How'd you do on RC?

kkklick

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby kkklick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:46 pm

I got -10 on RC in October, felt much better about this one. I did the order 1 - 2 - 4 -3, worked out well because I took time with the Jewwet passage, and I failed at the tooth decay passage and I would have anyways so not upset, I'll take it.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:59 pm

RC screwed my life!!

I had a LR-RC-LR-LR-LG test and it cast a pall on everything after it. The last passage is a complete and utter blur! It was INSANELY dense and the questions were very difficult. If I esappe that one with a -3 or a -4 I will thank my lucky stars and hope for the best. I definitely did not expect it to be so difficult, because Im usually good at RC and managed a -1 in October. This time, not so much :(

Klogon

Postby Klogon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:21 pm

I accidentally filled in C on #28 of the RC (there was no #28) because I think I naturally filled in the "next" question after moving onto the next section. When I got to fill in #2 for that section, I noticed #1 had nothing in it. Then that's when I couldn't decide whether I had filled it in on #28 of the previous section or if the RC section indeed HAD 28 questions. Because I didn't want to risk it, I did not erase #28. This won't affect anything, right?

korealize

Postby korealize » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Klogon wrote:I accidentally filled in C on #28 of the RC (there was no #28) because I think I naturally filled in the "next" question after moving onto the next section. When I got to fill in #2 for that section, I noticed #1 had nothing in it. Then that's when I couldn't decide whether I had filled it in on #28 of the previous section or if the RC section indeed HAD 28 questions. Because I didn't want to risk it, I did not erase #28. This won't affect anything, right?

It'll be extraneous. They can't count a non-existent question against you.

LawPlz

Postby LawPlz » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Klogon wrote:I accidentally filled in C on #28 of the RC (there was no #28) because I think I naturally filled in the "next" question after moving onto the next section. When I got to fill in #2 for that section, I noticed #1 had nothing in it. Then that's when I couldn't decide whether I had filled it in on #28 of the previous section or if the RC section indeed HAD 28 questions. Because I didn't want to risk it, I did not erase #28. This won't affect anything, right?

Pretty sure it won't affect you at all

jr1886

Postby jr1886 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:34 pm

kkklick wrote:I got -10 on RC in October, felt much better about this one. I did the order 1 - 2 - 4 -3, worked out well because I took time with the Jewwet passage, and I failed at the tooth decay passage and I would have anyways so not upset, I'll take it.

I went -4 in October. I thought this one was slightly harder(emphasis on slightly) because the tooth caries(never heard of caries before I had to make sure they did not mean carries) questions were hard. I understood both passages but had trouble with about 3 questions. Nonetheless I m expecting to do no worse than -4 of October

Earthquake/Lichens easiest; court illustration easier; tooth caries hardest, Jewwet hard.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:37 pm

jr1886 wrote:
kkklick wrote:I got -10 on RC in October, felt much better about this one. I did the order 1 - 2 - 4 -3, worked out well because I took time with the Jewwet passage, and I failed at the tooth decay passage and I would have anyways so not upset, I'll take it.

I went -4 in October. I thought this one was slightly harder(emphasis on slightly) because the tooth caries(never heard of caries before I had to make sure they did not mean carries) questions were hard. I understood both passages but had trouble with about 3 questions. Nonetheless I m expecting to do no worse than -4 of October

Earthquake/Lichens easiest; court illustration easier; tooth caries hardest, Jewwet hard.

I agree with this assesment.

jwmalone87

Postby jwmalone87 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:38 pm

I would be absolutely thrilled with a -4. Thrilled.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one having trouble with the carie passage, at least. I made a vow that I would try to predict every answer, really attempt to understand the structure of the passage...but it all went out the window. My roadmap and underlines were a mess, and I'm surprised I made it through the section at all.

-6 or -7 wouldn't surprise me.

serdog

Postby serdog » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:39 pm

kkklick wrote:
jr1886 wrote:

I agree with this assesment.

+1
Tooth Caries gave me no time for the passage

Klogon

Postby Klogon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:41 pm

EDIT BY MOD

ren2011

Postby ren2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:49 am

Though lichens was in general an easier passage, the last question on that section drove me nuts. Spent my extra time at the end staring at it blankly- anyone else?

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:52 am

Luckily I suck so bad that I only got to the first 3 questions of Jewett and didn't have to submit myself to actually working my way to the wrong answers

Canadiana

Postby Canadiana » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:53 am

ren2011 wrote:Though lichens was in general an easier passage, the last question on that section drove me nuts. Spent my extra time at the end staring at it blankly- anyone else?

Yes except I didn't have time to look back.

mchuynh

Postby mchuynh » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:37 am

luckyme wrote:proctors talked during mine, fml

Me too.. they were "whispering" BEHIND ME!!!! the whole time... i turned around and gave them the stare! i was trying to read the one about tooth caries too

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”