Bringing warm up questions

Unshake

Bringing warm up questions

Postby Unshake » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:18 pm

Planning on getting there 45 minutes or so before 8:30AM to do some warm up questions and I was wondering if you are allowed to bring them into the test building but not into your test room (just toss them before going in)?

Also:

For those testing in Minnesota, leave very early...4-6 inches of snow tonight.

glitter178

Re: Bringing warm up questions

Postby glitter178 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Unshake wrote:Planning on getting there 45 minutes or so before 8:30AM to do some warm up questions and I was wondering if you are allowed to bring them into the test building but not into your test room (just toss them before going in)?

Also:

yes, that is completely fine. that is what i did when i took the oct test. not only did it make me feel better to do a warm up, it was also much better than just twiddling my thumbs waiting to go into the test room, which would have made me even more nervous-- but i'd do just 1/2 hour instead of 45

krad

Postby krad » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:24 pm

glitter178 wrote:
Unshake wrote:Planning on getting there 45 minutes or so before 8:30AM to do some warm up questions and I was wondering if you are allowed to bring them into the test building but not into your test room (just toss them before going in)?

Also:

yes, that is completely fine. that is what i did when i took the oct test. not only did it make me feel better to do a warm up, it was also much better than just twiddling my thumbs waiting to go into the test room, which would have made me even more nervous-- but i'd do just 1/2 hour instead of 45

This.

I got there extra early ~45min (less drive time than it took when I test drove it) and did my warm ups while having a snack. Getting there too early adds to the stress. A lot of people were there super early, walking around, talking nervously, and you can just sense the anxiety/stress in the area. Try to avoid that if you can and good luck!

Edit: If you do want to get there that early, I'd suggest bringing the newspaper or a magazine or something in addition to a few warm ups. I ended up reading the campus paper that was sitting nearby after I finished my warm up and it helped distract me from all the nervous people :)

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:18 pm

do your warmups away from the testing room. Make sure to throw away EVERYTHING that has prep material on it before walking in. I did mine in my car, and left everything there, also left the phone in the glovebox.

make sure to leave your phone outside the testing room too!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”