ketogenic diet Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
vttran9

New

ketogenic diet

Post by vttran9 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:21 pm

I may be opening a can of worms with this but oh well.

For those who know what a Cyclic ketogenic diet is, I would recommend trying it while studying for the LSAT. Its a diet for body builders.

I've been on this diet for a month now while studying for the LSAT. I was able to eliminate coffee and did not have to worry about fatigue. It basically eliminated any physical factor that would affect test performance. Its a very difficult diet but the LSAT was good motivation.

Adjudicator

Silver

Re: ketogenic diet

Post by Adjudicator » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:23 pm

I was on a diet of this type when I took the October test and I got a 175.

However, I will not be arguing about nutrition in this forum... I'm just not interested in getting into it.

Tullstone

New

Post by Tullstone » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:30 pm

vttran9 wrote:I may be opening a can of worms with this but oh well.

For those who know what a Cyclic ketogenic diet is, I would recommend trying it while studying for the LSAT. Its a diet for body builders.

I've been on this diet for a month now while studying for the LSAT. I was able to eliminate coffee and did not have to worry about fatigue. It basically eliminated any physical factor that would affect test performance. Its a very difficult diet but the LSAT was good motivation.
During the lsat, i always bring the same three things for a snack:

Strawberry lemonade powerade
Cashews
Beef Jerky
Gala Apple

Sugar, Monounsaturated fats, and slow digesting proteins!!

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:36 pm

I actually tried to go back on one a couple days ago since my folks commented on a "night and day" difference in my cognition. Started getting headaches. I had to go off last night because I didn't want to risk a headache during the test, or risk taking opioid pain relievers.

Oh well, I'm enjoying my carbs now. F-U, LSAC.

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:41 pm

I think general diet improvements/exercise would be easier and about as useful for the exam compared to carb cycles (which I'd prefer high protein ones anyway).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”