Sabbath Observers LSAT

banana613

Sabbath Observers LSAT

Postby banana613 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:52 pm

I've been feeling left out of all the post LSAT discussion. For those of you who took the LSAT with me today, thoughts?

Does anyone know if we have a different curve? If so, what do you predict it will be?

delusional

Re: Sabbath Observers LSAT

Postby delusional » Mon Dec 13, 2010 5:54 pm

banana613 wrote:I've been feeling left out of all the post LSAT discussion. For those of you who took the LSAT with me today, thoughts?

Does anyone know if we have a different curve? If so, what do you predict it will be?

I took it and did not find it to be particularly hard. I struggled with LG and RC, which was regular. The few LR that I had trouble with seem to have been experimental.
What's a standard curve? 10-ish? I think that makes sense.

delusional

Postby delusional » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:02 pm

In October, we had some nice discussion about the sabbath observers' LSAT. I hope that it's just taking a few hours to get rolling.

boush13

Postby boush13 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:33 pm

Does anybody know if this test also had a 102 questions? there were 27 rc, 23 lg, and one lr section of 26...I am unsure which of the other lr was experimental

banana613

Postby banana613 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:49 pm

I had LR (26) LG (23) LR (25) RC (27) and LR (26).
Test wasn't that bad. I didn't like the last game though (theater times), it took me a while to chart it which probably means that I lost a few points :(. RC wasn't terrible, but I was really rushed at the end. LR on the other hand was EASY. Hopefully I'll be semi-close to my PT range (though I never miss points on LG and I definitely did here, so who knows)....

Do we have the same curve as the regular test takers?

emjay

Postby emjay » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:58 pm

I thought the test was standard, except the RC was a little tough for me, the comparative passages (US/Canada v. Roman Law on blackmail) was hardest for me, I hated the second passage of that.

I would guess the curve is same or close to the Saturday test since they are technically supposed to be roughly the same difficulty as each other, or so LSAC claims, I guess we'll never know since its undisclosed.
Last edited by emjay on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

boush13

Postby boush13 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:05 pm

Did anyone have an experimental other than an LR? If so did you have 51 or 52 LR questions?

victer100

Postby victer100 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:21 pm

I think the LR 25 was the experimental one

I had LR LG LR RC LR

banana613

Postby banana613 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:30 pm

I'm not sure if this question is within the bounds of the rules, (if its not, disregard) but does anyone remember how many questions were in the last game (theater one)? I think that there were 7? I'm hoping I'm wrong....

delusional

Postby delusional » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:44 pm

banana613 wrote:I'm not sure if this question is within the bounds of the rules, (if its not, disregard) but does anyone remember how many questions were in the last game (theater one)? I think that there were 7? I'm hoping I'm wrong....

I do not remember the exact number. I did think it was a cute game. How did everyone feel about the LG in general? I thought it was relatively easy. If I hadn't mis-diagrammed the first game and dropped all my pencils in the middle, I would have finished easily. But I'm scared to say it after the Saturday test, for fear of causing an anti-Semitic backlash. On the other hand, we could end up with a terrible curve.

BrightLine

Postby BrightLine » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:36 pm

I guess to each person tests look different, but we are just giving opinions here so Ill go for it...

I thought todays test was very easy, one of the easiest I have seen. The 1st LG was so easy (im not sure if rules allow me to say what type of game so just imagine the easiest one in the easiest way, then easier than that I was sure it was experimental. The last game as mentioned here was a bit tricky but the "big deduction" was all you needed to make it a breeze.

RC was average, no big deal but nothing too easy.

The LR was very easy.

Again, just my opinion. I am not trying to make anyone who didnt find it an easy test worry. This was my 2nd time (June 2010) and after that I did not feel it went too well (168). Maybe I just got lucky in that this test was suited to my strengths or whatever but I am really confident. To those who feel differently, I hope you got what you wanted and if not there is always a retake.

BrightLine

Postby BrightLine » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:39 pm

Anyone have any idea how they work the curve for the sabbath observer test? I mean, how do you control for that? Suppose all Sabbath observers study hard or dont study or some other correlation that I cant think of.

Postby 2014 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:43 pm

The curve is figured out based on when the sections were experimentals, which they probably were for a normal Saturday administration. So you aren't competing against the other people taking it with you, you are competing against people who took it years ago as an experimental.

The curve will not necessarily be the same as the Saturday test either, it probably won't be actually.

BrightLine

Postby BrightLine » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:54 pm

2014 wrote:The curve is figured out based on when the sections were experimentals, which they probably were for a normal Saturday administration. So you aren't competing against the other people taking it with you, you are competing against people who took it years ago as an experimental.

The curve will not necessarily be the same as the Saturday test either, it probably won't be actually.

Thanks, and based on your explanation, I wouldn't think it would be the same as Saturday.

mikeman

Postby mikeman » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:00 pm

I can't say if it was easy or not, but I feel better than during the October sabbath observer one.. but that might be because of nerves more than anything. I felt that was an incredibly hard RC. This one wasn't as terrible, but who knows.

delusional

Postby delusional » Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:41 pm

BrightLine wrote:I guess to each person tests look different, but we are just giving opinions here so Ill go for it...

I thought todays test was very easy, one of the easiest I have seen. The 1st LG was so easy (im not sure if rules allow me to say what type of game so just imagine the easiest one in the easiest way, then easier than that I was sure it was experimental. The last game as mentioned here was a bit tricky but the "big deduction" was all you needed to make it a breeze.

The LR was very easy.

Again, just my opinion. I am not trying to make anyone who didnt find it an easy test worry. This was my 2nd time (June 2010) and after that I did not feel it went too well (168). Maybe I just got lucky in that this test was suited to my strengths or whatever but I am really confident. To those who feel differently, I hope you got what you wanted and if not there is always a retake.

I am getting really nervous about this now... I felt that LG was a relatively easy section, to the point I was hoping that it wasn't experimental, and indeed it wasn't. The first game was pie, and the next few were moderate. Only the grouping game lacked the "big inference."

I thought RC not particularly hard, but neither was it particularly easy... two questions had me guessing between a couple possibilities, but they were anomalous to the extent that I think that everyone who took the test could guess which they were. The last passage was dense, and it wasn't easy to finish on time, but with a little management, it was do-able. Informal conversations with people afterward suggested that most people felt the same way about the LG and RC sections.

I don't know that LR was particularly easy. I haven't recalled a question that I realized I got wrong, the way I did on the October test, but generally LR is my strong point. (This is assuming that the train station clock was experimental. Confirm or deny at will.)

Anyway, what's getting me nervous is a possible return to terribly hard curves, where my few inevitable mistakes on LG and RC will equate to a 168. Either that, or I totally missed the boat on this whole test, and there were lots of trick questions I missed.

A lot of my nerves are probably because of all the Saturday test complaints. Honestly, after taking PT 61, the difficulty was similar, I would say.

BrightLine

Postby BrightLine » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:20 am

delusional wrote:
BrightLine wrote:I guess to each person tests look different, but we are just giving opinions here so Ill go for it...

The LR was very easy.

I am getting really nervous about this now... I felt that LG was a relatively easy section, to the point I was hoping that it wasn't experimental, and indeed it wasn't. The first game was pie, and the next few were moderate. Only the grouping game lacked the "big inference."

I thought RC not particularly hard, but neither was it particularly easy... two questions had me guessing between a couple possibilities, but they were anomalous to the extent that I think that everyone who took the test could guess which they were. The last passage was dense, and it wasn't easy to finish on time, but with a little management, it was do-able. Informal conversations with people afterward suggested that most people felt the same way about the LG and RC sections.

I don't know that LR was particularly easy. I haven't recalled a question that I realized I got wrong, the way I did on the October test, but generally LR is my strong point. (This is assuming that the train station clock was experimental. Confirm or deny at will.)

Anyway, what's getting me nervous is a possible return to terribly hard curves, where my few inevitable mistakes on LG and RC will equate to a 168. Either that, or I totally missed the boat on this whole test, and there were lots of trick questions I missed.

A lot of my nerves are probably because of all the Saturday test complaints. Honestly, after taking PT 61, the difficulty was similar, I would say.

I guess some people view tests differently. I got a 171 on PT 161 and thought this one to be much easier. But everything just went well for me. Whereas in June my nerves hurt me, today I felt it kept me focused to the point that I finished each section with minutes to spare (unusual for me). But don't be nervous just because of one person, maybe this test just suited my strengths.

And complete cosign to hoping the LG werent experimental as I was doing them.

delusional

Postby delusional » Tue Dec 14, 2010 9:47 am

It's also worth remembering that there's more than one way to equate a test... Some tests can have a wicked LG which most people will skip, while others will have six super tricky LR questions scattered through the test, which will be less noticeable to most people.

delusional

Postby delusional » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:59 am

EDIT BY MOD: Heed the warnings posted all over this forum.

BrightLine

Postby BrightLine » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:20 am

EDIT BY MOD: Heed the warnings posted all over this forum.

josh20072

Postby josh20072 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:01 am

I'm trying to remember the RC order. I think it was
1. the Latina writers
3. Blackmail in the US
4. Agriculture

If anyone remembers the second passage please let me know.

JD=Doctor

Postby JD=Doctor » Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:48 pm

Who took the test in Inglewood, Ca by LAX?

banana613

Postby banana613 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 9:45 pm

anyone get their score yet? know what our curve was?

victer100

Postby victer100 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Did any Sabbath test takers get it back yet?

BrightLine

Postby BrightLine » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:13 pm

banana613 wrote:anyone get their score yet? know what our curve was?

I dont think we will ever know the curve.

https://os.lsac.org/Release/Help/LSAT.aspx

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”