i left the test feeling....and now i feel....

chrissyc

Re: i left the test feeling....and now i feel....

Postby chrissyc » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:49 pm

dar1ism wrote:I think the best way to determine your score is to scour the December 2010 threads, finding the opinions of people who most likely approach critical thinking in a very different way than you, and determine your score off their opinions. :evil:

I don't understand why you'd be so sarcastic and simply unpleasant...i'm not asking how to determine what my score is...I simply would like to know if my experience is similar to others. is it bad to ask others who are going through the same process if they are feeling the same emotions?

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:31 am

hmm...i guess no one else is really experiencing this sort of thing. I think I've done OK. now it's application time. I'm getting them ALL in today and tomorrow.

northwood

Postby northwood » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:35 am

thats the spirit!

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:36 am

I felt really good about LR, really good about RC, and unsure of 6 LG questions, although I did make very educated guesses on those 6 I didn't blindly guess. Now I feel about the same, but have been playing scenarios of anywhere between 162 and 172.

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:51 am

kkklick wrote:I felt really good about LR, really good about RC, and unsure of 6 LG questions, although I did make very educated guesses on those 6 I didn't blindly guess. Now I feel about the same, but have been playing scenarios of anywhere between 162 and 172.

that's a wide range. was it your first time? where are you hoping to go? I'm thinking 162-167...hoping at least.

jazzmastersc

Postby jazzmastersc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:13 pm

chrissyc wrote:
dar1ism wrote:I think the best way to determine your score is to scour the December 2010 threads, finding the opinions of people who most likely approach critical thinking in a very different way than you, and determine your score off their opinions. :evil:

I don't understand why you'd be so sarcastic and simply unpleasant...i'm not asking how to determine what my score is...I simply would like to know if my experience is similar to others. is it bad to ask others who are going through the same process if they are feeling the same emotions?

I used to despise TLS because everyone seemed pretentious, sarcastic and unpleasant. Now you guys are pseudo-imaginary friends and my gf has to pry me away from the forum on occasion to eat and sleep.

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:19 pm

jazzmastersc wrote:
chrissyc wrote:

I used to despise TLS because everyone seemed pretentious, sarcastic and unpleasant. Now you guys are pseudo-imaginary friends and my gf has to pry me away from the forum on occasion to eat and sleep.

My BF gets mad at me. He thinks that people just blow hot air up one another's a**es on here for fun. I try to tell him that in general it's quite useful but he's not buying it. lol. I'd love to meet people on here and then meet them once we arrive at law school. I will be in a new state and literally know no one. That's kind of scary. At least in undergrad I was in the same state, nope...not law school.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:20 pm

I left the test feeling shitty.... and now I feel even shittier

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:21 pm

KevinP wrote:I left the test feeling shitty.... and now I feel even shittier

Story of my life.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:24 pm

gambelda wrote:

Story of my life.

I'm guessing you didn't do so well either on the test?

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:30 pm

KevinP wrote:
gambelda wrote:

Story of my life.

Never missed more than 1 in a LG in 45 PT's. Bombed stained glass windows. Had to outright guess on 4 of the questions and not even sure if the ones I didn't guess on are fully correct. RC is my worst section so of course I get an experimental RC AND the real RC as the very first section. Felt like I bombed the real RC and did well on the experimental. Can't even remember the LR sections but I started doing the "this seems most right strategy" instead of the "I can eliminate these 4 so this one is right" strategy. And whenever I do that I miss a ton.

Usually PT'd at 167-171. Goal: 170. Felt like I scored a 158. 4 pts lower than my diagnostic.

krad

Postby krad » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:34 pm

Ragged wrote:OP thats normal. I think the best indicator of how you did is how you felt coming out. After October I felt fantastic. As the time went on I started to freak out more and more. I ended up getting a slightly lower score than the range I predicted, due to an unusually high number of dumb mistakes (I'd say I got unlucky), but it was still a very decent score.

The fact that you found certain parts of the test easy while others here thought they were tough should only tell you that you probably did well.

Your main task now should be to stay away from TLS and try not to worry about it too much.

TITCR.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:36 pm

gambelda wrote:
KevinP wrote:
gambelda wrote:

Story of my life.

Never missed more than 1 in a LG in 45 PT's. Bombed stained glass windows. Had to outright guess on 4 of the questions and not even sure if the ones I didn't guess on are fully correct. RC is my worst section so of course I get an experimental RC AND the real RC as the very first section. Felt like I bombed the real RC and did well on the experimental. Can't even remember the LR sections but I started doing the "this seems most right strategy" instead of the "I can eliminate these 4 so this one is right" strategy. And whenever I do that I miss a ton.

Usually PT'd at 167-171. Goal: 170. Felt like I scored a 158. 4 pts lower than my diagnostic.

Ouch. Same here.... I generally kill LG but this one was just freaking set up in such a way to as to screw me. Since this is my 3rd retake and only chance to apply this cycle, I'm going to wait it out and hope for a miracle.

FlanSolo

Postby FlanSolo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:41 pm

I felt pretty decent coming out. Felt really good about LR and RC and still do. Felt OK about games -- know I did fine on the "no diagram space question" and the last one, think I did OK but not great on stained glass, and thought I had done OK on conferences. But then I woke up this morning and realized I did conferences [Nope. Not here, either. Do NOT discuss specifics of the LSAT on these boards. Another attempt to do so WILL result in a little TLS vacation. Thank you. - MODS] I know I got the first question on this game right but am now pretty confident I got every remaining question on the game wrong. It's possible I got lucky, but generally if you approach a game with incorrect interpretation of the rules you're fucked.

So overall, not bad, but definitely feeling worse than when I left the test. Still not as bad as October when I dominated the experimental LGs, got the second LGs, panicked and took a -14 on that section and didn't even bubble 4 questions.

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:43 pm

KevinP wrote:
Ouch. Same here.... I generally kill LG but this one was just freaking set up in such a way to as to screw me. Since this is my 3rd retake and only chance to apply this cycle, I'm going to wait it out and hope for a miracle.

I have 1 absence and now debating a cancel. I really don't look forward to studying another 7 months of this though. Aso, I don't think an absence and a cancel look very good - but better than a 158 + 170 (goal) I suppose.

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:53 pm

gambelda wrote:
KevinP wrote:

I have 1 absence and now debating a cancel. I really don't look forward to studying another 7 months of this though. Aso, I don't think an absence and a cancel look very good - but better than a 158 + 170 (goal) I suppose.

I don't think that a 158/170 would look bad at all. At least then you'd be able to see if you actually messed up. Are you certain that you did as badly as you think you did? What if the curve is generous?

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:57 pm

chrissyc wrote:
kkklick wrote:I felt really good about LR, really good about RC, and unsure of 6 LG questions, although I did make very educated guesses on those 6 I didn't blindly guess. Now I feel about the same, but have been playing scenarios of anywhere between 162 and 172.

that's a wide range. was it your first time? where are you hoping to go? I'm thinking 162-167...hoping at least.

Yea, RC and LR I always have a hard time judging because sometimes even when I feel 100% about an answer I overlooked a key piece of info. It's my 3rd time, I'm never good at guessing my score though.

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:02 pm

chrissyc wrote:
gambelda wrote:
KevinP wrote:

I don't think that a 158/170 would look bad at all. At least then you'd be able to see if you actually messed up. Are you certain that you did as badly as you think you did? What if the curve is generous?

I am positive I did very poor. I would say at the worst case scenario, -8 RC, -6 LR, -6 LR, - 5 LG. Way way way worse than my PT average. I rememebr finishing the real RC passage and then saying please god let there be another RC passage in here and let the first one be experimental. There was....but it was the experimental one. So worst case scenario, I have -25. That is absolutely atrocious.

I'm shooting for Chicago, Michigan, Northwestern or Berkley. If I can't get into either of those 4, I'm not going to law school. I've already decided. GPA is 3.92. Have 1 solid year of great WE after graduation. If these schools consider lower scores, then I don't see how I can possibly accept this administration's score.

dlbuhr

Postby dlbuhr » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:07 pm

ziggie wrote:Just a warning, your feeling right after the test is gonna be the most accurate! Right after the test I called my parents and told them I thought I had gotten a 163. Everyday that went by after that, it seemed like my score got lower in my mind. Right before the scores came out I was expecting a low to mid 150s. I got a 163. Maybe it's just me, but the more I thought about the test, the more mistakes I thought I had made, don't overanalyze it :)

+1
Left October feeling incredibly disappointed and expected about a 160. Ended up with a 159. IMO if you've been taking practice tests you know how to gauge your performance fairly accurately afterwards.

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:09 pm

I left feeling ok, but now I feel pretty damn good.

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:17 pm

DukeCornell wrote:I left feeling ok, but now I feel pretty damn good.

good good. have you taken it before? are your apps in?
Last edited by chrissyc on Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lilliea

Postby lilliea » Mon Dec 13, 2010 6:49 pm

This is my second time taking the test, and I don't really have any idea of how I did. I felt like I was in a fog when I walked out of the test, and now I feel...okay. The games threw me, but I feel like I really only guessed on one of them. I think it will all boil down to which LR section was experimental.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”