Minnesota test postponed (Blizzard)

Unshake

Minnesota test postponed (Blizzard)

Postby Unshake » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:26 am

Just got back from driving to my test center in a blizzard. Hardly anyone was there and they said the test was postponed until the 18th.

Anyone know what this means for score release date, curve, etc..?

CanadianWolf

Re: Minnesota test postponed (Blizzard)

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:39 am

Guessing that it is unlikely to delay release of scores since LSAT is given worldwide & likely encounters postponements during every test date yet still delivers scores on time.

Unshake

Postby Unshake » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:44 am

CanadianWolf wrote:Guessing that it is unlikely to delay release of scores since LSAT is given worldwide & likely encounters postponements during every test date yet still delivers scores on time.

I realize this, I was speaking more about the scores of those taking it a week later, not the general population's scores... But if you meant that every time a test is postponed those that take it a week later still receive their scores on time than that is helpful.

kazu

Postby kazu » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:50 am

Unshake wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Guessing that it is unlikely to delay release of scores since LSAT is given worldwide & likely encounters postponements during every test date yet still delivers scores on time.

I realize this, I was speaking more about the scores of those taking it a week later, not the general population's scores... But if you meant that every time a test is postponed those that take it a week later still receive their scores on time than that is helpful.

I remember that February 2010 also had a lot of delayed test centers due to weather, so you might want to browse those past threads for information.

Regarding the curve, you will probably get a different, perhaps undisclosed test on the 18th. It will likely have a different curve than the one people are taking now. However, since LSAC does take many precautions in equating their curves, you will in all likelihood not be at an advantage or a disadvantage with the different test.

ETA: I remember that for December 2009, there was one area that delayed their tests due to snowstorms, and their scores came out the same day everyone else's did. However, for February 2010 there were a lot of repeated delays - I believe some people ended up taking their test about 3 weeks after the original scheduled date. In that case, those people got their scores later. However, I might be remembering wrong - so take this w/ a grain of salt.
Last edited by kazu on Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:51 am

Thanks for the clarification of your question. I don't know the answer, just offering my best guess to get your thread more views in the hope that someone with similiar experience will respond.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:52 am

the scores come out on the same day. however you will be taking a different version of the test than every one else. YOU wont have the ability to critique your performance on tls

fw22mk

Postby fw22mk » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:17 pm

Northwood is correct. I eventually took it Feb. 20 2010 and received my score Feb. 27. In some sense, it was better because I did not have to wait long for my score. However, those additional 2 weeks messed with me because no one at LSAC really knew when and where the test would be rescheduled. A piece of advice - don't let the delay throw you off.

salvage

Postby salvage » Sat Dec 11, 2010 7:21 pm

I was in Minnesota today, at the U of M. Evidently we were the only test center in MN not cancelled. It was a rough drive.

foga8659

Postby foga8659 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:05 pm

Since the test was almost a month after the original December 11 test date- does anyone have an idea about when we will get our results?

saintpaulJ

Postby saintpaulJ » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:06 pm

foga8659 wrote:Since the test was almost a month after the original December 11 test date- does anyone have an idea about when we will get our results?

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=143973

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”