what are you doing for tomorrow's test?

chrissyc

what are you doing for tomorrow's test?

Postby chrissyc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:33 pm

I thought i'd NOT STUDY..so i went shopping..that lasted 3 hours. i came home and now i'm waiting for my BF to get done with work. So...of course...I am studying.

the 10 hardest logic games...doing them over again. That's 80-90 minutes of games. 30-45 mins of review. so 2-3 hours of studying. then I am going to do a LR section timed and a RC section timed.

I'm not being hard core or stressing myself out but I would be stressing if I were to just sit on my bum all day.

I ate ice cream and then got paranoid that I'd have gastrointestinal issues tomorrow (don't ask why I'm so weird...paranoia sometimes causes weird thoughts). bought a new sweater for the test (without a hood). Later I'll go buy a pencil sharpener, sharpen them, print my ticket, buy a chocolate bar, pack my bag. Maybe cuddle with the BF and relax. Get to bed by 10 latest and wake up at 6:15.

typ3

Re: what are you doing for tomorrow's test?

Postby typ3 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:09 pm

If your routine is to study every day then not studying the day before isn't the best idea. It's not a good idea to over study and take a couple practice tests or something to that extreme.

I am reviewing the last 3 prep tests I took, only the problems I missed and questions I found difficult.

Then I am taking one time LR section to work on pacing from my favorite prep test (57 or 36).

Tomorrow I am waking up at 7, going for a quick 10-15 minute jog to wake me up. Looking over a few LR problems, probably questions 15-25 in a section since those are the most difficult, and completing one moderate logic game. Then I'm going to walk into the testing center and flex.

lakers3peat

Postby lakers3peat » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:13 pm

redoing some of the games that took me a long time, some of the ones from the superprep in particular... then I am going to pick out a 2 games, 5 LR, and 1 RC passage i did perfectly for tommorow, going to pack up my ziplock, and probably redo one full practice test(that I got my highest score on) to make myself feel really smart and ready for tommorow. :) going to go to bed early too, by early I mean like 11.

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:38 pm

lakers...wow that's intense. I'm used to studying a lot these days as well. Tomorrow should be a breeze in terms of stamina and just getting through it. I am worried about not finishing of course. mostly the RC passages.

I just finished 5/10 of the hardest games. I've missed 5 total so far.

luckyme

Postby luckyme » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:43 pm

i'm playing halo and watching south park online

pattonthicke

Postby pattonthicke » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:46 pm

I did 3 sections, one of each, this morning and now i'm chilling. i wont worry bout reviewing because im done with lsat work for the rest of the day. Will watch a couple movies later and chill. Tommorrow, im waking up early to do 2 logic games, 1 passage, and 15 lr questions in morning.

Calchexas

Postby Calchexas » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:56 pm

Sitting on my butt atm. Earlier in the day I did the following:

-Logic game #20 in the Kaplan 180 book (I got every question right...Boo-yah!)

-A custom-made "super section" of mine: questions 1-7 on PT 11 LRS1 (older test); questions 13-18 on PT44 LRS1 (newer test); the historiographer ("such as web dubois") reading comp passage; and the "birds" logic game. On this, I went 7/7, 5/6, 5/8, and 6/7 respectively, so that too makes me feel good. Since reading comp is my worst passage, I just have to do my best. :)

Now I'm probably gonna play some Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I threw around the idea of getting a massage at the student rec, but I figured that'd just be a waste of money, lol.

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:56 pm

this test is crraaaazy. ok...so now i should do an LR section

asdfqwer1234

Postby asdfqwer1234 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:42 pm

I did PT 61, and I got a terrible score. The lowest score over the last two months. I lost my confidence. Sooooooooooo demoralized. :cry:

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:13 pm

asdfqwer1234 wrote:I did PT 61, and I got a terrible score. The lowest score over the last two months. I lost my confidence. Sooooooooooo demoralized. :cry:

I took that test last saturday and had similar results. don't worry. that test was insane and you'll be okay. look at the questions you missed and the explanations to try to make sense of it. what did you get if you don't mind me asking?

spets

Postby spets » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:14 pm

asdfqwer1234 wrote:I did PT 61, and I got a terrible score. The lowest score over the last two months. I lost my confidence. Sooooooooooo demoralized. :cry:

Don't let it get to you. I did the same with PT 60 - I couldn't even finish the test after I encountered the second section (LGs) because I knew I bombed it. Tomorrow you get to start fresh.

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:17 pm

I studied everyday, and warmed up the morning of with one RC passage one game and a few LR problems.
Eat well. Run through the test in your head the morning of, think about how you tackle each section. etc..
I ALSO DID NOT LOOK TO SEE IF I GOT MY WARM UPS RIGHT, no point.

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:19 pm

spets wrote:

Don't let it get to you. I did the same with PT 60 - I couldn't even finish the test after I encountered the second section (LGs) because I knew I bombed it. Tomorrow you get to start fresh.

There are always outliers in everything. YOU are lucky it happened on your practice, now it won't happen for the real thing.

luckyme

Postby luckyme » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:21 pm

sophia.olive wrote:I studied everyday, and warmed up the morning of with one RC passage one game and a few LR problems.
Eat well. Run through the test in your head the morning of, think about how you tackle each section. etc..

:!: Impossible! I rack self disciprin.

chrissyc

Postby chrissyc » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:26 pm

luckyme wrote:
sophia.olive wrote:I studied everyday, and warmed up the morning of with one RC passage one game and a few LR problems.

i don't get it. :/

hokie

Postby hokie » Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:35 pm

chrissyc wrote:
luckyme wrote:

i don't get it. :/

I'm guessing that sophia.olive didn't want to deal with which one's she got right/wrong, why, and generally fill her head with less confidence and/or trying to cram last minute knowledge (on top of test day nerves). Most likely just wanted to do warm-ups to familiarize her brain/eyes to the test........

I did the same thing for the Oct test but I did check the answers so..........

flannelman

Postby flannelman » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:29 pm

Everyone! STOP.... at least stop looking at new material. This is not good for you. It can only tire you out and or overcomplicate things you already know. If you are HELL BENT on studying something today make it something conceptual only. Do it laid back. Say EF IT! Just casually check out some of those games that took a while. Don't time yourself that doesn't make sense. Look at them and see what it was that you might have overlooked at the setup that made you take to long.

For RC I might just read a few passages and note where stuff in them is but Im not going to look at any questions on them.

LG Im going to do as I said.

LR I think a formal BASIC review could be a help... just a reminder of the stuff you started with and the little tiny tidbits along the way maybe you forgot about.

Also I think that thinking about what your going to do in a given situation is of help. If you come across a parallel reasoning Q in the first five questions and don't immediately understand or cannot easily diagram the stimulus what do you do? If you get stopped cold on a RC question for more than 1.5 min what do you do? When you see two people speaking in the stimulus be ready to expect what from the question stem? when you see a missing premise what are the two types of questions they usually ask of you? This kind of stuff...

Get everything you KNOW already organized in your head rather than just shoving new stuff in there in a panic state. Im nervous too don't get me wrong. But at this point you have to stay in the game and not show your tell!

EvanC

Postby EvanC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:42 pm

I think I finally "clicked" on the LSAT when I took PT61. It was like my 10th PT and I got a 166 on it. If it was actually really hard then I am excited about tomorrow :)

Good luck everyone and God bless!

EvanC

Postby EvanC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:43 pm

sophia.olive wrote:
spets wrote:

There are always outliers in everything. YOU are lucky it happened on your practice, now it won't happen for the real thing.

Just don't use that mentality on the test.

L -> N that is :p

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:45 pm

if you are taking the test tomorrow... get off tls.... it will onlly make you even more nervous

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:15 pm

I did absolutely nothing today. Felt good. I'm gonna review some LGs tomorrow morning and then rock that sucker.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”