DEC 2010 LSAT LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ramblingace

New

DEC 2010 LSAT LR

Post by ramblingace » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:54 am

Did anyone else find the LRs to be particularly hard? Personally I found the LG and RC to be fair but the LRs were really bad. (And that's usually my best section, too!)

To make things worse, some ass next me decided to go to the bathroom during the last section but he made it into a whole show by running in and out of room (making a lot of noise) and he started stomping his feet (for about 2-3 mins) when he sat down. (I guess he was nervous?) Most obnoxious of all is the fact that he apparently finished the test early! Ridiculous! And I was working on a LR section at the time, too.

kkklick

Silver

Re: DEC 2010 LSAT LR

Post by kkklick » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:56 am

It was hard yes, and distractions wouldn't help. I improved drastically in LR and found it tough, also quite a few people I've spoken with did well but generally agreed on the difficulty.

Eyetalian

New

Post by Eyetalian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:26 pm

I thought they were easier than October's, but still difficult. No doubt, the "star" of this most recent test was the games section.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:52 pm

Eyetalian wrote:I thought they were easier than October's, but still difficult. No doubt, the "star" of this most recent test was the games section.
For me it may end up being LR :/ I think I killed RC and LG, but everyone's different.

ramblingace

New

Post by ramblingace » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:02 pm

Thanks for all the input!

I've noticed most people complaining about the LG and RC sections and I was getting a bit antsy about the fact that I found the LR sections to be rather difficult while a majority of commenters felt it was easy or fair. (It didn't help that there were 26 questions each).

And I'm the same. I don't think I did too bad on the RC and LG sections, which are usually my weaker sections, ironically.

I just hope the curve is generous.....

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FlanSolo

Bronze

Post by FlanSolo » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:20 pm

I thought these LRs were easier than October's. I don't have any empirical evidence to support this, but I've always felt that 26 question sections tend to be a bit easier because they account for the additional question by ratcheting down the overall difficulty level.

My theory notwithstanding, I think with October, it was easy to just rattle off a number of really difficult LR questions, but that wasn't the case here. I've heard "stars" and "suntan lotion" mentioned as difficult questions, but these seemed pretty straightforward to me. Even the alien question wasn't very difficult to prephrase, you just had to find the answer that most closely matched that. That said, I thought the antiques shop question was very difficult.

CmonSD

Bronze

Post by CmonSD » Tue Dec 14, 2010 3:26 pm

I had LR sections 2 and 5 and I found section 2 slightly brutal. I didn't finish and had to guess on the last four or so. Section 5 I found reasonable and hopefully rocked it.
Last edited by CmonSD on Tue Dec 14, 2010 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

umich2011

New

Post by umich2011 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:30 pm

I found the LR to be difficult too. My testing center had a ton of distractions, and unfortunately I was in the very front of the room with noisy proctors right in front of me. I have been PTing between 169-173 for the last month, and I have been finishing every section in time for the last 2 months. For some reason, I didn't get to 2 questions on the 1st LR. I don't know if it is because the section was extra difficult, or if the distractions slowed me down, or a combination of both... but I didn't consider the LR to be easy at all. I was able to finish all of the other sections though.. so maybe just got used to the environment. I would say the first LR was above average, and the 3rd LR was average. I had experimental LR of 25 questions and I would call that section easy.

I actually didn't find the LG that impossible compared the the LG of 57-61, but I have always been naturally good at LG and have never really struggled with it. I'm expecting -1 or -2 due to not being able to confirm my answers based on time constraints. I just found it extra time consuming. There is always the possibility that I missed something and am wrong though.

Canadiana

New

Post by Canadiana » Tue Dec 14, 2010 4:35 pm

I thought it was easy. I didn't have doubts about any of the questions which is the first time that has ever happened for me, though I probably got a few wrong.

I found RC on the other hand to be more difficult than normal, and everyone else is saying it was easy, so different strokes I guess.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Superwoman

New

Post by Superwoman » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:49 pm

I believe that the LR and the LG were much, much easier in December than they were in October.

However, the RC were very time consuming and I found myself having to re-read at least 2 in order to find the answer.

Am I more confident than in October, yes! I nailed the LG and the LR they were simple and when I was taking my test I almost found myself yelling in shock because they were so easy...i.e...Is this all you have LSAC????

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:11 am

Superwoman wrote:I believe that the LR and the LG were much, much easier in December than they were in October.

However, the RC were very time consuming and I found myself having to re-read at least 2 in order to find the answer.

Am I more confident than in October, yes! I nailed the LG and the LR they were simple and when I was taking my test I almost found myself yelling in shock because they were so easy...i.e...Is this all you have LSAC????
Different strokes I guess. I can see how some people found LG easy, if you didn't get thrown by the psychological mind games and did them in the order of easiest to hardest they definately could be conquered, but I felt RC was as easy as any RC's in the past 6 or 7. LR, I felt was the hardest since PT 59.

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:41 am

I like LR, but I didnt expect them to be like this. I think it was slightly easier than the October LR sections, but not easy by any means. Some of the questions were quite tricky. I remember just staring at some questions thinking "WTF?!?!?!?"

The October test was just odd.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:46 am

cowgirl_bebop wrote:I like LR, but I didnt expect them to be like this. I think it was slightly easier than the October LR sections, but not easy by any means. Some of the questions were quite tricky. I remember just staring at some questions thinking "WTF?!?!?!?"

I got -10 on october's LR and when I re-did them in a PT I got -3, so I agree they were initially tricky but I ended up messin up the easy-tricky ones and gettin the difficult ones correct. December's just had some LR's that were among some of the toughest I've ever seen. There were also quite a few easy ones as well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:51 am

kkklick wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:I like LR, but I didnt expect them to be like this. I think it was slightly easier than the October LR sections, but not easy by any means. Some of the questions were quite tricky. I remember just staring at some questions thinking "WTF?!?!?!?"

I got -10 on october's LR and when I re-did them in a PT I got -3, so I agree they were initially tricky but I ended up messin up the easy-tricky ones and gettin the difficult ones correct. December's just had some LR's that were among some of the toughest I've ever seen. There were also quite a few easy ones as well.
October was indeed a mess. I got a -5 and a -2 but thought I had kicked ass. This one had some really brutal ones, but many of them were pretty simple as well. Let's hope I did better than that -7, because RC kicked my ass and I really dont think I did much better than my Oct LG score. I REALLY dont want another 167 :cry:

granato

New

Post by granato » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:52 am

Like above said, I thought a lot of them were really easy but the hard ones were TOUGH. I basically had to blind guess on sentient beings after going through it for like 3.5 minutes. The first LR section I had I think I went -2,-3, but the sentient beings section will probably be a -8/-9 due to running out of time and guessing.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:58 am

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
kkklick wrote:

October was indeed a mess. I got a -5 and a -2 but thought I had kicked ass. This one had some really brutal ones, but many of them were pretty simple as well. Let's hope I did better than that -7, because RC kicked my ass and I really dont think I did much better than my Oct LG score. I REALLY dont want another 167 :cry:
I know what you mean, for October takers, this test was harder than any of them expected I'm sure. For myself I was expecting a killer LR and RC but not too bad LG. I knew when I went through RC and found it easy that I was bein set up for nasty LR and LG. I've figured barring any dumb mistakes I couldn't have done worse than -7 on LR, but still off my average of -4.

I know how it feels to get relatively the same score twice, it sucks knowing all that time, money, effort, stress all equaled the same or slightly better. Just hope for the best.

bigkahuna2020

Bronze

Post by bigkahuna2020 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:20 pm

umich2011 wrote:I found the LR to be difficult too. My testing center had a ton of distractions, and unfortunately I was in the very front of the room with noisy proctors right in front of me. I have been PTing between 169-173 for the last month, and I have been finishing every section in time for the last 2 months. For some reason, I didn't get to 2 questions on the 1st LR.

Identical here. I usually have 2-5 minutes at the end of LR and I usually get a -1/-2 consistently, LRs from 1990's onto 2010. I had 1, 3, 4...the first I got to 17 when they called 5 minutes, quick answered up to 23 and then had to blind guess 3. The second section was a breeze as was the third.

Attorney

Bronze

Post by Attorney » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:53 pm

I usually finish LR, LR, and RC with -0, -1, or -2 in PTs. Bear in mind that I've never studied one minute for LR or RC as I've always felt that once I start overanalyzing and recognizing "question types", it won't be so easy anymore. :lol: This time I did feel a couple LR questions were slightly difficult, but I still finished each section (and I had the experimental LR too) with 5-10 minutes to spare. I was able to go back and double-check all my LR answers before time was called.

On the RC however, I had to blind-guess one of the dental caries questions at the end (but I blame the whispering proctors :evil: as much as the difficulty of the RC for my not finishing in time). And on LG, I went back to two unanswered questions lost somewhere in the middle of the section and was filling in "B" as an educated guess for one when I had to blind-guess "B" on the next without looking at it just as time was called.

Back to the topic at hand, LR, even though I double-checked each of my answers I was slightly uncomfortable with antiques and dinosaur fins. Like FlanSolo though, I found stars and suntan lotion to be really straightforward and easy. Oddly enough, I had no recollection at all of a question concerning "aliens", which is funny because it's a topic I enjoy thinking about: the overwhelming probability of non-Earth intelligent life in the Milky Way.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”