is it bad I dont remember the questions on this past lsat???

doubleL

is it bad I dont remember the questions on this past lsat???

Postby doubleL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:28 pm

Guys, this was my retake and unlike Oct....I cant remember most of the questions...and when reminded of a stimulus topic I cant remember!!! Bad sign? I thought I did well in Oct, but i was dead wrong. Now I think i bombed it....

jblev2

Re: is it bad I dont remember the questions on this past lsat???

Postby jblev2 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:29 pm

I remember nothing and got a 92% on the prep test, i remember more from the prep test, probably because i pushed myself to work a little faster on the real lsat, you may be the same way.

Nonok

Postby Nonok » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:32 pm

It doesn't matter if you can remember the details. In Oct, the discussions of the questions were a lot more frequent and detailed than for this test. There was more to remind you of the questions back then. For this test, things have been a lot more chill.

Try thinking of each section as a whole and how you felt while you were taking them. That should give you a better idea of how you did.

doubleL

Postby doubleL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:33 pm

thing is....i have no clue. I couldn't even tell you if i did better or worse than oct. I did take powerscore's course tho, but im even doubting if it was helpful

langdonbadger

Postby langdonbadger » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:35 pm

An optimistic position would be that you found the questions relatively easy to answer/think through overall, so none really stuck out, so you therefore don't remember them.

I'd say don't sweat it.

kehoema2

Postby kehoema2 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:36 pm

If it helps you out a buddy and myself retook in October. Afterward we were talking about the LSAT and we were both in disbelief on the vast amount of questions we couldn't remember. I mean this was right after the test and tons of LR and games we forgot.

In the end we both ended up substantially better than June. I can't say the same will happen to you, but I don't think its necessarily a bad sign.

doubleL

Postby doubleL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:44 pm

that does make me feel a tad bit better. as you for telling me not to sweat it, i appreciate it, but you dont know how i am hahahahahaha. I'm comparing my feelings about this test to my feelings in Oct. (All I know is that in Oct, I went to my campus' fall carnival afterwards and rode the scrambler 10 times. This time, i came home and cried to a floormate)

Nonok

Postby Nonok » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:45 pm

doubleL wrote:that does make me feel a tad bit better. as you for telling me not to sweat it, i appreciate it, but you dont know how i am hahahahahaha. I'm comparing my feelings about this test to my feelings in Oct. (All I know is that in Oct, I went to my campus' fall carnival afterwards and rode the scrambler 10 times. This time, i came home and cried to a floormate)

After the Dec LSAT, I went to the nearest church and threw bricks through their stained glass windows. Anyone else?

ren2011

Postby ren2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:45 pm

doubleL wrote:that does make me feel a tad bit better. as you for telling me not to sweat it, i appreciate it, but you dont know how i am hahahahahaha. I'm comparing my feelings about this test to my feelings in Oct. (All I know is that in Oct, I went to my campus' fall carnival afterwards and rode the scrambler 10 times. This time, i came home and cried to a floormate)

win.

I never remember questions. When my dad asked me what the RC passage topics were, I blanked.

Jader

Postby Jader » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:46 pm

I still have no idea what people are talking about with the "utilities" LG, but I know I nailed it. So put one in the pro column.

doubleL

Postby doubleL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:50 pm

yeah....games....i know i bombed that crap.

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:11 pm

If you remember the questions after the test, there's a decent chance that you were still thinking about the questions after you were done with them (e.g. in section 2 you were still fixating on questions from section 1, either consciously or unconsciously). So it's probably for the best that you don't remember anything.

At least, that's what I used to tell myself when I took a test and couldn't remember a single question afterwards. Until I started practicing remembering questions, I couldn't remember anything.

pinkcamellia

Postby pinkcamellia » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:56 pm

I can't even remember what G4 was about, but since everyone has said it was easy, and I remember finishing that game feeling confident, I feel good overall.

Just because someone remembers all the questions doesn't mean they're getting a perfect score. Relax. There's nothing to do but get drunk and play video games until our scores come out :)

doubleL

Postby doubleL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:23 pm

i dunno...I'm trying every which way to think I did better on this one than oct. The entire test is a blur--except that i moved from question to question...focusing on one question at a time. All i remember.

verklempt

Postby verklempt » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:31 pm

It occurred to me that it might be worthwhile to add a pop post-test that asks things like: how many questions total? Name three LR. Describe one RC. Etc. That kind of post-test would highlight skills that are useful for real lawyers vs the test content itself, which works as a screen but doesn't adequately address the abilities required to practice law.

I'd flunk that post-test, though, as I don't remember much of anything from the test...it's mostly a haze. Except for stained glass.

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:00 pm

I only remember questions that gave me a genuinely hard time, so if I don't remember many questions, I'd personally take it as a good sign.

LSATclincher

Postby LSATclincher » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:00 pm

This is a good post because I feel the same way. I don't remember ANY of the test. I only remember a question about sun screen. In fact, the entire time from when I woke up until I finally left my testing center is a blur. I think I had so much adrenaline going that day. I remember driving home from the testing center with enough energy to take another full test.

I have no idea what my score was. As I wait for my score, I'm not nervous. But more excited, if anything.

delusional

Postby delusional » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:33 pm

I remembered the test word for word in October, but i knew I should cancel. This time, i don't remember a thing. but I KNOW I did better.

Even in practice lately, I haven't been remembering the actual scenarios, just the logic and/or first letters of each (in LG).

guinness

Postby guinness » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:18 pm

Be happy you don't remember. IMHO - Memory of question means emotional connection to it! IE You couldn't find the answer and associated it with pain. Any coincidence we can all remember the Stained Glass word for word, but utilities...what?

LawPlz

Postby LawPlz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:59 pm

guinness wrote:Be happy you don't remember. IMHO - Memory of question means emotional connection to it! IE You couldn't find the answer and associated it with pain. Any coincidence we can all remember the Stained Glass word for word, but utilities...what?

Or maybe the question was so difficult our mind's defense mechanisms suppressed it from our memories :shock:

TexasGE

Postby TexasGE » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:47 am

Nonok wrote:

After the Dec LSAT, I went to the nearest church and threw bricks through their stained glass windows. Anyone else?

LOL!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”