How'd you do on RC?

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby kkklick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:46 pm

I got -10 on RC in October, felt much better about this one. I did the order 1 - 2 - 4 -3, worked out well because I took time with the Jewwet passage, and I failed at the tooth decay passage and I would have anyways so not upset, I'll take it.

cowgirl_bebop
Posts: 901
Joined: Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:32 pm

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:59 pm

RC screwed my life!!

I had a LR-RC-LR-LR-LG test and it cast a pall on everything after it. The last passage is a complete and utter blur! It was INSANELY dense and the questions were very difficult. If I esappe that one with a -3 or a -4 I will thank my lucky stars and hope for the best. I definitely did not expect it to be so difficult, because Im usually good at RC and managed a -1 in October. This time, not so much :(

Klogon
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 am

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby Klogon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:21 pm

I accidentally filled in C on #28 of the RC (there was no #28) because I think I naturally filled in the "next" question after moving onto the next section. When I got to fill in #2 for that section, I noticed #1 had nothing in it. Then that's when I couldn't decide whether I had filled it in on #28 of the previous section or if the RC section indeed HAD 28 questions. Because I didn't want to risk it, I did not erase #28. This won't affect anything, right?

korealize
Posts: 9
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:34 pm

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby korealize » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Klogon wrote:I accidentally filled in C on #28 of the RC (there was no #28) because I think I naturally filled in the "next" question after moving onto the next section. When I got to fill in #2 for that section, I noticed #1 had nothing in it. Then that's when I couldn't decide whether I had filled it in on #28 of the previous section or if the RC section indeed HAD 28 questions. Because I didn't want to risk it, I did not erase #28. This won't affect anything, right?

It'll be extraneous. They can't count a non-existent question against you.

LawPlz
Posts: 52
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:28 pm

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby LawPlz » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Klogon wrote:I accidentally filled in C on #28 of the RC (there was no #28) because I think I naturally filled in the "next" question after moving onto the next section. When I got to fill in #2 for that section, I noticed #1 had nothing in it. Then that's when I couldn't decide whether I had filled it in on #28 of the previous section or if the RC section indeed HAD 28 questions. Because I didn't want to risk it, I did not erase #28. This won't affect anything, right?

Pretty sure it won't affect you at all

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby jr1886 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:34 pm

kkklick wrote:I got -10 on RC in October, felt much better about this one. I did the order 1 - 2 - 4 -3, worked out well because I took time with the Jewwet passage, and I failed at the tooth decay passage and I would have anyways so not upset, I'll take it.

I went -4 in October. I thought this one was slightly harder(emphasis on slightly) because the tooth caries(never heard of caries before I had to make sure they did not mean carries) questions were hard. I understood both passages but had trouble with about 3 questions. Nonetheless I m expecting to do no worse than -4 of October

Earthquake/Lichens easiest; court illustration easier; tooth caries hardest, Jewwet hard.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby kkklick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:37 pm

jr1886 wrote:
kkklick wrote:I got -10 on RC in October, felt much better about this one. I did the order 1 - 2 - 4 -3, worked out well because I took time with the Jewwet passage, and I failed at the tooth decay passage and I would have anyways so not upset, I'll take it.

I went -4 in October. I thought this one was slightly harder(emphasis on slightly) because the tooth caries(never heard of caries before I had to make sure they did not mean carries) questions were hard. I understood both passages but had trouble with about 3 questions. Nonetheless I m expecting to do no worse than -4 of October

Earthquake/Lichens easiest; court illustration easier; tooth caries hardest, Jewwet hard.


I agree with this assesment.

jwmalone87
Posts: 384
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:46 pm

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby jwmalone87 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:38 pm

I would be absolutely thrilled with a -4. Thrilled.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one having trouble with the carie passage, at least. I made a vow that I would try to predict every answer, really attempt to understand the structure of the passage...but it all went out the window. My roadmap and underlines were a mess, and I'm surprised I made it through the section at all.

-6 or -7 wouldn't surprise me.

serdog
Posts: 302
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:21 pm

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby serdog » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:39 pm

kkklick wrote:
jr1886 wrote:
kkklick wrote:I got -10 on RC in October, felt much better about this one. I did the order 1 - 2 - 4 -3, worked out well because I took time with the Jewwet passage, and I failed at the tooth decay passage and I would have anyways so not upset, I'll take it.

I went -4 in October. I thought this one was slightly harder(emphasis on slightly) because the tooth caries(never heard of caries before I had to make sure they did not mean carries) questions were hard. I understood both passages but had trouble with about 3 questions. Nonetheless I m expecting to do no worse than -4 of October

Earthquake/Lichens easiest; court illustration easier; tooth caries hardest, Jewwet hard.


I agree with this assesment.

+1
Tooth Caries gave me no time for the passage

Klogon
Posts: 41
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:50 am

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby Klogon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:41 pm

EDIT BY MOD

ren2011
Posts: 61
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:06 pm

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby ren2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:49 am

Though lichens was in general an easier passage, the last question on that section drove me nuts. Spent my extra time at the end staring at it blankly- anyone else?

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby BlueDiamond » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:52 am

Luckily I suck so bad that I only got to the first 3 questions of Jewett and didn't have to submit myself to actually working my way to the wrong answers

Canadiana
Posts: 22
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:51 pm

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby Canadiana » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:53 am

ren2011 wrote:Though lichens was in general an easier passage, the last question on that section drove me nuts. Spent my extra time at the end staring at it blankly- anyone else?


Yes except I didn't have time to look back.

mchuynh
Posts: 29
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:23 am

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Postby mchuynh » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:37 am

luckyme wrote:proctors talked during mine, fml


Me too.. they were "whispering" BEHIND ME!!!! the whole time... i turned around and gave them the stare! i was trying to read the one about tooth caries too




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 34iplaw, cianchetta0 and 5 guests