The December 2010 LG section made me want to...

FlanSolo

Re: The December 2010 LG section made me want to...

Postby FlanSolo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:53 am

Benjamin J wrote:I didn't manage anything quite like that as a response, but since they didn't specify if the kid was a boy or girl, instead of referring to the child as Mr./Mrs. Wang's son or daughter, I just referred to it as "the little Wang." Must've written "because this would be most beneficial for the little Wang" half a dozen times.

I really needed something to smile about after getting blindsided by a second, and rather painful section of logic games after the break.

I also referenced "the little Wang," several times and can admit that I also chortled upon first reading the scenario. Of all the names, LSAC had to pick "Wang" and not give the child a sex or a name? Really?

And yeah, that LG was tough. I'm now fairly sure I missed every single question on conferences except for the first one. Think I did well on the first one, last one, and decent on stained glass, so we'll see. But yeah... ouch.

GBS1294

Postby GBS1294 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:19 am

LG was difficult. Am I the only person who thought conferences was harder than stained glass?

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:44 am

GBS1294 wrote:LG was difficult. Am I the only person who thought conferences was harder than stained glass?

It was because there were so many open-ended possibilities. The other had ways of eliminating wrong answer choices quickly, but was still very tough.

FlanSolo

Postby FlanSolo » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:01 pm

GBS1294 wrote:LG was difficult. Am I the only person who thought conferences was harder than stained glass?

I actually didn't realize conferences was harder than stained glass until I was freaking out this morning realized that for some reason, I approached every single question as though [Ooops just a bit of an overshare - your friendly Mod Team]

BlueFeathers

Postby BlueFeathers » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:01 am

I thought it was harder too. I can't remember which one but I know I got one on the stained glass windows. Conferences was so hard. I just checked out and did the first then the last, struggled through stained glass and read as much as I could and didn't some praying guessing on conferences.

hndls022

Postby hndls022 » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:22 pm

BlueFeathers wrote:

I think if you could do formal logic well, stained glass wasn't as difficult as everyone is saying. There was a lot of redrawing, but if you had a clear concise sketch to work off of, you were fine.

edgnarly

Postby edgnarly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:43 pm

Punch babies.

Seriously, you guys get way to wrapped up in this test. Life will go on. I guarantee it. Or are most you focused on avoiding the "real" world for another 3 years by going to law school?

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:04 pm

edgnarly wrote:Or are most you focused on avoiding the "real" world for another 3 years by going to law school?

Yeah, pretty much. Got a problem with that?

verklempt

Postby verklempt » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:29 pm

This is a great time to spend three years in school.

* There are no jobs.

* Rampant inflation is going to wipe out student loans.

edgnarly

Postby edgnarly » Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:40 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
edgnarly wrote:Or are most you focused on avoiding the "real" world for another 3 years by going to law school?

Yeah, pretty much. Got a problem with that?
verklempt wrote:This is a great time to spend three years in school.

* There are no jobs.

* Rampant inflation is going to wipe out student loans.

Realistically, probably not the best reason to go to law school. Nor the best reason to be willing to take on what will likely be a minimum of $100k in debt.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”