Games Reactions?

gmenfan

Re: Games Reactions?

Postby gmenfan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:59 pm

Flips88 wrote:As someone who usually goes -0 to -2 on games and went -2 on October with finishing with 5 minutes or so to spare, I thought these games were way harder. It took me up until time was called and i struggled with a few. I foresee a lenient curve.

I'd agree. Got a -2 on October's exam and this one was harder by a good amount.

cvntstscrty

Postby cvntstscrty » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:02 pm

Fair warning: these posts could be in violation of test taker contract with LSAC. Test takers have entered into a contract with LSAC that they will not discuss with others the test questions they have taken. These offending posts will be reported to the LSAC for appropriate action which could include submitting violators to the LSAC Misconduct Subcommittee.

Caveon Test Security is a test security vendor for LSAC.

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:03 pm

i answered the first one...skipped to the end...went to the stained glass and then the last one. I can remember 2 really easy ones (the first one took up most of the page with text) and the last one was pretty easy.

I didn't finish completely but i at least got to diagram them all which was good. I think my guesses were solid for "guesses" instead of just choosing blind. I think it was OK. not horrible but definitely not great.

I spent 10 mins on the first game. darn it.
Last edited by chrissyc on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:06 pm

cvntstscrty wrote:Fair warning: these posts could be in violation of test taker contract with LSAC. Test takers have entered into a contract with LSAC that they will not discuss with others the test questions they have taken. These offending posts will be reported to the LSAC for appropriate action which could include submitting violators to the LSAC Misconduct Subcommittee.

Caveon Test Security is a test security vendor for LSAC.

Lol Big Brother is watching

bartleby

Postby bartleby » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:09 pm

I would cancel now if I didn't already send in all my apps and this wasn't my fourth time taking it.

First game was pretty easy - second was tough - third game I f***ing diagrammed wrong - fourth game was so easy but I had only 3 minutes and got to 4 out of the 5 (?) questions.

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:25 pm

The games were time consuming.

TonyStarks

Postby TonyStarks » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:27 pm

Really relieving that the games were as hard as I thought they were, here's hoping for a nice curve.

Cpwilson

Postby Cpwilson » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:56 pm

LOL bless!!

eskay2007

Postby eskay2007 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:33 pm

Can someone with a good memory message me? I am dying, trying to figure out the not laws for Q and R and cannot seem to remember...

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:44 pm

Games.... were..... brutal. I had to guess on about 7 Qs. Games were supposed to be my "given" Here's to hoping for a -14 curve.

sch0123

Postby sch0123 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Honestly the games this go-through made me want to tear my hair out. I had been prepping hard to avoid feeling like I bombed the games, but still just wasn't prepared.

I cancelled in June because of the games, got 165 in Oct, and had been shooting for 170. I got to my 3rd section after a mediocre time with RC and the first LR, and managed to work through LG, feeling confident by the time 35 was up that I hadn't gotten worse than -2 (the last game gave me difficulty, but I came back to it and felt like I figured out most if not all of the final 4 questions).

Went to break, and prayed for LR - LR finish, though I knew it was unlikely.

Sure enough, BAM. The real LG right after break was friggin' brutal. The first game just looked incredibly intimidating and when I finally came back to it I was so worn out from the 2nd game that I couldn't get a handle on it. Final game was pretty easy and I can't even remember much about the 3rd game, though I'm pretty sure I had to guess on a few. I'm just HOPING now that i guessed right a lot and managed to figure out most of the 2nd game (it always does seem worse than it really is when you mess up LG).

Oh well. I OFFICIALLY hate this exam. It has consumed my life and I was unable to conquer it because of these stupid #&4*^@$ Logic Games. I don't know why LSAC felt it necessary to make these recent games so hard (june and dec, oct was more than reasonable). Can't they just throw us some straightforward linear games, a grouping game, and then one tricky hybrid (and leave us with enough #*@%&(#$ space to diagram!!!!)??
:evil:

Klogon

Postby Klogon » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:11 pm

I spent 5 minutes working through the stained glass game (Game #2) and thought it was the hardest thing in the world, only to realize that I had misdiagrammed it. I did not read a NOT in one of the game rules, and so I was doing everything in reverse for that rule. Made some of them impossible.

After realizing, I had to go back and redo them all. If not for that, I think I would have done really well this exam. Blah. Just guessed Ds on the last two of that game without even having a chance to look at 'em. Hopefully I get one of them right randomly lol. Gosh. =/

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Games 1 and 4 were no trouble at all, the space was annoying but I still managed.
Game 2 wow, even though I got the inference (contrapositive) it still was confusing to me, guessed on about 4.
Game 3, guessed on 2, one I'm sure is wrong the other is 50/50 felt like a trap.

-6 looks like the worst case for me and -2 the best, I had -0'd 15 in a row, damn.

ren2011

Postby ren2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:03 am

sch0123 wrote: Can't they just throw us some straightforward linear games, a grouping game, and then one tricky hybrid (and leave us with enough #*@%&(#$ space to diagram!!!!)??

2nd the last bit of this. I mean, if LSAC wants to screw with those of us who've prep'd using previous games, whatever. But not giving us room to write is just idiotic. Are LGs supposed to be done without diagramming now? Are they preparing to shift to a computer-based LSAT with no scratch paper?

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:06 am

ren2011 wrote:
sch0123 wrote: Can't they just throw us some straightforward linear games, a grouping game, and then one tricky hybrid (and leave us with enough #*@%&(#$ space to diagram!!!!)??

2nd the last bit of this. I mean, if LSAC wants to screw with those of us who've prep'd using previous games, whatever. But not giving us room to write is just idiotic. Are LGs supposed to be done without diagramming now? Are they preparing to shift to a computer-based LSAT with no scratch paper?

If that's the plan I better hurry up and actually get a good score on one of these tests

jwmalone87

Postby jwmalone87 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:11 am

It's pretty horrible what TLS does to my perception of why I performed today.

I didn't have that big of a problem with stained glass. A tough game, sure, but definitely not The Hardest Game Ever. Now, I'm wondering...did I misread a rule? Mistake a limitation in the setup? It must've been something.

Gawd. These next 3 weeks are gonna be painful.

ren2011

Postby ren2011 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:19 am

jwmalone87 wrote:It's pretty horrible what TLS does to my perception of why I performed today.

I didn't have that big of a problem with stained glass. A tough game, sure, but definitely not The Hardest Game Ever. Now, I'm wondering...did I misread a rule? Mistake a limitation in the setup? It must've been something.

Gawd. These next 3 weeks are gonna be painful.

If you felt you were solid on games, you probably were...the people most likely to post/complain about games are the ones who didn't feel that way.

I personally didn't feel the games were end-of-the-world awful. But the spacing issue on #1 annoyed me.

Chimica

Postby Chimica » Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:26 am

Stained glass I found to be not too bad once I thought through the rules. In conferences however I completely ignored some rules because I decided they weren't important. Now I am kicking myself for not rereading the rules.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”