Cancel vs. Risk lower score

cmaas

Cancel vs. Risk lower score

Postby cmaas » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:48 pm

So, I have a score that I am okay with from Oct. Sure, there is a chance that I did better on this test but I also think there is a big chance that I did worse. How will law schools evaluate someone getting a lower score the second time? Do they always just take the higher of the two (unless otherwise specified)? Should I just cancel?

courtinglaw

Re: Cancel vs. Risk lower score

Postby courtinglaw » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:49 pm

cmaas wrote:So, I have a score that I am okay with from Oct. Sure, there is a chance that I did better on this test but I also think there is a big chance that I did worse. How will law schools evaluate someone getting a lower score the second time? Do they always just take the higher of the two (unless otherwise specified)? Should I just cancel?

+1

Would love feedback on this topic as well if there are any suggestions. I am shooting for between top 30 - top 14 (above that is out of my reach as I went 161 in October).

Thanks...

gmenfan

Postby gmenfan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:51 pm

I'm in a similar boat as you guys...have you already submitted your apps? I'm going to sleep on it for a few days. But if we get lower, I definitely think an addendum would be in order...without any clue on what to put in it.

2Serious4Numbers

Postby 2Serious4Numbers » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:52 pm

courtinglaw wrote:
cmaas wrote:So, I have a score that I am okay with from Oct. Sure, there is a chance that I did better on this test but I also think there is a big chance that I did worse. How will law schools evaluate someone getting a lower score the second time? Do they always just take the higher of the two (unless otherwise specified)? Should I just cancel?

+1

Would love feedback on this topic as well if there are any suggestions. I am shooting for between top 30 - top 14 (above that is out of my reach as I went 161 in October).

Thanks...

you better have a 4.0 if your trying to go 14-30 w/ a 161 unless URM -- be realistic

courtinglaw

Postby courtinglaw » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:55 pm

2Serious4Numbers wrote:
courtinglaw wrote:

+1

Thanks...

you better have a 4.0 if your trying to go 14-30 w/ a 161 unless URM -- be realistic

3.9 (not URM)... not hoping too hard, just curious about thoughts. "Shooting for" was the key word there. :?

ccmbr006

Postby ccmbr006 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:55 pm

2Serious4Numbers wrote:
courtinglaw wrote:

+1

Thanks...

You can probably get in to 30-25 with a decent GPA, 161, and in-state status for the public schools.

cmaas

Postby cmaas » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:03 pm

bump

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”