Misbubbling Q -- Handscore

freon

Misbubbling Q -- Handscore

Postby freon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:01 pm

I know these questions come up every administration, but I fear I may have misbubbled a section (LG) in which I skipped a row and continued bubbling down, thus leaving me with 24 questions as opposed to the 23 that are credited. Considering that each question would be transposed one down from its original number, is it possible to have it hand-scored in the event that I did misbubble?

Just trying to get some advice on what to do next. Thanks.

BTW, I already have a score and I am applying this cycle.

FishOil

Re: Misbubbling Q -- Handscore

Postby FishOil » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:04 pm

You can have it handscored and they will correct it accordingly if the mistake is obvious. I was in this boat for the October test, but got my score back before they handscored it. I liked the score and called in to retract my handscore (no charge) :).

freon

Postby freon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:12 pm

FishOil wrote:You can have it handscored and they will correct it accordingly if the mistake is obvious. I was in this boat for the October test, but got my score back before they handscored it. I liked the score and called in to retract my handscore (no charge) :).

Nice! I was under the impression that they didn't use discretion with these things and that they wouldn't change your score unless it was a smudging or machine-failure type of thing.

FishOil

Postby FishOil » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:16 pm

From my situation last time they do use discretion. I called in two separate times and explained my exact situation to different LSAC people. Both said that they would be able to help me (I took down their names just in case :)).

Although I can't vouch 100% as I retracted the request.

jsong10

Postby jsong10 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:24 pm

i did that for the oct test. i had a bad feeling that i misbubbled, and i did. i skipped line 9 and shifted all my answers from 9-25 one spot. i was freaking out when i got my score (like 10 points lower than my pts), and freaked out even more when i realized i misbubbled. emailed lsac right away describing the exact mistake, and they hand-scored my test the next business day. Got my "real" score within 2 days. if it is something really obvious like this (i mean i had#26 bubbled when there were 25 questions), they will help you out for your silly mistake.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”