Test rescheduled due to blizzard?

saintpaulJ

Test rescheduled due to blizzard?

Postby saintpaulJ » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:13 pm

Most of the Minnesota tests were cancelled due to the blizzard. Any insight on rescheduling? So far LSAC has only sent out an email saying that by now we know it was cancelled and to watch for an email regarding re-scheduling. But I'm thinking it will have to be a Saturday, right? And this coming Saturday is already only five days away, so how little notice can they give us? And the following Saturday is Christmas Day and then the next one is New Year's Day.

So basically I'm worried about when the test will be rescheduled. I want my score and my apps to be complete as soon as possible.

I called LSAC and they don't have much to say. Basically, watch for an email.

Any conjectures?

oldhippie

Re: Test rescheduled due to blizzard?

Postby oldhippie » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:14 pm

look at the thread from last feb lsat - same situation. rescheduled for more than a week later if i remember correctly

saintpaulJ

Postby saintpaulJ » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:18 pm

Yes, I found that thread. So with the following two Saturdays being holidays, that would put us at four weeks later than the original Dec. 11.

These people (LSAC) should have a plan in place for rescheduling. And they shouldn't cancel at the last minute. They didn't post it on the website until 8:15, so all of us who braved the weather, found out when we got to the test center. Sorry for the rant, but this really sucks.

TexasGE

Postby TexasGE » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:48 pm

saintpaulJ wrote:Yes, I found that thread. So with the following two Saturdays being holidays, that would put us at four weeks later than the original Dec. 11.

These people (LSAC) should have a plan in place for rescheduling. And they shouldn't cancel at the last minute. They didn't post it on the website until 8:15, so all of us who braved the weather, found out when we got to the test center. Sorry for the rant, but this really sucks.

That is horrible! :(

krad

Postby krad » Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:50 pm

TexasGE wrote:
saintpaulJ wrote:Yes, I found that thread. So with the following two Saturdays being holidays, that would put us at four weeks later than the original Dec. 11.

That is horrible! :(

Good luck, that is a major pain, I can't imagine :shock:

SupraVln180

Postby SupraVln180 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:21 pm

will this delay all the regular test takers scores?

doubleL

Postby doubleL » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:24 pm

I REALLY HOPE NOT. the 3 week+ wait time is ridiculous and unbearable enough.

saintpaulJ

Postby saintpaulJ » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:13 am

I finally got the email from LSAC. They are rescheduling the test for Saturday, January 8th. I can't believe it's going to be four weeks later. If they would have had their act together, it could have been this Saturday!

SchopenhauerFTW

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:21 am

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

saintpaulJ

Postby saintpaulJ » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:43 am

No, it shouldn't affect your score release dates. When something similar happened last February, the original test date people still received their scores on time.

5 out of 6 test centers in Minnesota were cancelled on Dec. 11. So however many test takers that is.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:51 am

it shouldnt affect the release dates. The minnesota testers will be taking another version of the test.

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:07 am

saintpaulJ wrote:I finally got the email from LSAC. They are rescheduling the test for Saturday, January 8th. I can't believe it's going to be four weeks later. If they would have had their act together, it could have been this Saturday!

Now now, sticks and stones may break their bones but words will never hurt them. It's time to go to the sticks and stones is what I'm saying. That's bullshit.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:14 am

That's ridiculous for people applying this cycle. For everyone who is next cycle, sweet little extra practice time.

lparker

Postby lparker » Wed Dec 15, 2010 10:50 am

saintpaulJ wrote:I finally got the email from LSAC. They are rescheduling the test for Saturday, January 8th. I can't believe it's going to be four weeks later. If they would have had their act together, it could have been this Saturday!

Wow, that is frustrating... On a high note, at least you didn't have the stained glass window game! =) Good Luck in January!

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:00 am

lparker wrote:

Wow, that is frustrating... On a high note, at least you didn't have the stained glass window game! =) Good Luck in January!

Haha yea, for them the majority will probably happy they missed that particular game. However there are a certain portion of TLS'ers who thought the games section was fine. I only had trouble with about max 4 questions myself. It won't affect our scores because as northwood said they are getting a different LSAT. I feel for those who are applying this cycle, I would definately not write it and go with the scores I already have because it wouldn't be worth the risk of applying so late.

saintpaulJ

Postby saintpaulJ » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:12 am

lparker wrote:

Yep, I'm probably glad I missed that one. Hopefully January will go well and they will get our scores out QUICKLY.

ren2011

Postby ren2011 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:14 pm

LSAC will have to release them pretty fast. People usually take the Dec. LSAT as a last resort for the 2011 app cycle...pushing the test all the way to Jan. defeats this whole purpose. LSAC at least has a lot less tests to score (just Minn.) so it probably won't take them the normal 3+ weeks to release them.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”