Lowest LSAT score you have ever seen/ heard about

kkklick

Re: Lowest LSAT score you have ever seen/ heard about

Postby kkklick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:25 pm

I've heard of mid 130's, but they were not from the direct source itself. Usually people have too much pride to admit they scored so low.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:53 pm

3|ink wrote:I would think that a 120 is as rare as a 180.

Mathematically speaking, there are many many more ways to score a 120 than to score a 180, even if they were T/F questions (given the highest 120 is usually at least +14 and lowest 180 is rarely more than -2).

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:58 pm

joebloe wrote:
3|ink wrote:I would think that a 120 is as rare as a 180.

Mathematically speaking, there are many many more ways to score a 120 than to score a 180, even if they were T/F questions (given the highest 120 is usually at least +14 and lowest 180 is rarely more than -2).

That doesn't actually matter, though. People don't answer randomly. The scaling was set up so that the bell curve is pretty nearly perfect. So yes, LSAC does hand out as many 120's as 180's (approximately).

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:54 pm

tomwatts wrote:The lowest score I've seen on a practice test is a 120. Yes, I had a student enter with a diag of 120. At first, we thought that we were just scoring it wrong, that she had taken a different test or something. Nope, she actually got a 120. Apparently there were multiple things that went wrong there (undiagnosed learning disability, didn't know that there were no points off for wrong answers so only put down answers for about a third of the questions, etc.), but yes, I did see a natural 120 at one point.

The lowest score I've heard back from a student on the real thing was a 138. This guy was a bizarre case. He came in with a diag of 138. He asked in the first class never to be called on, because it made him nervous. (Bear in mind that this was in a class of maybe 20 people, so it was pretty conspicuous that he never got called on and never participated at all.) On his second test, he got a 138. On his third test, he got a 138. On his fourth test, you guessed it, he got a 138. He got a 138 on his fifth and sixth tests, too. And on test day, sure enough, he got a 138.

I've since gotten the "no cold calls" request a few more times, and I tell this story now. No one has ever said, "Even so, I don't want to be called on" after that.

EDIT: Also, check out the "Overheard at the LSAT" topic for people who would get catastrophically low scores.

I bet LSAC loves hearing stories like this, not that the kid scored a 138, but that their test has such a high level of reliability and validity.

Superwoman

Postby Superwoman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:48 pm

Okay,

So this is most likely my last post seeing as why reading these posts really proves to me as to why I don't post nor read online opinons....

Actually, for the record I DID receive a 133 on a real LSAT (October) does that make me any less brilliant because I didn't regurgitate the same answers as everyone else...nope! Since you all have obviously and clearly read the rest of my posts...you will notice that I clearly stated that this makes no difference to me...seeing as though I already am a Engineer with a masters degree and a high 6 figure...

And since you wish to pycho-analyze all...I hate to tell you this, but I oh yeah...I have another attempt that I didn't mention that oh yeah..I scored a 168...why did I re-take...hmmm...that's none of your business...

Does it matter if I get any high N-O...my Land Rover could use some gas right now any of you waiting for a job want to fill it up for a person who actually got 133????? :lol:

eaglemuncher

Postby eaglemuncher » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Does it matter if I get any high N-O...my Land Rover could use some gas right now any of you waiting for a job want to fill it up for a person who actually got 133????? :lol:[/quote]

Thats like the shitty version of a Range Rover right?

BrownBears09

Postby BrownBears09 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:52 pm

Superwoman wrote:Terrible troll attempt.

I hope you take tests better than you troll.

Superwoman

Postby Superwoman » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:55 pm

:twisted:

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:03 am

If you already have a 6 figure salary, why would you spend 3 painful years along with 100 grand learning law with no guarantee of a job? I can smell the troll from here.

Superwoman

Postby Superwoman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:08 am

I can't back down from a challege...

Why would I spend actually 3 years in a a law program? Hmmmm....the same reason I sit and waste time on this forum...because I like indulging in the lives of others hahaha....

oh yeah...hahaha....

You sound like you need a job...Mr. "Troll"

Superwoman

Postby Superwoman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:11 am

Oh yeah,

Thanks President Obama for the tax break...I think I'm starting to love Black people...

Superwoman

Postby Superwoman » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:15 am

Good luck to all in their careers...

I have to go save the world now!!!!!

I hope you get that Porshe one day and don't have to flaut the avatar wishing for it...

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:17 am

Superwoman wrote:I can't back down from a challege...

Why would I spend actually 3 years in a a law program? Hmmmm....the same reason I sit and waste time on this forum...because I like indulging in the lives of others hahaha....

oh yeah...hahaha....

You sound like you need a job...Mr. "Troll"

If you score higher than 133, I'll get a job.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:18 am

Safe to say I'll be staying unemployed.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:20 am

Superwoman wrote:Good luck to all in their careers...

I hope you get that Porshe one day and don't have to flaut the avatar wishing for it...

Well you know the funny thing is I do actually own a Porsche.

TheOcho

Postby TheOcho » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:30 am

Superwoman wrote:Okay,

So this is most likely my last post seeing as why reading these posts really proves to me as to why I don't post nor read online opinons....

Actually, for the record I DID receive a 133 on a real LSAT (October) does that make me any less brilliant because I didn't regurgitate the same answers as everyone else...nope! Since you all have obviously and clearly read the rest of my posts...you will notice that I clearly stated that this makes no difference to me...seeing as though I already am a Engineer with a masters degree and a high 6 figure...

And since you wish to pycho-analyze all...I hate to tell you this, but I oh yeah...I have another attempt that I didn't mention that oh yeah..I scored a 168...why did I re-take...hmmm...that's none of your business...

Does it matter if I get any high N-O...my Land Rover could use some gas right now any of you waiting for a job want to fill it up for a person who actually got 133????? :lol:

Your incoherent rambling does not impress anyone.

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:12 am

Superwoman wrote:Good luck to all in their careers...

Scores haven't come back on the December test so that's makes you a certified troll. That being, said, I wish you the best of luck in getting that 168...

retiree

Postby retiree » Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:50 am

jblev2 wrote:
framboozer wrote:...If you think that everyone on here is completely unrealistic in their expectations of what everyone can achieve on the LSAT if they put in the effort, well there's definitely another side to it. There are so many people out there who are struggling to get into the 140's or 150's...not enough people are telling them that their expectations are beyond unrealistic and that they should choose a different path. I guess so many people these days still think that a law degree equals a steady and prosperous future.

It makes sense. If 151 is the median, then half of test-takers are absolutely bombing. Luckily, I think most of them realize that law school is not for them. So yea, I've seen 131, 133, 138, etc.

i wonder if they are just crazy and freaked out about the test, aka bad test takers? give them a beer before the test maybe and tell them to read closely

No, they are not crazy or freaked out or bad test takers. What about those who are just slow readers? Or people who have tackled a very technical undergrad program where the content required intense and detailed and careful reading and that is how they operate? To say these people's expectations are beyond unrealistic is a bad characterization. Of course, if they had the time to read all the questions and responses, rather than being forced to guess at an answer, well, I bet they would get most or all of them right. What I don't get is that many lawyers I know and have worked with take their sweet time reading anything (under the gun to bill the most hours possible). So I fail to see how the LSAT measures whatever it is supposed to be measuring, when they admit it is not meant to be finished, and that fast readers (who must also be able to comprehend as quickly, too) have the advantage.

Besides, not everyone goes to law school to become a practicing lawyer. They might go into teaching or politics, for example. I will agree that if someone thinks they are going to go out and earn big bucks, guess again. It is rare to walk into a 6-figure job; and if the person does, then they can expect to not have a life and be working 60-80 hrs a week and more. I have friends who are earning what a paralegal earns--the field is overcrowded, and more and more people are educating themselves to handle their own legal problems.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”