December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

For Dec. 2010 takers: what do you think the 170 curve will be?

-8
12
6%
-9
3
1%
-10
12
6%
-11
14
6%
-12
37
17%
-13
46
21%
-14
64
30%
-15
17
8%
-16
11
5%
 
Total votes: 216

User avatar
well-hello-there
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby well-hello-there » Sun Dec 12, 2010 8:21 pm

I have done every single prep-test available and the LG wasn't even in the top 25 hardest sections. And I'm not that good on LG. (-4 in October) RC was stupid easy compared to October. LR, really not that bad either. Altogether, it reminded me of PT's 1-20 in easiness and this is definitely the easiest one since September 2009. My lowest PT score was 161 for PT-55 taken on September 09, 2010 and my highest PT score was 175 for the June 2007 test which I took only 5 days ago. I think the curve will be a -12 and that I will get a 170.

Tullstone
Posts: 89
Joined: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:00 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby Tullstone » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:06 pm

well-hello-there wrote:I have done every single prep-test available and the LG wasn't even in the top 25 hardest sections. And I'm not that good on LG. (-4 in October) RC was stupid easy compared to October. LR, really not that bad either. Altogether, it reminded me of PT's 1-20 in easiness and this is definitely the easiest one since September 2009. My lowest PT score was 161 for PT-55 taken on September 09, 2010 and my highest PT score was 175 for the June 2007 test which I took only 5 days ago. I think the curve will be a -12 and that I will get a 170.


if you didnt think that LG section was among the hardest, you didnt take the test. its absolutely objectively hard. This was much harder than last october.. and it had hybrid game type never seen before.

You make no sense.

User avatar
well-hello-there
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby well-hello-there » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:13 pm

dude yeah i did and when we all get our test booklets in January, all y'all complaining about how hard LG was are going to realize that you missed something REALLY big or mis-labeled your diagrams and made the games to be more work than they should have been. The first and last game combined should have taken you no more than 12 minutes.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby 2014 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:19 pm

Which one of the games wasn't seen before?

I didn't recall thinking any of them were THAT foreign. (Though time consuming yes)

User avatar
robotclubmember
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 am

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby robotclubmember » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:25 pm

well-hello-there wrote:I have done every single prep-test available and the LG wasn't even in the top 25 hardest sections. And I'm not that good on LG. (-4 in October) RC was stupid easy compared to October. LR, really not that bad either. Altogether, it reminded me of PT's 1-20 in easiness and this is definitely the easiest one since September 2009. My lowest PT score was 161 for PT-55 taken on September 09, 2010 and my highest PT score was 175 for the June 2007 test which I took only 5 days ago. I think the curve will be a -12 and that I will get a 170.


You're on crack. It was objectively harder.

User avatar
well-hello-there
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby well-hello-there » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:30 pm

robotclubmember wrote:You're on crack. It was objectively harder.

NO! My personal subjective experience proves you wrong!

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:38 pm

.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby testmachine45 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:41 pm

I am almost certain it will be -15 or -16 and willing to put money on it.

102 question test? Happened only one time before. Switching logic game difficulties so the hardest is first and the easiest last? Never happened. Reading Comp among the hardest Reading Comps? No space to write on the logic games? 5-6 tricky LRs(more than most tests, where it may be one or two at most). The fact that no one could really prepare for the games on this test(it was all just rout plugging in hypotheticals over and over)?

This was a monster test. and I am sure that with the amount of 175+ Practice Testers on this board who said they had to guess 4 or 5 completely randomly (and one 170 girl saying she is going to cancel cause this was significantly harder than October), that LSAC is going to have a -5 180 and thus I believe a -15 170.

Edit: It was a pressure cooker, especially the games, they really wanted to test how much of a robot you were.
Last edited by testmachine45 on Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2011Law
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby 2011Law » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:44 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
2014 wrote:Which one of the games wasn't seen before?

I didn't recall thinking any of them were THAT foreign. (Though time consuming yes)


Nothing brand new. The ways in which the games could be handled did not seem new at all. Two of them just sucked. I knew the second and third games would suck just by scanning what the situation in each one was and got the first and last ones out of the way. I think I would have done well on those two middle games if I had been allowed the use of a magnifying glass to make out the diagrams I had drawn on the pages and if I had been more diligent in observing a particular rule the first time I had selected three answer choices. Thank goodness I was able to erase and rebubble within the given time.


Someone else posted that the way this LG was different was that there were way fewer deductions to be made than in previous LGs, and I think that's right. Maybe this is why I took so long and didn't do so hot, but I don't remember making any major deductions for any of the games (if there were, post and maybe it will jog my memory). That meant that most questions did not have a quick answer.

Anomaly
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby Anomaly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:46 pm

-5 180? That is insane

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby testmachine45 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:47 pm

Anomaly wrote:-5 180? That is insane


They've had -4 in the past, look at June 2010. I am basically saying this is the hardest LSAT yet. They have also had -16 curves in 90s where there wasnt as much test prep - which I believe this test was trying to neutralize. I am seriously predicting -4,-5 180 and 15-16 170.

User avatar
well-hello-there
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby well-hello-there » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:50 pm

testmachine45 wrote:I am almost certain it will be -15 or -16 and willing to put money on it.

102 question test? Happened only one time before. Switching logic game difficulties so the hardest is first and the easiest last? Never happened. Reading Comp among the hardest Reading Comps? No space to write on the logic games? 5-6 tricky LRs(more than most tests, where it may be one or two at most). The fact that no one could really prepare for the games on this test(it was all just rout plugging in hypotheticals over and over)?

This was a monster test. and I am sure that with the amount of 175+ Practice Testers on this board who said they had to guess 4 or 5 completely randomly (and one 170 girl saying she is going to cancel cause this was significantly harder than October), that LSAC is going to have a -5 180 and thus I believe a -15 170.

No WAY! The lack of space on that first game was a total bluff. You didn't need much space for that game. Off the top of my head, I don't remember a LG EVER that was taking up more space on the page than that first one and I immediately thought "they're bluffing" and I was right. It was easy. I think that must have psychologically messed with a lot of people and THAT is why they ended up doing bad. As for RC, excluding Sep. 2009, it was the easiest RC in the newest 10 tests.

Anomaly
Posts: 151
Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:55 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby Anomaly » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:51 pm

That would be really super awesome...butI don't think anyone who gets -5 on this test deserves a 180. But hey, maybe that's just me.

User avatar
well-hello-there
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby well-hello-there » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:56 pm

2011Law wrote:Someone else posted that the way this LG was different was that there were way fewer deductions to be made than in previous LGs, and I think that's right. That meant that most questions did not have a quick answer.

Wrong! What this usually means is that ALL of the questions have a quick answer because there ARE no big deductions. When that happens, look for a lot of answer choices being eliminated just from the initial rules. A lot of times A, B, and C answers will be time traps and then either D or E won't violate any of the rules and will be correct.

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby testmachine45 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:56 pm

well-hello-there wrote:
testmachine45 wrote:I am almost certain it will be -15 or -16 and willing to put money on it.

102 question test? Happened only one time before. Switching logic game difficulties so the hardest is first and the easiest last? Never happened. Reading Comp among the hardest Reading Comps? No space to write on the logic games? 5-6 tricky LRs(more than most tests, where it may be one or two at most). The fact that no one could really prepare for the games on this test(it was all just rout plugging in hypotheticals over and over)?

This was a monster test. and I am sure that with the amount of 175+ Practice Testers on this board who said they had to guess 4 or 5 completely randomly (and one 170 girl saying she is going to cancel cause this was significantly harder than October), that LSAC is going to have a -5 180 and thus I believe a -15 170.

No WAY! The lack of space on that first game was a total bluff. You didn't need much space for that game. Off the top of my head, I don't remember a LG EVER that was taking up more space on the page than that first one and I immediately thought "they're bluffing" and I was right. It was easy. I think that must have psychologically messed with a lot of people and THAT is why they ended up doing bad. As for RC, excluding Sep. 2009, it was the easiest RC in the newest 10 tests.


I don't get your point. So what if you never saw a LG taking up more space than the 1st game(stained)? You definitely needed space because it was all hypotheticals. So I disagree with you.

Canadiana
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby Canadiana » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:57 pm

LG is 23 out of 102 questions. Two of the LG questions were not difficult, though one was at the end. LR and RC were not especially difficult. 12ish difficult questions on LG will not be enough for an unprecedented curve. It will be -12 or -13.

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby testmachine45 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:59 pm

Canadiana wrote:LG is 23 out of 102 questions. Two of the LG questions were not difficult, though one was at the end. LR and RC were not especially difficult. 12ish difficult questions on LG will not be enough for an unprecedented curve. It will be -12 or -13.


I disagree. I disagree because the strategies we learned were all put neutralized on this test. Has anyone ever seen LG arrainged where the first is not the easiest?

User avatar
confusedlawyer
Posts: 136
Joined: Thu May 27, 2010 11:21 am

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby confusedlawyer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:00 pm

testmachine45 wrote:
Canadiana wrote:LG is 23 out of 102 questions. Two of the LG questions were not difficult, though one was at the end. LR and RC were not especially difficult. 12ish difficult questions on LG will not be enough for an unprecedented curve. It will be -12 or -13.


I disagree. I disagree because the strategies we learned were all put neutralized on this test. Has anyone ever seen LG arrainged where the first is not the easiest?


I don't know what order you got, but I got the ordering game that took up a lot of space first, that wasn't the hardest game it was the 2nd easiest. Hardest was Conferences, stained glass close 2nd, which I got 2nd.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby 2014 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:01 pm

If it's -5 for 180 I will cry with joy.

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby testmachine45 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:02 pm

confusedlawyer wrote:
testmachine45 wrote:
Canadiana wrote:LG is 23 out of 102 questions. Two of the LG questions were not difficult, though one was at the end. LR and RC were not especially difficult. 12ish difficult questions on LG will not be enough for an unprecedented curve. It will be -12 or -13.


I disagree. I disagree because the strategies we learned were all put neutralized on this test. Has anyone ever seen LG arrainged where the first is not the easiest?


I don't know what order you got, but I got the ordering game that took up a lot of space first, that wasn't the hardest game it was the 2nd easiest. Hardest was Conferences, stained glass close 2nd, which I got 2nd.


Had stained glass 1st. No space.

User avatar
well-hello-there
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby well-hello-there » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:03 pm

confusedlawyer wrote:I don't know what order you got, but I got the ordering game that took up a lot of space first, that wasn't the hardest game it was the 2nd easiest. Hardest was Conferences, stained glass close 2nd, which I got 2nd.

+1

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby testmachine45 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:03 pm

testmachine45 wrote:
confusedlawyer wrote:
testmachine45 wrote:
Canadiana wrote:LG is 23 out of 102 questions. Two of the LG questions were not difficult, though one was at the end. LR and RC were not especially difficult. 12ish difficult questions on LG will not be enough for an unprecedented curve. It will be -12 or -13.


I disagree. I disagree because the strategies we learned were all put neutralized on this test. Has anyone ever seen LG arrainged where the first is not the easiest?


I don't know what order you got, but I got the ordering game that took up a lot of space first, that wasn't the hardest game it was the 2nd easiest. Hardest was Conferences, stained glass close 2nd, which I got 2nd.


Had stained glass 1st. No space.


How is that possible? That's impossible that they provided no space for a different game than they provided to me.

User avatar
well-hello-there
Posts: 320
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:38 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby well-hello-there » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:04 pm

testmachine45 wrote:Had stained glass 1st. No space.

You absolutely did not.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby KevinP » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:04 pm

testmachine45 wrote:
Canadiana wrote:LG is 23 out of 102 questions. Two of the LG questions were not difficult, though one was at the end. LR and RC were not especially difficult. 12ish difficult questions on LG will not be enough for an unprecedented curve. It will be -12 or -13.


I disagree. I disagree because the strategies we learned were all put neutralized on this test. Has anyone ever seen LG arrainged where the first is not the easiest?


Yes, this has happened before.

I still think it's pretty freaking screwed up they put that section as my freaking 5th section, no space to draw on on the first problem, and 2 weird ass logic games, and the easiest at the end. This is my 3rd retake and last chance this cycle and they decide to completely screw me.

testmachine45
Posts: 243
Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:09 am

Re: December 2010 Curve Prediction Poll

Postby testmachine45 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:05 pm

well-hello-there wrote:
testmachine45 wrote:Had stained glass 1st. No space.

You absolutely did not.


Seriously did. What did you have?




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: batlaw, BobBoblaw, chichi1992, curry1, dianersg, judill, LobLaw_LawFirm, mathis1490, mrgstephe, Snowjon and 9 guests