December 2010 Initial Reactions

User avatar
gmenfan
Posts: 40
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 10:04 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby gmenfan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:14 pm

alicen wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:
alicen wrote:ughhhh. i literally bubbled D for 8 questions on LG before time was even called, freaked out like crazy. and i (pretty much) always get -0. really needed a point or two above my first score (170), and apps already sent. now...is it still possible.....? i don't remember feeling like RC or LRs were too bad. crippled with indecision about whether or not to cancel.

this looks like the clearest case of yo should cancel ever...you usually get -0 and had to guess on that many?



i know, but i have always PTed around 175 (ridiculous issue on the real thing in oct)...is it unrealistic to hope for a 171 even?


We're in VERY similar boats--170 in Oct and retake today with one craptacular LG section. Part of my feels like I did well enough on RC and LRs to make up for it, but another part would rather have a 170 and a cancel :(. I think I'm going to take a few days to think over it.

User avatar
URMdan
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby URMdan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:15 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
Finalflash013 wrote:Yeah, I've been PTing in the 165 range, with LG average of -2 to 0, and this section really screwed me over. I didn't think the Stained Glass one was too bad at the time but I might have done it wrong since everyone else seems to think so. Though, there was a key deduction which I could see some people missing on it (I nearly missed it myself) The Conference game was really discouraging, and by the time I got to the last game I was burned out, so i had to guess on a lot. I didn't think LR were too bad, and RC could go either way. What the hell was up with the three science themed questions though?

Anyone else really pissed off about not having ANY room to write on the first LG? Is there any rational to them not leaving any space, because it just seems cruel.


The lack of space was ridiculous. It didn't help that my desk was less than 12 inches by 8 inches (12 being the FRACKING WIDTH!) That's barely enough room to do a crossword puzzle on.


LOL did you take the test somewhere in North Jersey?

User avatar
redsoxfan2495
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 am

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:16 pm

alicen,

You're in a tough spot. If you're that confident that you can improve by five or so you might just want to apply next cycle. Five points can get you into more schools and get you lots more money at the ones you're already accepted at.

I'm in a similar spot though, so I know how miserable the idea of a year delay seems...

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:17 pm

.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Cpwilson
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby Cpwilson » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:18 pm

I hate this test so much.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:19 pm

My theory is that the test is much more difficult, but the curve will NOT be anything atypical from all the previous tests. Let's face it, the economy is in shambles and more people are gonna try to go to law school. Gotta weed out more people = harder test.

i'm f*****

User avatar
Cpwilson
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby Cpwilson » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:20 pm

noleknight I hear ya buddy but that reasoning makes no sense.

User avatar
URMdan
Posts: 402
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby URMdan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:20 pm

Anybody remember the stars question?

User avatar
Cpwilson
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby Cpwilson » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:21 pm

yeah the stars one was tough.

loborubio
Posts: 2
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:46 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby loborubio » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:22 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:
loborubio wrote:Great, so not only did the test get postponed due to weather now I find out the LG are a nightmare? Anyone know what happens in the case of weather postponement?


Maybe they'll use an undisclosed test? I'm only guessing. They have to plan for things like that. There's a blizzard here and they didn't even postpone.


Yeah I'm guessing your Nebraska blizzard and my Minnesota blizzard are related. I made it to the fuckin test center, why couldn't everyone else? And for that matter if LSAC had just sent out an email saying they were cancelling today's test I'd be happy.

lsat_doobie
Posts: 44
Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 11:01 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby lsat_doobie » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Does anyone think the curve will be extremely generous? Although I think I did pretty decent, this test still seemed like one of the hardest PTs I've ever written. Definitely in the top 3, but maybe I'm just being dramatic.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2555
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby androstan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:22 pm

I probably went -2/3 on the experimental LG, and -8 on the scored LG.

Maybe I went -0 on the rest of the test?

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Cpwilson wrote:noleknight I hear ya buddy but that reasoning makes no sense.


You can only have so many get 160+. Idk

Sherrybaby
Posts: 20
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:00 am

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby Sherrybaby » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:24 pm

URMdan wrote:Anybody remember the stars question?


Yes. Hopefully they are far away. or something.

this vague answer thing is hard, especially once the questions start to run together...

ru2009
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:18 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby ru2009 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:25 pm

rpol wrote:
bartleby wrote:
granato wrote:
bartleby wrote:Last game had the least questions. There were 23 questions total. I'm guessing 6-6-6 - (guessed on 4) -5 (guessed on 1, ran out of time) as well.



Man I hope you guys are right and glass had 6. That one and the last one I'm counting on getting -0 from. For some reason the 1st threw me for a loop, I hope it didn't have 7. For the guy that said 7 how sure are you?


I'm beginning to wonder if it was 6 - 7 - 5 - 5

I know I guessed on four in game three. I mis-diagrammed so hard on that one and made Human Resources two separate things. It was brutal.



I did the exact same thing, broke one of the courses into two and realized it too late. Helps explain why that game was so damn difficult



I did the exact same thing and realized with about 30 seconds to go...the games were very difficult, but that was a careless error and i think the game would have been a lot easier if diagrammed correctly :(

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby BlueDiamond » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:26 pm

noleknight16 wrote:My theory is that the test is much more difficult, but the curve will NOT be anything atypical from all the previous tests. Let's face it, the economy is in shambles and more people are gonna try to go to law school. Gotta weed out more people = harder test.

i'm f*****


If anything I'd think the more people that take it the better. I have absolutely nothing to back this up; but in my head I like to think that the massive increase in LSAT takers are mostly those delaying entry into the terrible economy. Their low scores help the curve. (Again all in my head; no need to refute it.. let me be)

User avatar
typ3
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 12:04 am

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby typ3 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:26 pm

Pretty sure I missed at most 2 going into the 5th section games.

I had to pee extremely bad despite drinking hardly anything during break.

Long story short, pissed my pants during the 5th section so that I could think during the games. Had to guess on one b/c I ran out of time. Normally I finish games 8 minutes or so early.

If that's not dedication to score 175+ I don't know what is.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby noleknight16 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:27 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:My theory is that the test is much more difficult, but the curve will NOT be anything atypical from all the previous tests. Let's face it, the economy is in shambles and more people are gonna try to go to law school. Gotta weed out more people = harder test.

i'm f*****


If anything I'd think the more people that take it the better. I have absolutely nothing to back this up; but in my head I like to think that the massive increase in LSAT takers are mostly those delaying entry into the terrible economy. Their low scores help the curve. (Again all in my head; no need to refute it.. let me be)


My brain is fried; your logic probably trumps mine.

User avatar
BigRed2009
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:49 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby BigRed2009 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:27 pm

What's worse than doing that LG section? Doing the section with construction noise the floor above from you. The room was basically shaking. Everyone was so pissed. It happened right after the 2nd or 3rd section don't remember and continued till the exam was over. It was on and off, sounded like a jackhammer. Definitely screwed with me. Proctors noted it and I will be calling LSAC on Monday and filing a complaint. Granted some noise is understandable, even if the construction were outside I can deal, but right above where the exam is going on. C'Mon son. You would think one of the proctors or test supervisors would go and try to do something or just call someone. Nope didn't happen nor attempt to do anything, just made a joke along the lines of "Hopefully, you are enjoying the music". :shock:

User avatar
Cpwilson
Posts: 115
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:39 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby Cpwilson » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:28 pm

BlueDiamond keep that optimism coming.

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby BlueDiamond » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:29 pm

noleknight16 wrote:
BlueDiamond wrote:
noleknight16 wrote:My theory is that the test is much more difficult, but the curve will NOT be anything atypical from all the previous tests. Let's face it, the economy is in shambles and more people are gonna try to go to law school. Gotta weed out more people = harder test.

i'm f*****


If anything I'd think the more people that take it the better. I have absolutely nothing to back this up; but in my head I like to think that the massive increase in LSAT takers are mostly those delaying entry into the terrible economy. Their low scores help the curve. (Again all in my head; no need to refute it.. let me be)


My brain is fried; your logic probably trumps mine.


haha same here.. I took the test 2 hours away from my school and just got back.. my post-test lunch and drive home are a total blur

bartleby
Posts: 1315
Joined: Thu May 29, 2008 3:23 am

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby bartleby » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:30 pm

typ3 wrote:Pretty sure I missed at most 2 going into the 5th section games.

I had to pee extremely bad despite drinking hardly anything during break.

Long story short, pissed my pants during the 5th section so that I could think during the games. Had to guess on one b/c I ran out of time. Normally I finish games 8 minutes or so early.

If that's not dedication to score 175+ I don't know what is.


If this isn't a joke - and my sarcasm detector is dead - that's gross, dude.

User avatar
redsoxfan2495
Posts: 273
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 12:13 am

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby redsoxfan2495 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:30 pm

I'm pretty sure that specific scores are tied to percentages. They can't just decide that the crop of test-takers was weak and decide that only .5% get 170+.

User avatar
ThreeYears
Posts: 150
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby ThreeYears » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:32 pm

gmenfan wrote:
alicen wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:
alicen wrote:ughhhh. i literally bubbled D for 8 questions on LG before time was even called, freaked out like crazy. and i (pretty much) always get -0. really needed a point or two above my first score (170), and apps already sent. now...is it still possible.....? i don't remember feeling like RC or LRs were too bad. crippled with indecision about whether or not to cancel.

this looks like the clearest case of yo should cancel ever...you usually get -0 and had to guess on that many?



i know, but i have always PTed around 175 (ridiculous issue on the real thing in oct)...is it unrealistic to hope for a 171 even?


We're in VERY similar boats--170 in Oct and retake today with one craptacular LG section. Part of my feels like I did well enough on RC and LRs to make up for it, but another part would rather have a 170 and a cancel :(. I think I'm going to take a few days to think over it.


Exact same situation, exact same thoughts. I think I did phenomenally good on the rest of test, feeling like a -0/-0/-0/-6. Only hope it will turn out to be true.

User avatar
rso11
Posts: 126
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Postby rso11 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 5:34 pm

stargazin wrote:Yeah, there was no room for diagrams. Grrr.

Rikkugrrl wrote:Real games: Stain glass windows
Real RC: Dental decay
Real LR: Giant marine reptiles

Can't remember the other LR, but thought this would save other posters a lot of hassle.


Dental decay RC: Was this also the RC with the passage about the domestic novels? (I had two RCs)

I am going to hate stained glass windows forever because of this.


Ditto! I think dental decay was a different one...I think the 1st one had domestic novels/lichen-dating but honestly my mind's a little fuzzy right now. haha If the dental decay was the real RC I'm super happy b/c I thought that was way easier.

Stained glass was a bitch; I totally had to rush on the last 2 games!! :(




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests