How to objectively evaluate a blurr? tl;dr Cancel?

gambelda

How to objectively evaluate a blurr? tl;dr Cancel?

Postby gambelda » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:59 pm

At not point during my exam did I feel "in control". That is the worst I felt ever after an LSAT. I completely bombed windowpanes game. I almost never miss more than 1 question on games. I had to guess on 4.

I need a 170. Do I cancel? The other sections were a blur and I am having trouble objectively evaluating whether or not I did better than normal on the others to counterbalance the Games.

Anyone else find that games to be ridiculous? Any suggestions for my position.

poi

Re: How to objectively evaluate a blurr? tl;dr Cancel?

Postby poi » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:18 pm

Last edited by poi on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bee's vision

Postby bee's vision » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:24 pm

After october I felt exactly the same way. I completely screwed up on games guessed on like 5. And LR and RC were just a blur. I actually ended up doing pretty well on LR and RC, so what I'm thinking is that if you can't remember a section being particularly difficult or hard you most likely scored around your average. But thats just me speculating. This curve is going to be more generous than october judging from peoples reactions. In october people were immediately talking about how easy the test overall was and that ended up being a -12. This time, no one's saying shit. So keep that in mind.

I know I screwed up one LR section. But i think I did good on RC and LG so I'm just gonna ride it out and hope for a really big curve which I think is probable.

How were you scoring in LR and RC? Did you finish the other sections on time?

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:31 pm

Just like you, I walked out of the Oct LSAT unable to remember anything about the exam. I had no sense of how well I did, so over the next three weeks I was a complete nervous wreck.

If you've done enough practice tests, then your instincts and training will take over during the exam, resulting in that blurred feeling you're describing. It sucks to have no recollection, but it doesn't mean you bombed the test. I felt the same way and ended up scoring one point shy of my PT average.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:33 pm

I absolutely agree with the gentlemen. As soon as i finished each section, i had totally forgotten it. By the end of the test i was in a blurr.. its a good sign. I actually scored my 2nd highest pt score ever on the real deal

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:40 pm

bee's vision wrote:After october I felt exactly the same way. I completely screwed up on games guessed on like 5. And LR and RC were just a blur. I actually ended up doing pretty well on LR and RC, so what I'm thinking is that if you can't remember a section being particularly difficult or hard you most likely scored around your average. But thats just me speculating. This curve is going to be more generous than october judging from peoples reactions. In october people were immediately talking about how easy the test overall was and that ended up being a -12. This time, no one's saying shit. So keep that in mind.

I know I screwed up one LR section. But i think I did good on RC and LG so I'm just gonna ride it out and hope for a really big curve which I think is probable.

How were you scoring in LR and RC? Did you finish the other sections on time?

Well this is what worries me.

My normal PT's would go -4 or -5 RC, -2 LR, -4 LR, -0 Games. Some variation in those numbers, but usually my RC was fine if I focused (brought it down from -10 average) and whenever I had a -5 in a LR section, 3 were inevitably really stupid, fixable mistakes from not fully focusing. I'm nervous that this blur feeling means I could have regressed. I certainly didn't feel spectacular on any section and can barely remember some of them.

bee's vision

Postby bee's vision » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:52 pm

like other posters are saying the blackout is normal and a good sign, you're on auto-pilot and superfocused when you're prepared. You're not gonna remember anything. I'm thinking that LR was actually fairly easy. I only messed up because I let my nerves get to me. LG was hard. Lets just say hypothetically you went -4 RC -4LG -5LR that's a -13 which is very likely a 170.

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:01 pm

bee's vision wrote:like other posters are saying the blackout is normal and a good sign, you're on auto-pilot and superfocused when you're prepared. You're not gonna remember anything. I'm thinking that LR was actually fairly easy. I only messed up because I let my nerves get to me. LG was hard. Lets just say hypothetically you went -4 RC -4LG -5LR that's a -13 which is very likely a 170.

Do you remember what all 4 RC passages were about? I had on experimental and they are a blurr to me so I'm mixing which ones go with which section in my head.

I think more realistically, -7 RC, -7 LR, - 4 RC

bee's vision

Postby bee's vision » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:11 pm

lichens, dental decay, medical drawings, sarah orne jewett

gambelda

Postby gambelda » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:13 pm

bee's vision wrote:sarah orne jewett

I have no recollection of this passage which leads me to believe I probably bombed it. I remember lichens, illustrations, and tooth decay being interesting though and if I find them interesting I usually do well.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”