December 2010 Initial Reactions

Redamon1

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby Redamon1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:31 pm

LHC wrote:LR RC LR LR LG

While taking the third LR I kept on thinking to myself, this section feels so weird. Some of the questions felt off, and there were two sets of two questions that shared the same passage, and I hadn't seen those in any of the recent preptests. It sounds like that was truly was the experimental if the test was truly a 102 test (as the other two LR were 26 and this one was 25).

Initial reactions? It felt harder than my last few (recent test) preptests. I skipped question 6 on the stained grass LG and was able to finish the section in time, coming back to guess on 6. RC was hard but I feel fairly confident I didn't totally bomb it. No idea how I did on LR, with three sections they all blur in my mind!!!

My LRs didn't have 2 questions on a the same prompt.

Arturo

Postby Arturo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:32 pm

/| = Respect LSAC!! = |\
| God save the queen |
Last edited by Arturo on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Arturo

Re: December LSAT Reactions

Postby Arturo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:36 pm

/| = Respect LSAC!! = |\
| God save the queen |
Last edited by Arturo on Sun Dec 12, 2010 12:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

akikaze

Postby akikaze » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:37 pm

Agree about conferences. I finished LG in time and thought I got every question right, though likely missed one here or there.

Edited by Mods:
No details please.

Claudius

Postby Claudius » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:38 pm

Jader wrote:Can anyone who has been around here longer tell us how normal this "THIS IS THE HARDEST TEST EVER 15+ CURVE" thing is? Is this test really that different?

I searched the forms and the quick thing I found was a thread speculating the June curve that actually seemed to be accurate and reasonable.

I took June 2010 and have been checking each LSAT's version of this thread since then. They all seem pretty similar to me. All three tests have resulted in a series of panicked threads with large curve predictions. There was a lot of freaking out on the October test, especially over a few weird LR questions. June had the LG threads. I've read a few times in this thread a claim that October was pretty straight forward, but that's not what the thread from back then would have had you believe.

akikaze

Postby akikaze » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:39 pm

Claudius wrote:
Jader wrote:Can anyone who has been around here longer tell us how normal this "THIS IS THE HARDEST TEST EVER 15+ CURVE" thing is? Is this test really that different?

I searched the forms and the quick thing I found was a thread speculating the June curve that actually seemed to be accurate and reasonable.

I took June 2010 and have been checking each LSAT's version of this thread since then. They all seem pretty similar to me. All three tests have resulted in a series of panicked threads with large curve predictions. There was a lot of freaking out on the October test, especially over a few weird LR questions. June had the LG threads. I've read a few times in this thread a claim that October was pretty straight forward, but that's not what the thread from back then would have had you believe.

LG from June were very poorly phrased and that did probably help the -14 curve. I don't know about this one.

Redamon1

Postby Redamon1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:40 pm

Arturo wrote:
asdfqwer1234 wrote:I had LR, RC, LR, LR(exp), LG. I usually do well on LG, but this one... this one was a fucked up one.

You mean the 4th LR was experimental? I HOPE TO GOD YOUR RIGHT!

Is it possible for a 4th section (section after break) to be an experimental? Serious question, someone please let me know!

Typically not. I also had this distribution and concluded from other responses on the thread that the second LR was the experimental.

akikaze

Postby akikaze » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:41 pm

Redamon1 wrote:
Arturo wrote:
asdfqwer1234 wrote:I had LR, RC, LR, LR(exp), LG. I usually do well on LG, but this one... this one was a fucked up one.

Is it possible for a 4th section (section after break) to be an experimental? Serious question, someone please let me know!

Typically not. I also had this distribution and concluded from other responses on the thread that the second LR was the experimental.

I really would not be surprised if the LSAC one day decided to suspend this convention and fuck over that group of people. I keep hearing about bad proctors that don't do their job and students DO look inside the exam and cheat by finding out which section is exp in advance...and reallocate that time to the scored sections.

Claudius

Postby Claudius » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:42 pm

akikaze wrote:
Claudius wrote:

LG from June were very poorly phrased and that did probably help the -14 curve. I don't know about this one.

Keep in mind that June was -12. That number has been engraved into my mind for eternity. I will agree that LG sucked. I was not a fan.

kwais

Postby kwais » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:42 pm

Claudius wrote:

very few people who took October around here seemed to think it was anywhere as hard as this one. Especially LG

cvntstscrty

Postby cvntstscrty » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:44 pm

LSAC prohibits discussion, including the so-called “postmortem” discussion of test questions immediately after a particular test administration, because it has the potential to affect the fairness of the LSAT and the law school admission process. This thread has been logged and appropriate action may be taken.

Caveon Test Security is a test security vendor for LSAC.

testmachine45

Postby testmachine45 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:44 pm

I seriously believe in a -15 curve. At least 15 but it could go to 17. This was the hardest LSAT I have ever taken.

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:45 pm

akikaze wrote:
Redamon1 wrote:
Arturo wrote:

I really would not be surprised if the LSAC one day decided to suspend this convention and fuck over that group of people. I keep hearing about bad proctors that don't do their job and students DO look inside the exam and cheat by finding out which section is exp in advance...and reallocate that time to the scored sections.

clearly these people would be at a huge advantage, but at the end of the day, this is how life works. if they find out, these students have absolutely no future whatsoever in law. if they have an extra 35 minutes scattered around the test, conventional wisdom suggests they'd score about 5 points better. 5 points is the difference between the t-14 and t-30. it could also be the difference in a full scholarship. at the end of the day, is 5 points worth your entire career and knowing deep down you're partially a joke? for some people, i'm sure it is, but at the end of the day, if they're willing to break the law, eventually this will catch up to them in their law career and if it doesn't, with their luck and sleaze, they were bound to succeed anyway.

testmachine45

Postby testmachine45 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:45 pm

cvntstscrty wrote:LSAC prohibits discussion, including the so-called “postmortem” discussion of test questions immediately after a particular test administration, because it has the potential to affect the fairness of the LSAT and the law school admission process. This thread has been logged and appropriate action may be taken.

Are you Caveon Test Security? Don't you think it's ironic your name is Cave-On Test Security?

Canadiana

Postby Canadiana » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:00 pm

I think you guys are letting the games section colour your views about the test a bit too much. Yes they were tough ++ but there wasn't anything tricky about the other sections (I don't think I did too well on RC but I suck gorilla cock at that section on any test >.<). -12 to -13, generous but not unprecedented.

My test experience:
1.) LR :)
2.) RC :?
3.) LR :D (exp)
4.) LR :D :D
5.) LG :cry:
6.) WS :roll:

Though maybe LR just clicked for me on the day. In October I was way too amped up on the first section (LR) and scored like -9 so I'm 99% sure I did better on this test unless I did something stupid like miss a bubble.

joebloe

Postby joebloe » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:00 pm

cvntstscrty wrote:LSAC prohibits discussion, including the so-called “postmortem” discussion of test questions immediately after a particular test administration, because it has the potential to affect the fairness of the LSAT and the law school admission process. This thread has been logged and appropriate action may be taken.

Which includes no action whatsoever. Running around making vague threats through boilerplate legalese is a good strategy for intimidating the sheep, but you think it's going to stop (or even slow) legal-minded people from engaging in totally appropriate discussion of a totally asinine test, you've got another thing coming.

DukeCornell

Postby DukeCornell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:01 pm

Ok, it seems as if everyone is stressing, so let’s talk about something new. Did anyone eat their snack? :roll:

SageD

Postby SageD » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:04 pm

My wife was reading this forums while I was taking the test, so after I got home she was asking me about the "stained glass" game.

As I was explaining it to her, I made an inference that would have opened the entire section up for me.

Fuck you, universe!

legal10101

Postby legal10101 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:06 pm

The children walking up the stairs was real.

kwais

Postby kwais » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:06 pm

EDITED BY MOD

chup

Postby chup » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:08 pm

For the last time, soliciting answers/inferences etc. via PM is a no-no. Enjoy your 24-hour vacation.

The next one will be significantly longer.

legal10101

Postby legal10101 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:09 pm

The children walking up the stairs was real.

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:10 pm

bartleby wrote:Honestly, I'd be surprised if it was anything more than -12.

After every LSAT people come on the board and say it was the hardest ever.

Dec 2010 was for sure hard, esp. two games - but the other two games were ridiculously easy - if you even got to the fourth game, that is (which wasn't my case).

I felt one LR section, which I'm now becoming to realize is real, was hard as balls but the other LR sections was very, very easy.

RC overall was easier than some recent RCs. Nothing was a Noguchi (sp). I think we have a better chance of getting -10 than we do -14. Most likely -11/-12 like Oct. is what I'd guess.

I agree. I'm favoring -11. I mean yes the LG was hard. Conferences was probably tougher than dinos. But both the first LR was completely cake, RC was cake, and the second LR was average difficulty. It balances out to a pretty standard curve.

NYCcops

Postby NYCcops » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:11 pm

Just throwing this out there: I had an experimental LR in section 4 today. I have this somewhat confirmed with other test takers that took the test in NYC today in person. It seems as if this is accurate.

Anybody else get experimental LR in section 4 right after the break and say "What the f___"

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:13 pm

guys i know you're nervous/anxious but in a month knowing the right answers in dec will have no value whatsoever. it serves no value now other than to be make you temporarily happy or sad. don't break the law for momentary happiness just like how you would not smoke crack for momentary happiness. you're jeopardizing your legal career for something really inconsequential.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”