made a mistake, you'd be pissed as hell. and ppl who made those comments didn't have 1 word of advice, and made fun cause i didn't share what happened- how selfish is that (to the above OP about me selling stuff outside wallmart- geez)

Pretty much everyone in this thread has said that they're sorry for your situation. We're not selfish for wanting to know what mistake a proctor made that is causing you to cancel your score. It's good for other people to know that kind of stuff so they can try to avoid it. Maybe you're the selfish one? I also still don't understand how a PROCTOR can make a mistake and YOU'RE so embarrassed by it that you can't post it here.

jamiLAW

Postby jamiLAW » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:32 am

Now this is a thread!!!

Now that I've taken the LSAT without mishap, test irregularities are hilarious.

Mike12188

Postby Mike12188 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:35 am

Are you the girl that threw up?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”