cancelled test means i can retake right??

lolol10

cancelled test means i can retake right??

Postby lolol10 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:45 pm

so in the past 11 months i have taken the lsat 3 times, 2 of which counted. i canceled the dec exam. i am gunning to take the feb exam to supplement my oct score for schools that i will likely get the WL treatment. because i canceled i can still take the feb exam right!?!?!

Nonok

Re: cancelled test means i can retake right??

Postby Nonok » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:46 pm

No. A cancel counts towards the 3. You have to get a school to sponsor you now.

lolol10

Postby lolol10 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:25 pm

haha ok funny. srsly?

BigBlueLaw

Postby BigBlueLaw » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:28 pm

nope, cancel still counts. I think an absence doesn't count....could be wrong though

onthemoney

Postby onthemoney » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:29 pm

You need to ask a school to write to the LSAC on your behalf. That's the only way.

ren2011

Postby ren2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:29 pm

No, he's being serious. They do count the cancel towards your limit of 3.

Nonok

Postby Nonok » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:29 pm

lolol10 wrote:haha ok funny. srsly?

Yes, seriously.

From LSACs website (http://www.lsac.org/jd/Help/faqs-lsat.asp#test-repeats):

"How many times can I take the LSAT?

Normally, you may not take the LSAT more than three times in any two-year period. This policy applies even if you cancel your score or it is not otherwise reported. LSAC reserves the right to cancel your registration, rescind your admission ticket, or take any other steps necessary to enforce this policy. However, you may retake the LSAT if a law school to which you are applying requires a more recent score than any you have on record, or approves your retaking the test, and the school provides LSAC with written proof of its requirement no later than the last day of registration for the test."

lolol10

Postby lolol10 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:29 pm

Ok so I called lsac and they said I needed a school to sponsor me as you all have mentioned. I called Emory and iu btown and they said it wouldn't be a problem. The Emory admissions was really nice and helpful and faxed a letter basically as we were talking. Good people. So do I just need one school to say ok we will vouch for this guy or do I need o call every school!? I called notre dame Nd they said tha they didn't need to send anything in if Emory already did... Their main concern was that I wouldn't be able to register

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:31 pm

lolol10 wrote:Ok so I called lsac and they said I needed a school to sponsor me as you all have mentioned. I called Emory and iu btown and they said it wouldn't be a problem. The Emory admissions was really nice and helpful and faxed a letter basically as we were talking. Good people. So do I just need one school to say ok we will vouch for this guy or do I need o call every school!? I called notre dame Nd they said tha they didn't need to send anything in if Emory already did... Their main concern was that I wouldn't be able to register

Just one school is enough. LSAC will email you in a day or two and give you a number to call. No worries.

lolol10

Postby lolol10 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:34 pm

Thanks much. Cardiac arrest avoided.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”