for there were three LR sessions.

However, RC had a passage on Chinese Dialect
in San Francisco and one on forgery.
(can't remember others...)

Are the overseas exams different?
How is the curve applied then?

I had LR RC LR LR LG.

Can't figure out which LR was the exp.
Did anyone have LR with a guppy the fish?
Hope it is not the one that counts...
(I had stopped in the middle of it...)
Last edited by toro on Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:36 am, edited 6 times in total.

BlueDiamond

Re: Did anyone have Chinese Dialect for RC on Dec 2010

Postby BlueDiamond » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:35 am

Yes they are different.. and the LSAC doesn't curve the LSAT they use some form of test equating system.. so you will also likely have a different "curve" as far as number wrong for a 170

WayBryson

Postby WayBryson » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:38 am

You took the test in Asia, right;-) The tests are different in different places, and as a result, the curves to are also different. There is an "LSAT in Asia" and a "LSAT in Korea" thread posted somewhere.

lifeaway1985

Postby lifeaway1985 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:42 am

I got the Chinese dialect and art forgery. But I got two LG, and the easy one may be experimental. Do you feel RC and LG difficult?

toro

Postby toro » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:51 am

1st LR easy,
2nd RC - Reading OK... Q's? what the...
3rd LR - thought this one was experimental
(they weren't hard, but just weird...)
4th LR so so
5th LG - first three easy...
the last one about RST project
(I think the same as the US takers...)

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 am

lifeaway1985 wrote:I got the Chinese dialect and art forgery. But I got two LG, and the easy one may be experimental. Do you feel RC and LG difficult?

Yes, the really easy LG was experimental.

I felt the RC was tough. Readings were fine, but the questions addressed very general issues, as opposed to specific passages or paragraphs. This made finding supporting evidence harder. The last PT I had taken before this test was PT 43, which also had a difficult RC. I'd say the two RCs were similar in difficulty because I felt squeezed for time on both of them (and I usually finish easier RCs with 5 minutes to spare).

The first LR was fine, and I don't remember any problems. The second LR was easy up until the last 5-7 questions. I wish I had time to check over my answers.

LG was a mixed bag. The first three games were fine, and I finished them in 25 minutes. That left me 10 minutes for the hardest game, which I couldn't complain too much about. I just barely finished that last game, and one question really stumped me (couldn't get the right answer and had to end up guessing).

lifeaway1985

Postby lifeaway1985 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:48 am

Then I think the difficulity of tests outside US may be less than those in the US.

kpuc

Postby kpuc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:09 am

lifeaway1985 wrote:Then I think the difficulity of tests outside US may be less than those in the US.

It seems so this time (it will all depend on the scale though), but I don't think this is some kind of consistent standard.

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:14 am

Yep, I had Chinese dialects, hominids, one other passage, and art forgery for RC. Art forgery stumped me on a few questions, especially the title question. Overall, not bad though. But I usually do quite well on the reading sections.

I aced the 1st LG with time to spare, aced both LR's, and bombed the 2nd LG big time (I'm thinking maybe -11). I wasted a lot of time trying to find nonexistent deductions for game 2. Then, I just brute forced one question, used those hypos to answer the other questions, and had to guess on maybe 1.

Then, the same thing happened on game 3, only worse. I think I educated guessed on anywhere from 2-3 questions on that game. Then, I got 2 for sure on the last game, 1 or 2 educated guesses, and a butt load of blind guesses as the clock ran out.

5/5
4/6
3/5
2/7 = 14/23 LG. Moral of the story: don't waste tons of time trying to find big deductions prior to starting the game. I've always heard NOT to try to make deductions as you go along, but maybe this is exactly what I should have done?

Am I the only one who consistently has to rely on -0 LR for a decent score?

lifeaway1985

Postby lifeaway1985 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:20 am

niederbomb wrote:Yep, I had Chinese dialects, hominids, one other passage, and art forgery for RC. Art forgery stumped me on a few questions, especially the title question. Overall, not bad though. But I usually do quite well on the reading sections.

I aced the 1st LG with time to spare, aced both LR's, and bombed the 2nd LG big time (I'm thinking maybe -11). I wasted a lot of time trying to find nonexistent deductions for game 2. Then, I just brute forced one question, used those hypos to answer the other questions, and had to guess on maybe 1.

Then, the same thing happened on game 3, only worse. I think I educated guessed on anywhere from 2-3 questions on that game. Then, I got 2 for sure on the last game, 1 or 2 educated guesses, and a butt load of blind guesses as the clock ran out.

5/5
4/6
3/5
2/7 = 14/23 LG. Moral of the story: don't waste tons of time trying to find big deductions prior to starting the game. I've always heard NOT to try to make deductions as you go along, but maybe this is exactly what I should have done?

Do you -0LR during pretests?

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:20 am

lifeaway1985 wrote:
niederbomb wrote:Yep, I had Chinese dialects, hominids, one other passage, and art forgery for RC. Art forgery stumped me on a few questions, especially the title question. Overall, not bad though. But I usually do quite well on the reading sections.

5/5
4/6
3/5

Do you -0LR during pretests?

Sometimes, yes. Usually more like -1 or -2 for the whole test. It's necessary if you suck at LG as bad as I do.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”