ketogenic diet

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
vttran9

New

ketogenic diet

Postby vttran9 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:21 pm

I may be opening a can of worms with this but oh well.

For those who know what a Cyclic ketogenic diet is, I would recommend trying it while studying for the LSAT. Its a diet for body builders.

I've been on this diet for a month now while studying for the LSAT. I was able to eliminate coffee and did not have to worry about fatigue. It basically eliminated any physical factor that would affect test performance. Its a very difficult diet but the LSAT was good motivation.

Adjudicator

Silver

Re: ketogenic diet

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:23 pm

I was on a diet of this type when I took the October test and I got a 175.

However, I will not be arguing about nutrition in this forum... I'm just not interested in getting into it.

Tullstone

New

Postby Tullstone » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:30 pm

vttran9 wrote:I may be opening a can of worms with this but oh well.

For those who know what a Cyclic ketogenic diet is, I would recommend trying it while studying for the LSAT. Its a diet for body builders.

I've been on this diet for a month now while studying for the LSAT. I was able to eliminate coffee and did not have to worry about fatigue. It basically eliminated any physical factor that would affect test performance. Its a very difficult diet but the LSAT was good motivation.

During the lsat, i always bring the same three things for a snack:

Strawberry lemonade powerade
Cashews
Beef Jerky
Gala Apple

Sugar, Monounsaturated fats, and slow digesting proteins!!

joebloe

Bronze

Postby joebloe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:36 pm

I actually tried to go back on one a couple days ago since my folks commented on a "night and day" difference in my cognition. Started getting headaches. I had to go off last night because I didn't want to risk a headache during the test, or risk taking opioid pain relievers.

Oh well, I'm enjoying my carbs now. F-U, LSAC.

gens1tb

Bronze

Postby gens1tb » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:41 pm

I think general diet improvements/exercise would be easier and about as useful for the exam compared to carb cycles (which I'd prefer high protein ones anyway).

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum�