Reviewing LR mistakes

Sh@keNb@ke

Reviewing LR mistakes

Postby Sh@keNb@ke » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:55 pm

When reviewing my mistakes, should I wait to review them until the next day? Usually I miss about 7 questions a section because of the time (don't get to about 3 of them) and miss 4 of the ones that I do get to, but I like to be extremely thorough in my review. Opinions? Thanks.

ren2011

Re: Reviewing LR mistakes

Postby ren2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:59 pm

I'd review right away. You'll remember how you arrived at an answer more clearly.

tourdeforcex

Postby tourdeforcex » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:04 am

I'd review right away. You'll remember how you arrived at an answer more clearly.

+1

then the next thing i would do is cut them out, post them on a wall and revisit next week or sometime later.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:25 am

Yea I'll have to agree, when I review right after I remember what I was thinking about that question at the time and why I went with the answer I did. The next day the right answer is likely to pop out at you and you will likely forget why you picked the wrong answer in the first place. But that's just me, try both ways and see which works best for you.

you_were_driving

Postby you_were_driving » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:43 pm

As taxing as it is after just finishing a PT, I always found it more helpful to immediately review.

One piece of advice though, when I first started prepping I would try and review every question regardless if I got it right or wrong.
Later in my prep, especially If I didn't have a lot of time, I would review any wrong answers as well any questions that I got right but didn't immediately recognize the correct answer. Reviewing correct answers is menial work and it may not seem that there is any immediate benefit, but its important to be certain that you're getting questions correct for the right reason(s) and not because you recognized them or just got lucky.

ren2011

Postby ren2011 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:51 pm

you_were_driving wrote:As taxing as it is after just finishing a PT, I always found it more helpful to immediately review.

One piece of advice though, when I first started prepping I would try and review every question regardless if I got it right or wrong.
Later in my prep, especially If I didn't have a lot of time, I would review any wrong answers as well any questions that I got right but didn't immediately recognize the correct answer. Reviewing correct answers is menial work and it may not seem that there is any immediate benefit, but its important to be certain that you're getting questions correct for the right reason(s) and not because you recognized them or just got lucky.

+1
A lot of people overlook the fact that, ideally, you should go over every question.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”