How'd you do on RC? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
kkklick

Silver

Re: How'd you do on RC?

Post by kkklick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:46 pm

I got -10 on RC in October, felt much better about this one. I did the order 1 - 2 - 4 -3, worked out well because I took time with the Jewwet passage, and I failed at the tooth decay passage and I would have anyways so not upset, I'll take it.

cowgirl_bebop

Silver

Post by cowgirl_bebop » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:59 pm

RC screwed my life!!

I had a LR-RC-LR-LR-LG test and it cast a pall on everything after it. The last passage is a complete and utter blur! It was INSANELY dense and the questions were very difficult. If I esappe that one with a -3 or a -4 I will thank my lucky stars and hope for the best. I definitely did not expect it to be so difficult, because Im usually good at RC and managed a -1 in October. This time, not so much :(

Klogon

New

Post by Klogon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:21 pm

I accidentally filled in C on #28 of the RC (there was no #28) because I think I naturally filled in the "next" question after moving onto the next section. When I got to fill in #2 for that section, I noticed #1 had nothing in it. Then that's when I couldn't decide whether I had filled it in on #28 of the previous section or if the RC section indeed HAD 28 questions. Because I didn't want to risk it, I did not erase #28. This won't affect anything, right?

korealize

New

Post by korealize » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Klogon wrote:I accidentally filled in C on #28 of the RC (there was no #28) because I think I naturally filled in the "next" question after moving onto the next section. When I got to fill in #2 for that section, I noticed #1 had nothing in it. Then that's when I couldn't decide whether I had filled it in on #28 of the previous section or if the RC section indeed HAD 28 questions. Because I didn't want to risk it, I did not erase #28. This won't affect anything, right?
It'll be extraneous. They can't count a non-existent question against you.

LawPlz

New

Post by LawPlz » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:22 pm

Klogon wrote:I accidentally filled in C on #28 of the RC (there was no #28) because I think I naturally filled in the "next" question after moving onto the next section. When I got to fill in #2 for that section, I noticed #1 had nothing in it. Then that's when I couldn't decide whether I had filled it in on #28 of the previous section or if the RC section indeed HAD 28 questions. Because I didn't want to risk it, I did not erase #28. This won't affect anything, right?
Pretty sure it won't affect you at all

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jr1886

Bronze

Post by jr1886 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:34 pm

kkklick wrote:I got -10 on RC in October, felt much better about this one. I did the order 1 - 2 - 4 -3, worked out well because I took time with the Jewwet passage, and I failed at the tooth decay passage and I would have anyways so not upset, I'll take it.
I went -4 in October. I thought this one was slightly harder(emphasis on slightly) because the tooth caries(never heard of caries before I had to make sure they did not mean carries) questions were hard. I understood both passages but had trouble with about 3 questions. Nonetheless I m expecting to do no worse than -4 of October

Earthquake/Lichens easiest; court illustration easier; tooth caries hardest, Jewwet hard.

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:37 pm

jr1886 wrote:
kkklick wrote:I got -10 on RC in October, felt much better about this one. I did the order 1 - 2 - 4 -3, worked out well because I took time with the Jewwet passage, and I failed at the tooth decay passage and I would have anyways so not upset, I'll take it.
I went -4 in October. I thought this one was slightly harder(emphasis on slightly) because the tooth caries(never heard of caries before I had to make sure they did not mean carries) questions were hard. I understood both passages but had trouble with about 3 questions. Nonetheless I m expecting to do no worse than -4 of October

Earthquake/Lichens easiest; court illustration easier; tooth caries hardest, Jewwet hard.
I agree with this assesment.

jwmalone87

Bronze

Post by jwmalone87 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:38 pm

I would be absolutely thrilled with a -4. Thrilled.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one having trouble with the carie passage, at least. I made a vow that I would try to predict every answer, really attempt to understand the structure of the passage...but it all went out the window. My roadmap and underlines were a mess, and I'm surprised I made it through the section at all.

-6 or -7 wouldn't surprise me.

serdog

Bronze

Post by serdog » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:39 pm

kkklick wrote:
jr1886 wrote:

I agree with this assesment.
+1
Tooth Caries gave me no time for the passage

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Klogon

New

Post by Klogon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:41 pm

EDIT BY MOD

ren2011

New

Post by ren2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:49 am

Though lichens was in general an easier passage, the last question on that section drove me nuts. Spent my extra time at the end staring at it blankly- anyone else?

BlueDiamond

Silver

Post by BlueDiamond » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:52 am

Luckily I suck so bad that I only got to the first 3 questions of Jewett and didn't have to submit myself to actually working my way to the wrong answers

Canadiana

New

Post by Canadiana » Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:53 am

ren2011 wrote:Though lichens was in general an easier passage, the last question on that section drove me nuts. Spent my extra time at the end staring at it blankly- anyone else?
Yes except I didn't have time to look back.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

mchuynh

New

Post by mchuynh » Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:37 am

luckyme wrote:proctors talked during mine, fml
Me too.. they were "whispering" BEHIND ME!!!! the whole time... i turned around and gave them the stare! i was trying to read the one about tooth caries too

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”