SeattleU test center

fosterp

SeattleU test center

Postby fosterp » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:00 pm

Anyone annoyed by the quality of the test experience considering all the good reviews of this test center? I realize it wasn't their "normal" place but anywhere could have been better than a huge room with 200 people, the windows all open so we can hear the police sirens blaring past us every 5 minutes, and having to share tables, mine of which had an even table leg so the entire test the table was rocking back and forth between me and the other guy. Plus I had the stupid fat proctor lady stand over my shoulder for what seemed like an eternity twice during the test, and then on top of it all, they simply forgot to pick up my test book after the fifth section and I had to sit there during the entire writing section wondering WTF I did that they just skipped me (apparently I didn't do anything they just fucked up, how do you miss my booklet sitting on the table in plain view?)

The lighting could have been better too, a huge ballroom is not exactly the best environment for reading intense material.

NZA

Re: SeattleU test center

Postby NZA » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:54 pm

fosterp wrote:Anyone annoyed by the quality of the test experience considering all the good reviews of this test center? I realize it wasn't their "normal" place but anywhere could have been better than a huge room with 200 people, the windows all open so we can hear the police sirens blaring past us every 5 minutes, and having to share tables, mine of which had an even table leg so the entire test the table was rocking back and forth between me and the other guy. Plus I had the stupid fat proctor lady stand over my shoulder for what seemed like an eternity twice during the test, and then on top of it all, they simply forgot to pick up my test book after the fifth section and I had to sit there during the entire writing section wondering WTF I did that they just skipped me (apparently I didn't do anything they just fucked up, how do you miss my booklet sitting on the table in plain view?)

The lighting could have been better too, a huge ballroom is not exactly the best environment for reading intense material.

:( I had posted about this earlier, because I went to SU and took it in 2009 in the law school.

This really sucks. I don't think you'd be amiss in at least writing SU and telling them this was unacceptable, and that they should adjust their practices in the future.

clarsen

Postby clarsen » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:39 pm

I am also surprised by the high reviews for the SU test center. I took the October test at SU and found it a little overwhelming. The check-in process was a bit of a mess, waiting 30-40 minutes in line, and then not really knowing when to go into the test room just added to my anxiety. It's too bad that things were so much worse today, but I would also suggest writing a letter to SU and letting them know that today's procedures were not acceptable. It won't change your score, or your experience, but perhaps it will help you, or others in the future.

I re-took it today at Seattle Central CC, and I have to say it was much more pleasant than SU. Everyone was designated and checked in to a specific room by last name. There were only 15-20 people in the room, and even though the chairs and desks weren't as nice as SU, there was plenty of space for test materials.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:55 pm

Hey! Also took the test today at SeattleU... what was your seating number approximately? I talked to a few ppl next to me but didn't dare ask if they browsed TLS.

Oh.... sirens were annoying. I sat close to the window so I could hear cars go by.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:57 pm

You guys should have taken the test in Everett... that's where I took it in October. It is worth the drive!

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:06 pm

Adjudicator wrote:You guys should have taken the test in Everett... that's where I took it in October. It is worth the drive!

I didn't mind the noise too much and this is my 3rd time taking the test (hopefully final). I screwed up BIG time on LG but I think my score should be good enough for UW even w/ the screw-up.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:08 pm

KevinP wrote:
Adjudicator wrote:You guys should have taken the test in Everett... that's where I took it in October. It is worth the drive!

I didn't mind the noise too much and this is my 3rd time taking the test (hopefully final). I screwed up BIG time on LG but I think my score should be good enough for UW even w/ the screw-up.

Ah well, I'll see you there, I hope!

brobrah

Postby brobrah » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:53 pm

KevinP wrote:Hey! Also took the test today at SeattleU... what was your seating number approximately? I talked to a few ppl next to me but didn't dare ask if they browsed TLS.

Oh.... sirens were annoying. I sat close to the window so I could hear cars go by.

I was at an end table in the middle path between the two sides, second row from back.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”