test center BAD DISTRACTION, IF NOT AWFUL

doubleL

test center BAD DISTRACTION, IF NOT AWFUL

Postby doubleL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:00 pm

Okay so during section 2/3 a girl in my room threw up. i mean...this was the worst vomiting sound i have ever heard. and she was rushed out of the room to finish "her business" outside, made it to the bathroom down the hall....and we could still hear her puking. it was god awful. made me sick to my stomach, just hearing it. then of course, she came back.

Anything I can do? I talked to lsac and they said its a good reason to write a complaint...but what good would that even do??

BrownBears09

Re: test center BAD DISTRACTION, IF NOT AWFUL

Postby BrownBears09 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:01 pm

doubleL wrote:what good would that even do??

Nothing.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:01 pm

I always wondered if that really happened, I've heard people's panic attacks have been so bad that they faint, puke. If it affected you write a complaint.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:02 pm

That sucks so much for everyone involved. Did she look like she had a bun in the oven? It'd probably be too early to tell anyway.

doubleL

Postby doubleL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:05 pm

oh it happened. that's for sure. absolutely disgusting, not to mention i think i did worse on this one than oct

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:06 pm

Did it smell or was her puking the worst part of it. Sound doesn't bother me as much as smell, that would have been a nightmare.

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:07 pm

kkklick wrote:Did it smell or was her puking the worst part of it. Sound doesn't bother me as much as smell, that would have been a nightmare.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:09 pm

3|ink wrote:
kkklick wrote:Did it smell or was her puking the worst part of it. Sound doesn't bother me as much as smell, that would have been a nightmare.

I really hope this thread turns into a 5 page description of puke. OP, write the complaint, but don't hold your breath...I imagine you're tired of that anyways.

doubleL

Postby doubleL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:18 pm

yeah it was bad on both sides. im writing something. but i will die if my score is lower

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:20 pm

doubleL wrote:yeah it was bad on both sides. im writing something. but i will die if my score is lower

I think you've already answered this question (though not explicitly), but do you really think it affected your performance? If so, just cancel and take it in February. A complaint isn't going to get you extra points. At best (and this is doubtful), it'll get you money off of your next registration.

doubleL

Postby doubleL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:23 pm

i am aware that it will not get me extra points.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:27 pm

The outcome from complaints seems to be a standard offer:
  • LSAC will give you a little extra time to decide whether to cancel. If you do, you get a free retake; they may automatically pick the next administration for you. This is a standard cancel: it works the same as if you canceled right now.
  • LSAC will give you the option of including a letter in your record explaining that your score was under unusual circumstances. I'm not sure what that letter looks like or what effect it has.

My understanding of how things work, this is probably the best you're going to get.

mpj_3050

Postby mpj_3050 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:36 pm

Sorry to hear of such a gross and unfortunate disturbance; it would really throw me off too if someone did that. Hopefully the girl was actually sick as opposed to being a nervous wreck. The test is extremely important, but it isn't like you are storming the beaches of Normandy.

homestyle28

Postby homestyle28 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:40 pm

mpj_3050 wrote:The test is extremely important, but it isn't like you are storming the beaches of Normandy.
Well that makes the speech I gave to my fellow test takers look really stupid now.

doubleL

Postby doubleL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:47 pm

yup. think you so much for telling me those traditional responses. i am aware as well that, in doing this, they may delay my score? think so? especially since its not like im asking them to review much of anything? and if a delay...how long?

krad

Postby krad » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:52 pm

doubleL wrote:yup. think you so much for telling me those traditional responses. i am aware as well that, in doing this, they may delay my score? think so? especially since its not like im asking them to review much of anything? and if a delay...how long?

One of my friends back east that took the Oct LSAT (when I did) filed a complaint about a proctor answering her phone in the middle of the test. Her score was delayed by at least a week or two and nothing came of the complaint.

doubleL

Postby doubleL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:56 pm

crap. this is a little different than a proctor problem, no??

krad

Postby krad » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:00 pm

doubleL wrote:crap. this is a little different than a proctor problem, no??

It could be? Either way I'm thinking that if you file a complaint your score will probably be delayed while they review/resolve it. My friend talked to a number of people on TLS that filed different complaints and their scores were also delayed. IMO it's definitely something to think about...

Regardless, sorry you had to go through that!!

iWayneState

Postby iWayneState » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:12 pm

krad wrote:
doubleL wrote:yup. think you so much for telling me those traditional responses. i am aware as well that, in doing this, they may delay my score? think so? especially since its not like im asking them to review much of anything? and if a delay...how long?

One of my friends back east that took the Oct LSAT (when I did) filed a complaint about a proctor answering her phone in the middle of the test. Her score was delayed by at least a week or two and nothing came of the complaint.

Is that really you? Wanna smash?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”