Application advice Please help! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
2011L1

New

Application advice Please help!

Post by 2011L1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:17 pm

RC -usually my weakest section-8 those damn lichens and the last section was a rush the middle 2 were fair
LR -3 It felt pretty good nothing too crazy this one counted also
LR- exp and I knew it so I handled it like my exp -5
LG -1 It was cool I did a perfect job of forecasting the game from previous tests I expected the conditionals were going to reign and looked over it last night
LR -6 I was wore down and I didn't finish last 3 questions and I was unsure about 3 questions.

so total 84 raw which gives me a 166 under Oct scale and I'm hoping this one will be similar or better. I am URM and looking to apply to Fordham, NYU, Columbia, and Yale (long shot). I am in my 30's and I have been successful in my professional career. I have a 3.2 from undergrad 12 years ago. any opinions?

SupraVln180

Silver

Re: Application advice Please help!

Post by SupraVln180 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:27 pm

No need for the double post. Given URM status:

3.2/166

GPA is a little low, but nevertheless:

In at Fordham with $$$
50/50 at NYU
25% at Columbia
Out any lower than CCN (In otherwords, Harvard & Yale Out)

With that being said, URM's cycles are wildly unpredictable, you might hit all these schools, you might get dinged at Fordham (probably not though). Rule of thumb is add 8 points to you're LSAT which would be a 174, with a 3.2 you still probably aren't good at NYU or Columbia without ED. However, depending on the URM applicant pool this cycle, you may be good at those two schools. You from NYC?

2011L1

New

Re: Application advice Please help!

Post by 2011L1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:43 pm

SupraVln180 wrote:No need for the double post. Given URM status:

3.2/166

GPA is a little low, but nevertheless:

In at Fordham with $$$
50/50 at NYU
25% at Columbia
Out any lower than CCN (In otherwords, Harvard & Yale Out)

With that being said, URM's cycles are wildly unpredictable, you might hit all these schools, you might get dinged at Fordham (probably not though). Rule of thumb is add 8 points to you're LSAT which would be a 174, with a 3.2 you still probably aren't good at NYU or Columbia without ED. However, depending on the URM applicant pool this cycle, you may be good at those two schools. You from NYC?
Yes from NYC Thanks for advice. I'm gonna bank on PS have a very interesting story and backround, but really solid career and extremely active in community service

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”