Expecting too much?

guinness

Expecting too much?

Postby guinness » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:59 pm

Background:

Last 5 PT's (all with 5 sections, all timed stringently):
165, 164, 166, 165, 167

I had a lot of trouble sleeping the night before (2-3 hours) and got hit hard by the LG section. I completed all but the conference game, where I ended up guessing 4/5, and didn't think stained glass was that rough so I must have missed something...

I left thinking 155, but now a few days after I'm thinking something around 165 is probable. My reasoning is after my best PT (61 - 167) I was convinced it was my worst ever. Actually, felt that way for ALL my PT's so this wasn't much different.

Is this a typical reaction?

DieAntwoord

Re: Expecting too much?

Postby DieAntwoord » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:03 pm

guinness wrote:Background:

Last 5 PT's (all with 5 sections, all timed stringently):
165, 164, 166, 165, 167

I had a lot of trouble sleeping the night before (2-3 hours) and got hit hard by the LG section. I completed all but the conference game, where I ended up guessing 4/5, and didn't think stained glass was that rough so I must have missed something...

I left thinking 155, but now a few days after I'm thinking something around 165 is probable. My reasoning is after my best PT (61 - 167) I was convinced it was my worst ever. Actually, felt that way for ALL my PT's so this wasn't much different.

Is this a typical reaction?

yes. I did about 8 points higher than I thought.
Relax and have a drink with your friends; there is nothing you can do now to change anything.

FlanSolo

Postby FlanSolo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:57 pm

How did you feel about the rest of the sections? I think almost everyone had difficulty with the games section. Let's say for argument's sake you got 10/11 on the two easier games, and 4/7 on stained glass. Let's also say none of your guesses on conferences were right, but you did get one correct (I'm assuming this was the first question of that game). That puts you at -8, and I think the curve is likely to be -14. Even a conservative guess of -12 and you still have 4 questions to miss on the rest of the sections and still pull a 170. Sounds to me like you're in pretty good shape.

guinness

Postby guinness » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:33 pm

First LR I finished 5 min early. Only had any concern about one question.

Second LR. There were 4 or 5 that were 'mehs' for me. I know I got at least 3 wrong (unless the guessing gods were kind to me).

Reading Comp. I feel like I crushed it. I finished right on time and only felt a little suspicious on 1 or 2 of my answer choices.

Knowing this would a 167/166 be too unreasonable?

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:35 pm

guinness wrote:First LR I finished 5 min early. Only had any concern about one question.

Second LR. There were 4 or 5 that were 'mehs' for me. I know I got at least 3 wrong (unless the guessing gods were kind to me).

Reading Comp. I feel like I crushed it. I finished right on time and only felt a little suspicious on 1 or 2 of my answer choices.

Knowing this would a 167/166 be too unreasonable?

Definately in the realm of possibility, you only really bombed 1 5-question LG.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”