December 2010 Initial Reactions Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
veragood

New

Re: December 2010 Initial Reactions

Post by veragood » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:20 pm

testmachine45 wrote:101 -4 is not -97 = 179 because they drop a question.
yer an idiot, there were only 100 questions. they dropped one to make it 99.

testmachine45

Bronze

Post by testmachine45 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Shmuckluk wrote:The logic games were time consuming but straightforward.
The LR was pretty easy except for 3-4 questions, I'd argue (unless I missed something).
I thought it was the easiest Reading Comp I've seen in a while to be honest, maybe I missed something again?

-10. October was definitely more difficult (I wrote in October), so stop screaming that it's the hardest test ever; everyone who wrote October said the same thing and it wasn't. (Don't even tell me that's flawed logic, you assholes :P)

Now if I could just find out hte answers to stars and aliens I'd be able to have a really, really good sleep tonight. DAMN YOU WAIT TIME, YOU'RE HARDER TO DEAL WITH THAN THE ACTUAL FREAKING EXAM!
This is wrong. Everyone in October thought it was easy and straight forward. This test was not straight forward. It has an extra question. It had hard games. It had difficult RC. never before have i experienced such pain, confusion and panic.

LawPlz

New

Post by LawPlz » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:20 pm

granato wrote:Does anyone remember the # of questions for any of the LGs, particularly glass and the easy one at the end?
Glass was out of 6? I think. Easy one was 5?

It was 6-6-6-5, I think.
Last edited by LawPlz on Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

enigma09

New

Post by enigma09 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:21 pm

Pretty sure the easy one had 5. I wanna say glass had 6, but I'm not positive.

2011L1

New

Post by 2011L1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:21 pm

I'm pretty sure the Lr that counted began Recent studies, and Marine Biology

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jwmalone87

Bronze

Post by jwmalone87 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:21 pm

LawPlz wrote:
granato wrote:Does anyone remember the # of questions for any of the LGs, particularly glass and the easy one at the end?
Glass was out of 6? I think. Glass was 5?
Glass definitely had the least. I turned the page for that first game and my jaw f'n dropped...that had to have been at least 7.

Moral_Midgetry

Silver

Post by Moral_Midgetry » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:21 pm

enigma09 wrote:Pretty sure the easy one had 5. I wanna say glass had 6, but I'm not positive.
Correct.

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:21 pm

October was deifnitely reacted to with more positivity.

I've heard maybe 2 people say this was easy.

Does that mean the curve is forgiving? No but what else can you hope for

logicgamesbrah

New

Post by logicgamesbrah » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:22 pm

testmachine45 wrote:
The LR was pretty easy except for 3-4 questions, I'd argue (unless I missed something).
I thought it was the easiest Reading Comp I've seen in a while to be honest, maybe I missed something again?

-10. October was definitely more difficult (I wrote in October), so stop screaming that it's the hardest test ever; everyone who wrote October said the same thing and it wasn't. (Don't even tell me that's flawed logic, you assholes :P)

Now if I could just find out hte answers to stars and aliens I'd be able to have a really, really good sleep tonight. DAMN YOU WAIT TIME, YOU'RE HARDER TO DEAL WITH THAN THE ACTUAL FREAKING EXAM!
This is wrong. Everyone in October thought it was easy and straight forward. This test was not straight forward. It has an extra question. It had hard games. It had difficult RC. never before have i experienced such pain, confusion and panic.
i took it in october and thought it was horrible, today i feel very confident so i agree with that poster

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

URMdan

Bronze

Post by URMdan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:22 pm

testmachine45

Bronze

Post by testmachine45 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:22 pm

jd20132013 wrote:October was deifnitely reacted to with more positivity.

Actually does mean curve is forgiving.

2Serious4Numbers

Bronze

Post by 2Serious4Numbers » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:23 pm

testmachine45 wrote:

oh lulz.. you're gonna laugh your ass off when you get a better score than your initial reaction would leave one to believe

LawPlz

New

Post by LawPlz » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:23 pm

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ChiCubs14

Bronze

Post by ChiCubs14 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:23 pm

testmachine45 wrote:

+1 to the replied post

The June test had tough games (Mulch and Interns) -14 curve

December had Stain-Glasses and Conferences....Stain glasses was much harder than Mulch and Conferences was just as hard as Interns if not harder....

I don't think anyone is going to agree with you that the LG's were "straightforward"

c1t1s1

New

Post by c1t1s1 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:24 pm

I took the LSAT today in Texas. Section one (LR) went smoothly, section two (RC) went smoothly and I was confident starting section three… The proctor pulled out her laptop and started typing all I could hear was tap tap tap… then she started conversing with another person and finally answered a call on her walky-talky. I then decided that I would cancel my score as I had spent 10 or so minutes being distracted so I was watching my watch for time to be called. Procter missed the 5 minute warning so I looked up to see what she was doing, she had dozed off so one minute before the section ended she called (5 minutes) clearly to keep from upsetting people and getting a complaint. I had already decided to cancel, so this did not benefit me as I had quit working on the section due to lack of focus from ALL of her distractions…

Question: can the proctor use a laptop, cell phone, walky-talky/radio and converse with others during the test?

Diiizzzzoooo

Bronze

Post by Diiizzzzoooo » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:24 pm

whirledpeas86 wrote:FUCK a stained glass window.

Gawd.

I pwn'd the experimental games during section 3, and since I could sort of see through the page and the first page of section 4 went was FULL of text, I totally thought that it was RC. Nope. Motherfucking LG. Not enough room to write on the first game, hard-ass games 2 and 3. Just. Wow. If the curve is -14, I Maybe have a shot at 170. Otherwise, I am seriously fucked (and not in a fun way).

Goddamn you, LSAC. :cry:

And that is really the thing here, isn't it? I understand that "prep test companies" exist, and there is a ton of "accesible information" available to prospective law students. But using that as an explanation for increasing the difficulty of an exam which is already widely considered the most difficult graduate entrance exam out there, is absolute GARBAGE. Anyone who actually subscribes to that way of thinking is being ridiculously unfair.

A curve is curve for a reason, and if the scores are going up, then the curve should effectively represent that fact. The existence of prep test companies, if anything, should scream out to LSAC and law school adcomms that people are using the competitive advantages available to them, which should make them more attractive candidates, because they are putting in a ton of work for the potential benefit. They are studying and preparing properly to attain their goals.

To say that there is some sort of purpose by the LSAC to make these tests more difficult in order to compensate for "better prepared " test takers, is absolutlely crazy to me. No select group of test takers should be subject to a comically difficult test because the average score is going up. Last time I checked, YHS were not fighting over people who scored in the 160s, and several T2-T3 schools are still admitting those same people.

This is bullshit. Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit. You're gonna tell me I had the same opportunity to fulfill my dreams of getting into a great school that some kid in Octiber or June had, that we had the same chance at excellence, that we were both subject to the same degree of fairness, yet make me take a logic games section where the entire first page was filled with text, the 2nd and 3rd games were about as difficult as any I have seen, and you place the easiest game last? Go fuck yourself.

Go look at any past preptest. You will always find some sort of monkey wrench in a LG section, but you will never find the sort of almost intentional crap in multiple forms that we just went through.

redsoxfan2495

Bronze

Post by redsoxfan2495 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:24 pm

It's funny how different args bother different people. Aliens and stars really didn't give me much trouble, but there are probable a few that I stared at for two minutes that most people breezed through.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

jwmalone87

Bronze

Post by jwmalone87 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:24 pm

c1t1s1 wrote:I took the LSAT today in Texas. Section one (LR) went smoothly, section two (RC) went smoothly and I was confident starting section three… The proctor pulled out her laptop and started typing all I could hear was tap tap tap… then she started conversing with another person and finally answered a call on her walky-talky. I then decided that I would cancel my score as I had spent 10 or so minutes being distracted so I was watching my watch for time to be called. Procter missed the 5 minute warning so I looked up to see what she was doing, she had dozed off so one minute before the section ended she called (5 minutes) clearly to keep from upsetting people and getting a complaint. I had already decided to cancel, so this did not benefit me as I had quit working on the section due to lack of focus from ALL of her distractions…

Question: can the proctor use a laptop, cell phone, walky-talky/radio and converse with others during the test?
Send a complaint. That's ridiculous.

gmenfan

New

Post by gmenfan » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:25 pm

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:25 pm

Last game had the least questions. There were 23 questions total. I'm guessing 6-6-6 - (guessed on 4) -5 (guessed on 1, ran out of time) as well.

jd20132013

Silver

Post by jd20132013 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:25 pm

testmachine45 wrote:
jd20132013 wrote:October was deifnitely reacted to with more positivity.

Actually does mean curve is forgiving.
This answer is most vulnerable to which of the following criticisms?

:P

But seriously, there are alternative explanations

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Cpwilson

Bronze

Post by Cpwilson » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:25 pm

Well the good thing is that everyone agrees the LG were really tough. I'm thinking a -13 curve at least.

testmachine45

Bronze

Post by testmachine45 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:27 pm

I canceled my score. I am gonna shoot for february. really sucks. but oh well. hey just out of curisuty, a proctor started opening his butt cheecks to the class while we were testing. everyone seemed pretty focused on the test so i am not sure if anyone else even saw it. but is this allowed? this was in new york city.

Cpwilson

Bronze

Post by Cpwilson » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:27 pm

I literally spent five minutes staring at one of the questions on the second logic game. I wouldn't be surprised if I got 8-10 wrong on LG alone. And just yesterday I got 0 wrong in my PT! AHHH!

w.ftw

New

Post by w.ftw » Sat Dec 11, 2010 4:28 pm

is the prep test released after the scores? i really need to look at it again to sleep comfortably

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”