December 2010 Initial Reactions

Canadiana

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby Canadiana » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Stained glass was definitely second, I remember taking forever on it. Luckily I skipped to question 4 and then returned to question 3 so I only ended up guessing on a few.

SchopenhauerFTW

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:47 pm

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

eads

Postby eads » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:49 pm

I am with you....Starting with a super long first game (not difficult though), then into the stained glass nightmare (educated guess a lot...so many could-be Qs)...then conferences (even the first question threw me off...I must have misread sth...)...then I moved on to work on the last one (super easy)...then back on the conferences only to guess Cs

Farrbc6 wrote:Does anyone know the individual order of the logic games in the real logic games section? The stained glass game was second and conferences third right? I'm panicking cause I read in an earlier post that stained glass was third... This is incorrect right?

korealize

Postby korealize » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:49 pm

Fuck that LG so much. I proverbially want its creator to die in a crushing force of abstraction and unbridled shit.

Cpwilson

Postby Cpwilson » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:56 pm

I'm sort of confused as to how there can be that much variation in the logic games section. I took October and it wasn't bad, and then this one I found near impossible. That sort of discrepancy just seems like it shouldn't happen in a fair test.

verklempt

Postby verklempt » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:59 pm

Can I flat out say that the stained glass was missing one piece of information? (I don't know exactly what.) I don't think that game could be resolved as written. Anyone get it?

NYCcops

Postby NYCcops » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:01 pm

stained glass was easy for me and no it was not missing any information. Do not flame me for saying that. I found the LG section of this test to be difficult but doable- every question.

I can't say the same about one of the LR sections and the RC sections. Those were fucked up.

Again, don't flame me. To each his own.

cp16

Postby cp16 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:03 pm

Hmm, I can't seem to remember which LR sections contained 26 and which one had 25 on my test. I had LR experimental. I was thinking the first section was experimental (just seemed a bit different in that it included quite a few of the same question type and left out some types that I don't usually remember being left out) but I also thought I remember having 26 in this, not 100% sure though. I think I remember my second LR section having fish camouflage in coral reefs, and frozen squirrel blood. Also had back to back questions where 2 questions were based off of the same question stimulus. Anybody else remember this section or was this the experimental?

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:06 pm

cp16 wrote:Hmm, I can't seem to remember which LR sections contained 26 and which one had 25 on my test. I had LR experimental. I was thinking the first section was experimental (just seemed a bit different in that it included quite a few of the same question type and left out some types that I don't usually remember being left out) but I also thought I remember having 26 in this, not 100% sure though. I think I remember my second LR section having fish camouflage in coral reefs, and frozen squirrel blood. Also had back to back questions where 2 questions were based off of the same question stimulus. Anybody else remember this section or was this the experimental?

Had 3 LR also, including the fish camo, but didn't have any (in any section) that were 2 questions from 1 stimulus. There was one section that seemed off b/c of the types of questions, but I guess we can't discuss individual questions/types.

granato

Postby granato » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:07 pm

I thought glass was kind of easy too. I probably went -5 on LG so I didn't ace it, but I think I figured that one out.

korealize

Postby korealize » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:13 pm

If I had gotten the real LG before the break, I probably wouldn't have freaked out, let alone the bullshit policy of 'not leaving the test center' coinciding with the inexorable 'can't fucking smoke indoors' leading to me to anticipate a smoke break, which in turn led to me mad-bombing the LG with unfilled bubbles.

2011L1

Postby 2011L1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Maybe its me, but I thought the LG's were fair and expected from Oct test. I took June test and mulch game was a nightmare! there were just a bunch of conditionals on the stained glass game. I took Binary solutions in NYC and Eva is a Gem!

lisavj

Postby lisavj » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:16 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
lisavj wrote:
'zactly! I'm hoping for Hastings...the 165 original was good enough to get me in there (I hope), so I wanted to see whether or not taking the test stress-free (ish) would change anything. Apparently not. sad. :(

I've had my heart set on Hastings for so long. Pretty sure I got a flat 160 because of this test, even without stress and 8+ hours of sleep. Boo!

I hope not! And I hope to see you there in the fall (as I also hope to be accepted!).

korealize

Postby korealize » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:17 pm

2011L1 wrote:Maybe its me, but I thought the LG's were fair and expected from Oct test. I took June test and mulch game was a nightmare! there were just a bunch of conditionals on the stained glass game. I took Binary solutions in NYC and Eva is a Gem!

You didn't have the experimental LG right before the break, then the real LG after the break.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:25 pm

korealize wrote:
2011L1 wrote:Maybe its me, but I thought the LG's were fair and expected from Oct test. I took June test and mulch game was a nightmare! there were just a bunch of conditionals on the stained glass game. I took Binary solutions in NYC and Eva is a Gem!

You didn't have the experimental LG right before the break, then the real LG after the break.

that was a joke.

korealize

Postby korealize » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:26 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
korealize wrote:

that was a joke.

I don't understand jokes anymore after this test.

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:27 pm

korealize wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:
korealize wrote:

that was a joke.

I don't understand jokes anymore after this test.

Best comment ever.

w.ftw

Postby w.ftw » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:29 pm

Cpwilson wrote:Well after today's choke job on the logic games looks like I'm not going to law school after all.

same boat, i know how you feel

cp16

Postby cp16 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:30 pm

I agree with you. The thing that bothers me the most about this logic games section is, I actually feel like I was at a disadvantage for studying. I never have time issues on games so I just do them in the order presented. First game took me way too much time because I had no room to work even though it was a simple game. Second and third games had me thinking I was missing key inferences because there were so many hypo based questions. Kept looking for stuff that I thought I had missed and again lost a ton of time. Really didn't have time to do the 4th game which was probably the easiest of them all (how often is the last game the easiest though?... seriously...). I ended up kind of panicking cause I really didn't know what to do. This test just seemed like a lot of broken patterns relative to previous tests. The games section seemed like it was designed to fail you. I can understand them being tricky within the realms of the logic and what not, but giving people no room to write, easiest section last, all the hypo based questions that have you second guessing your diagram, just seemed like a lot of sloppy bullshit to me. And to put it into perspective, I took both pt 57 and 60 in the last week and found those games sections both very manageable. Was able to finish both sections on time and got -2 and -1 respectively. -2 on 57 wasn't even from Dino game and both mulch (which I thought was exceptionally easy) and travel magazine from 60 (which was incredibly easy if you made the inference with regards to the limited possibilities for photo workers and writer's assistants which was almost impossible to miss if you had a good setup). The games on this December's test just felt sloppy.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:34 pm

Last edited by kkklick on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

2011Law

Postby 2011Law » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:37 pm

the little space for game 1 also tripped me up, but not too bad.

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:40 pm

[MOD EDIT]

This. I don't feel like the middle games were hard really, but also weren't the ones I was necessarily expecting to see. Luckily, I realized that games 2 and 3 were going to take some extra time, so I skipped them and got 1 and 4 done pretty quickly. I felt like an idiot on the glass game when I realized a pretty major clue that I had somehow missed the first time I tried.

Ford Prefect

Postby Ford Prefect » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Yeah, more space on 1 and 2 would have been really useful.

SchopenhauerFTW

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:41 pm

Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

verklempt

Postby verklempt » Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:42 pm

I wouldn't flame anyone for getting a game right. I just could not see a pattern in that one at all. There were too many questions that seemed to have multiple correct znswers, so either I missed a cue or...well, I'm just not very bright.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”