December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

User avatar
chrissyc
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby chrissyc » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:34 pm

2014 wrote:
freon wrote:Also, don't forget the folks in Minn. that haven't even taken the test yet. If all scores are to be released on the same date, I'm going with post-Jan. 3

They will almost assuredly get a completely different test and their scores will be held. LSAC has no problem releasing the majority of the scores and making others wait for weeks, it happens every administration for test center irregularities.


what happened there?

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby 2014 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:45 pm

chrissyc wrote:
2014 wrote:
freon wrote:Also, don't forget the folks in Minn. that haven't even taken the test yet. If all scores are to be released on the same date, I'm going with post-Jan. 3

They will almost assuredly get a completely different test and their scores will be held. LSAC has no problem releasing the majority of the scores and making others wait for weeks, it happens every administration for test center irregularities.


what happened there?

All of the situations where a proctor called time too early or cell phones went off or there was construction next door etc. They will email all of those affected and say "Your scores are being held while we investigate and until you send us a written statement saying you don't care and want your score anyway". Those people often get their scores back weeks later and it has no influence on the others who didn't have extenuating circumstances.

Gabby1283
Posts: 10
Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby Gabby1283 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:38 pm

I sent an email to an admissions counselor about putting a hold on my app until my december score comes out and she said

"we are holding your file until the december scores come out at the end of this month"

Staring to look like it may be December instead of January :)

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:43 pm

I doubt admissions people know about when scores will be released. If you look at LSAC's trend, the pas 2 years had a 30 day period between test date and score release with a 7 day early release. This time it's the same thing, but the X factor here is new years eve/day are both holidays that weren't a factor for the other administrations. Plus the snow delay but I'm not sure if there is any truth to that.

User avatar
chrissyc
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby chrissyc » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:07 pm

Gabby1283 wrote:I sent an email to an admissions counselor about putting a hold on my app until my december score comes out and she said

"we are holding your file until the december scores come out at the end of this month"

Staring to look like it may be December instead of January :)


Woo hoo!!! Please be December, please be December.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby akili » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:10 pm

There was that guy from Northwestern that knew when the October scores were coming out (not that it was that shocking)....

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:19 pm

akili wrote:There was that guy from Northwestern that knew when the October scores were coming out (not that it was that shocking)....

Predicting the October LSAT release date was like shooting fish in a barrel, this administration has more variables.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:20 pm

I'm pretty sure he was just guessing because when he said scores were coming out around 4:00pm he made up some excuse that they'll be coming out withing the next hour. He was 6 hours off.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby akili » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:25 pm

kkklick wrote:I'm pretty sure he was just guessing because when he said scores were coming out around 4:00pm he made up some excuse that they'll be coming out withing the next hour. He was 6 hours off.


I know, I'm pretty sure he was just guessing based on past information like we were. But! Clinging to hope ok? :D

I'm actually far less stressed about getting my score this time. I just feel that getting it after the New Year kind of stinks as far as getting applications in. It sucks being "late" and I hope LSAC hurries to make up for the fact that they are the ones (by setting the test date a week late) that are making us late! /end rant

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:27 pm

In my experience LSAC hates prospective law students and baby kittens. So I doubt they care that our apps will be late.

But they do love dancing bees.

User avatar
soccerfreak
Posts: 407
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:57 am

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby soccerfreak » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:56 pm

kkklick wrote:In my experience LSAC hates prospective law students and baby kittens. So I doubt they care that our apps will be late.

But they do love dancing bees.

and stained glass windows and conf...maybe i should just let it go... :/

User avatar
well-hello-there
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby well-hello-there » Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:57 pm

akili wrote:Yes, but the October tests have a consistent pattern of 3 days early. December most definitely does not. The lowest the difference between "score email date" and the real date has been in past years is 4 days. At the latest, we would get them on the 6th, according to that pattern.

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/de ... dates.html

I read the title to this thread and thought, "oh great, the -17 curve crowd has started a thread about how scores will be out in time for Christmas." Then I read all this and it seriously made my day! I figured December was just like October and we'd only get our scores 3 days early. Now I bet we get scores back on the 3rd and the 31st is definitely a possibility! YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!

jj821
Posts: 30
Joined: Sun May 16, 2010 3:24 am

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby jj821 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:07 pm

The turnaround time for scores on most LSAT administrations is about 3 weeks, that plus considering that December scores haven't been released after New Years in about five years and that they have been release 12 to 13 days earlier than official release date in the past leads me to believe Dec 30th or 31st as the most probable, even though the test was administered a week later than usual.
Sure LSAC gets Christmas off, but it's on a Saturday this year so it likely won't have as great an impact on getting the tests scored as it would if it was during the week.

That's just my opinion though, but I think (hope) it makes sense.

Edit: Just did some more analysis, its either Jan 3rd or Dec 30-31. But I guess that's been the general consensus all along?
Last edited by jj821 on Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby 3|ink » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:27 pm

well-hello-there wrote:
akili wrote:Yes, but the October tests have a consistent pattern of 3 days early. December most definitely does not. The lowest the difference between "score email date" and the real date has been in past years is 4 days. At the latest, we would get them on the 6th, according to that pattern.

http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/12/de ... dates.html

I read the title to this thread and thought, "oh great, the -17 curve crowd has started a thread about how scores will be out in time for Christmas." Then I read all this and it seriously made my day! I figured December was just like October and we'd only get our scores 3 days early. Now I bet we get scores back on the 3rd and the 31st is definitely a possibility! YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!!!!!


I think they're saying -18 now.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby kkklick » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:54 pm

-15 is the best possible scenario straight up. The other 102 question tests from the late 90's also had -15 curves on more than a few. But I'm still guessing -14 if they keep all of the questions.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby akili » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:10 pm

I heard it's -10 for a 180 guys. Seriously guys. -10. Guys. -10. it's gonna be a -40 curve.


I'm pretty sure we will hit this point in the next couple weeks. Honestly, I thought it was pretty easy minus the games that (admittedly) threw me for a loop. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out for sure.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby kkklick » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:19 pm

akili wrote:I heard it's -10 for a 180 guys. Seriously guys. -10. Guys. -10. it's gonna be a -40 curve.


I'm pretty sure we will hit this point in the next couple weeks. Honestly, I thought it was pretty easy minus the games that (admittedly) threw me for a loop. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out for sure.

You found LR easy? I thought it had quite a few tough ones.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2555
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby androstan » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:45 pm

You people hoping/guessing for a December score release, you're delusional. Seriously. It might happen, but it's kinda like thinking you might have went -0 on this past LSAT because you answered every question. Sure, there's a finite probability, but nobody's getting their hopes up.

A reasonable guess band is January 3rd-8th.

Keep your expectations reasonble. Then, if you get your score on Dec. 31st, you can party like it's 2999.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby akili » Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:46 pm

kkklick wrote:
akili wrote:I heard it's -10 for a 180 guys. Seriously guys. -10. Guys. -10. it's gonna be a -40 curve.


I'm pretty sure we will hit this point in the next couple weeks. Honestly, I thought it was pretty easy minus the games that (admittedly) threw me for a loop. It'll be interesting to see how it turns out for sure.

You found LR easy? I thought it had quite a few tough ones.


My first section was definitely easy. The second was a little harder, but there weren't really any questions that I was just stumped at. LR tends to be my strongest (lately) anyways and I usually end up with -1 to -3 max.

I'm sure I'll get my score and regret saying it was easy though. It's hard for me to gauge accurately. Also, the LSAT gods hate me.

User avatar
Nulli Secundus
Posts: 2625
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:19 am

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby Nulli Secundus » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:53 pm

Well considering LSAC is closed for the entire week from 24th to 31st, I think scores will be out some day in January.

User avatar
shod_contessa
Posts: 8
Joined: Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:31 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby shod_contessa » Fri Dec 17, 2010 6:55 pm

I'm crossing my fingers for right after New Year's Weekend- January 4th.

It's not fair, at least Oct. test takers had apps to fill their time while they waited for scores. We, on the other hand, are stuck without even school to "distract" us.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13550
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby Flips88 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:21 pm

Just noticed on LSAC's website that the offices are closed from Christmas Eve to New Year's Eve. So does anyone think they'd have some offsite work done to release scores or automated system? Or that they'd just wait until they get back and release in 2011? I can't see them dropping the scores next week, but who knows.

User avatar
aesis
Posts: 323
Joined: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:26 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby aesis » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:25 pm

Flips88 wrote:Just noticed on LSAC's website that the offices are closed from Christmas Eve to New Year's Eve. So does anyone think they'd have some offsite work done to release scores or automated system? Or that they'd just wait until they get back and release in 2011? I can't see them dropping the scores next week, but who knows.


Scores were released in October around 8pm EST all the way into the wee hours of the morning. I'm pretty sure it's automated. So it could be any time really. I'd give it another week before we get neurotic though.

User avatar
akili
Posts: 1950
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:21 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby akili » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:45 am

Last December they were released when LSAC was "closed." There were a lot of jokes about the "skeleton crew" that was manning the office.

Arturo
Posts: 32
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: December LSAT Scores Released before New Year's

Postby Arturo » Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:10 pm

akili wrote:Last December they were released when LSAC was "closed." There were a lot of jokes about the "skeleton crew" that was manning the office.


OK good, so then that shouldn't be a factor since it wasn't before. Thanks.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], bns212, dg1090, eageragnostic, laqueredup and 14 guests