RC-LR-LG-LG-LR Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
ocplaytime

New

RC-LR-LG-LG-LR

Post by ocplaytime » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:14 pm

I was hoping to come back from break to see another RC since the 1850 kinda messed with me. Also went -0/1 on the first LG and now I want to break every stained glass I ever see.

How did you guys feel about it? Hoping for a -15 curve....

korealize

New

Re: RC-LR-LG-LG-LR

Post by korealize » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:15 pm

Had this. They should have reversed the order of the LGs; having the easy one first makes you think almost beyond a doubt that the bullshittery on the real LG was the experimental one. Worst possible test order.

ffonsok

New

Post by ffonsok » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:16 pm

dude story of my life. I went 0/-1 on first LG and in the back of my mind I KNEW it was too easy. It was like the tests from the 30s.

When I came back from break and saw the second LG, my heart sank. I know I messed up on that section hardcore. I hope I was able to keep my cool to round out the last LR.

Honestly I'd be amazed if I broke 159.

ffonsok

New

Post by ffonsok » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:17 pm

korealize wrote:Had this. They should have reversed the order of the LGs; having the easy one first makes you think almost beyond a doubt that the bullshittery on the real LG was the experimental one. Worst possible test order.
Yeah the real LG was messy. I dont even remember the first question.

2011Law

Silver

Post by 2011Law » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:18 pm

korealize wrote:Had this. They should have reversed the order of the LGs; having the easy one first makes you think almost beyond a doubt that the bullshittery on the real LG was the experimental one. Worst possible test order.
Also had this. Am I the only one that did worse on the experimental than the real LG? I think maybe its cause it got me warmed for the real one.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

ocplaytime

New

Post by ocplaytime » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:20 pm

Also, what the fuck was up with 3-7ish of the last LR right after the ridiculous games? I was on number four still thinking about stained glasses and realized how hard these first LRs are. First I thought they have to be easy and I've just lost it but my friend felt the same way. I thought first few were alot harder than the last 4.

agora139

Bronze

Post by agora139 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:35 pm

2011Law wrote:
Also had this. Am I the only one that did worse on the experimental than the real LG? I think maybe its cause it got me warmed for the real one.

i contemplated walking out after the experimental LG--i guessed on a lot of them and ran out of time, disaster. the (stained glass window) real games section i also thought was hard and probably didn't do great on (skipped the 3rd game to do the 4th and came back to it later) but the first LG section killed me.

clarsen

New

Post by clarsen » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:52 pm

I got to experience all-time LG highs and lows in an 85 minute time span. I was so pumped after completing the games in section 3, and was just telling myself that I am having the test of my life. Unfortunately, moments later I caught a glimpse of section 4 and realized it was also LG (SHIT!). During the break I just told myself I had a great section, and it was perfect practice for the real thing. Ugh, unfortunately I could have never expected the hardest LG section I have seen. I'm hoping for the best, but I would be feeling a lot better if I could have had the first section of games.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:00 pm

when I got to LG 1 2 games in I knew something was up, the games were painfully easy. I thought either this would be a -9 curve test or more likely, LG was coming up.

WHY SO MANY HYPOS??!?!? IMO having games that are hypo heavy just reduce it to a freaking puzzle.... no logic in that really.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ocplaytime

New

Post by ocplaytime » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Someone please give me insight on the start of the last LR before I finish this bottle lol

aesis

Bronze

Post by aesis » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:26 pm

I did not notice any particularly hard LR's in either of the openings. Sorry man. Except, like one.

phannahan44

New

Post by phannahan44 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:30 pm

ffonsok wrote:dude story of my life. I went 0/-1 on first LG and in the back of my mind I KNEW it was too easy. It was like the tests from the 30s.

When I came back from break and saw the second LG, my heart sank. I know I messed up on that section hardcore. I hope I was able to keep my cool to round out the last LR.

Dude. Same!

What a nightmare.

Worst test order possible. I was feeling terrific at the break and then, of course, section 4 is another GAMES section, and 5x as difficult. Still depressed.

aesis

Bronze

Post by aesis » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:38 pm

phannahan44 wrote:
ffonsok wrote:dude story of my life. I went 0/-1 on first LG and in the back of my mind I KNEW it was too easy. It was like the tests from the 30s.

Dude. Same!

What a nightmare.

Worst test order possible. I was feeling terrific at the break and then, of course, section 4 is another GAMES section, and 5x as difficult. Still depressed.
Hardly!
Imagine all the depression and panic that sets in if you had that hard of an LG your FIRST section. It would ruin your entire test. Be thankful you had an easy experimental LG to warm up before you actually took the ridiculousness that is stained glass.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:45 pm

I just remembered that I was in such a daze after LG that it took me 5 minutes to realize my writing answer sheet was inside my test booklet. I was just staring blankly trying to put together what just happened, how had LSAC thrown 2 games that were almost indecipherable at me?

confusedlawyer

Bronze

Post by confusedlawyer » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:35 pm

aesis wrote:I did not notice any particularly hard LR's in either of the openings. Sorry man. Except, like one.
I agree and disagree, there were LR's in the first 14 Q's on the harder one, that were tricky if you missed something. I think I got most of them but it ook extra time, LSAT is trying to mess up the "do the first 15 in 15" rule that most top scorers go by. They are counting on the fact that your trying to rush through the easy ones so they trap those who are trying to read quick and push the Q's out of the way.

verklempt

Bronze

Post by verklempt » Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:48 pm

I had this order and thought the second LR had tougher questions than the first LR. I know everyone does not get the same order of tests, but it would be good to get the tougher test when you're fresher, you know? With the LG, though, it was just downright depressing to come back from break and face that stained glass and the conferees. If I had known how brutal the second half would be, I would have, I don't know, carbo-loaded during the break. And it's insane that they expect you to do all this heavy duty thinking and you're not even allowed a sip of water. Especially when the proctors are at the front drinking and snacking.

chopper

New

Post by chopper » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:56 pm

I had this order.

I thought the first LG was pretty much on par in terms of difficulty with my practice tests. I then took the 2nd LG and assumed it was the Experimental section, since it was way harder.

Also, I did feel the 2nd LR was harder, but that may be because doing that difficult LG section before it threw me off.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

RefleX

New

Post by RefleX » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:00 am

I had the same setup. When I saw logic games again, I almost lost it. I KNOW that I got 3 sections 100% correct on the EXP. The other was a 2 correct with a few guesses. At the very worst I was getting a -6, realistically like a -3 or -4. I was so friggin pissed off.

cindy66

New

Post by cindy66 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:48 pm

chopper wrote:I had this order.

I thought the first LG was pretty much on par in terms of difficulty with my practice tests. I then took the 2nd LG and assumed it was the Experimental section, since it was way harder.

Also, I did feel the 2nd LR was harder, but that may be because doing that difficult LG section before it threw me off.
ditto

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:53 pm

I had this order, having RC first pissed me off, but ripping through the lichens passage with good accuracy built my confidence so it wasn't too bad. I got the harder of the 2 LR sections first, which kind of messed with me because I spent too much time on the first 17 or so. I knew the third was fake, the 4th game was hard, but the questions on some of the games were literall plug in the stipulation and consult the rules with a quick and easy answer. The real LG, I was ready, but stainless glass quickly turned readiness into paranoia. As well LR last was fine, LR is usually the only section that at the end of the test I can still perform well. This was the best order I've had in the 3 administrations. The other 2 I had experimental RC, which is my worst section.

whirledpeas86

Silver

Post by whirledpeas86 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:36 pm

*sigh* I had this set up and it nearly killed me.

I slammed the exp LG in section 3 and could kind of see through the paper to the first page of section 4 so I assumed it would be a RC because the page was totally full of text. When I flipped the page after break to section 4, it took me a few minutes for my brain to register exactly what I was looking at: Is it RC? No, there's no long passage. Oh okay, must be LR, since it's a bunch of short questions. Oh wait...It can't be...FUUUUUUUU!

That was like some sort of mental waterboarding. I hate you, LSAC.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

ramblingace

New

Post by ramblingace » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:47 pm

I felt that the real LG was hard but fair....and a bit better than the experimental LG. The RC was fair, too.

But I felt that the LR were really terrible! They were certainly harder than many prac tests. And the LR sections are usually my best sections!

goodmama

New

Post by goodmama » Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:54 pm

I agree, I found the LR a lot harder then other tests when I got -4 or -5. I feel like i got at least -9 per LR, plus a shitty LG, and who knows with RC.

I am close to canceling...a curve cannot save a diaster.

But maybe I guessed right :roll: .... :cry:

angua

Bronze

Post by angua » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”